My new 5.5 DOHC is in!

Blown02

Established Member
Ill definitely get videos on the street, along with track time with the stick.. Hopefully I can get MPH to video it dynoing.

shhak

Established Member
have they given you an idea on when it'll be ready? Ours lost a piston on the dyno. Injector wasn't fueling enough and the lean condition screwed a piston. Motor came back out and got torn back down. Tim has several pretty mean cobras down there right now. Just imagine all the hp sitting in that place!!!

Blown02

Established Member
have they given you an idea on when it'll be ready? Ours lost a piston on the dyno. Injector wasn't fueling enough and the lean condition screwed a piston. Motor came back out and got torn back down. Tim has several pretty mean cobras down there right now. Just imagine all the hp sitting in that place!!!

ya man, every time i bring my car to MPH they have 20-30+ stangs there.. pretty much all high hp cars..
no word on an exact date.. shouldnt be too much longer though. ill update as soon as i know something.

that sux that the car lost a piston, but atleast it didnt ruin the block, heads, and rods!

shhak

Established Member
ya man, every time i bring my car to MPH they have 20-30+ stangs there.. pretty much all high hp cars..
no word on an exact date.. shouldnt be too much longer though. ill update as soon as i know something.

that sux that the car lost a piston, but atleast it didnt ruin the block, heads, and rods!

Yeah, it could've been alot worse. I'm going to talk to them about my project as well. I was planning to assemble everything at home, but I may have them do it. Since I had that shoulder surgury, I can't lift my right arm much past my waist yet.

That car of yours should make lots of power. It'll be nice like it is, but it'll really kick ass when you get an auto put in that thing!!!:rockon:

Blown02

Established Member
Yeah, it could've been alot worse. I'm going to talk to them about my project as well. I was planning to assemble everything at home, but I may have them do it. Since I had that shoulder surgury, I can't lift my right arm much past my waist yet.

That car of yours should make lots of power. It'll be nice like it is, but it'll really kick ass when you get an auto put in that thing!!!:rockon:
ya, an auto would really set the combo off.. im gonna give the stick a try first.

sorry to hear about your arm, i would let mph build the car!

Blown02

Established Member
Wish I could say there is an update, but there hasn't been. Tim said he will have it ready for delivery for late January.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Update:
Tim just got done fabbin up the TT kit.. They pulled it off, and sent it to get coated!

:)

My guess is that it will be at the coaters for a few weeks atleast (it was for mine). I know your going crazy with it this close to being completed. Are you going to pick it up in person or have it shipped back to La? I was going to fly to pick up mine, but if you do, they have to charge you sales tax so I opted for just having it shipped back.

Blown02

Established Member
My guess is that it will be at the coaters for a few weeks atleast (it was for mine). I know your going crazy with it this close to being completed. Are you going to pick it up in person or have it shipped back to La? I was going to fly to pick up mine, but if you do, they have to charge you sales tax so I opted for just having it shipped back.
Ya the suspense is unbearable! I hope they get mine coated quickly so Tim can tune the damn thing! Im ready to have some fun in the beast!

hmmm, I didn't think about the tax. I have thought about having it shipped back.. I got a quote for $450 for shipping, but it would only take like $140 in gas..

If you pay your bill before picking it up, do you still have to pay tax?

BTW, How did it go, the car getting shipped back to you, without you seeing it complete..

Thanks for the hint!!

Last edited:

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Ya the suspense is unbearable! I hope they get mine coated quickly so Tim can tune the damn thing! Im ready to have some fun in the beast!

hmmm, I didn't think about the tax. I have thought about having it shipped back.. I got a quote for $450 for shipping, but it would only take like $140 in gas..

If you pay your bill before picking it up, do you still have to pay tax?

BTW, How did it go, the car getting shipped back to you, without you seeing it complete..

Thanks for the hint!!

NP..it was fine...the only issue I had was with the FPRS and Tim got that worked out for me. Car runs great :) ...I just need to get a few more goodies before I take it to the track haha. Paying the tax would have been mucho dinero on a project like yours or mine.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
thats awesome man, i was thinking of putting twin 67's on a 324ci motor thats for street use but i dont know...when does tim think yours will spool by

Blown02

Established Member
unfortunately not. I have not got an update. I assume the piping is either getting coated or on its way back from being coated.

Ill update as soon as I know anything.

Thanks!!!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You should see it in person:rockon: That blue is awesome looking and that motor looks like they built the car around it. Not much room in there...

i didnt think the 4.6l and 5.4l (or in your case, 5.5l) was any different in actual physical size. Looks like a standard 4.6L sitting in there to me :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread