My NASA AIX "outlaw" race car

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I hauled the car 280 miles round trip today for my NASA tech inspection. Only had a few issues that Ill get squared away this week.

I had to take pictures for my NASA log book so heres my idea of a NASA AIX outlaw car.

dorkian009.jpg

dorkian007.jpg

dorkian010.jpg

dorkian005.jpg

dorkian004.jpg

dorkian008.jpg

Good ole red, this car was the beginning of my on track experience.
dorkian002.jpg

Here's the end result.
dorkian003.jpg

Thanks for looking, :beer:
Anthony
NASA Central Region AIX #28

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Thanks guys,

Carlos,
Id like to race Mid-O but my first race with NASA is this next weekend. It may say AIX but the car is built to Agent47's " AIX Outlaw" rule set. Im no where near what real AIX cars HP levels are.

racebronco2

Established Member
Thanks guys,

Carlos,
Id like to race Mid-O but my first race with NASA is this next weekend. It may say AIX but the car is built to Agent47's " AIX Outlaw" rule set. Im no where near what real AIX cars HP levels are.

I realize that there is no way anyone can touch groswald with the power he has 800+rwhp.

Corey has asked me to race with you guys for years now but the cost is just too much for me. My understanding is that you guys are racing with the st2 rules, something like 8.5lbs per hp. At 553hp i am more a little less then 7lb per hp.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Lookin good Anthony! Really nice! Hope it stays that way!

Ah the pics make it look perfect, trust me shes a race car. Paint is faaaar from showroom pretty and its got some character on the right rear fender from the previous owner racing hard.

I realize that there is no way anyone can touch groswald with the power he has 800+rwhp.

Corey has asked me to race with you guys for years now but the cost is just too much for me. My understanding is that you guys are racing with the st2 rules, something like 8.5lbs per hp. At 553hp i am more a little less then 7lb per hp.

I built the car to race in SCCA ITE/ITO I didnt really build to any rule set but it fits really well into the Outlaw rule set.

The jump from open tracking to racing really hasnt been that much more expensive. Granted I just didnt decide mid season I was going to go racing, it took me years to get the car built and get out there last season. The learning curve comes at you fast and theres a lot to remember but thats what checklists are for.

Really like.

Thank you, I finally have the car looking like I think it should look.

Very nice looking exterior. Any details on what is under the hood and pics of the suspension?

Car was originally a '00 Mustang GT that now has a built DOHC that put down 372 rwhp with < 1 hour on the engine.

Front end is the MM setup, rear end is an IRS. Coilovers all around.

The car isnt a Cobra but it doesnt know that! :coolman:

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Car was originally a '00 Mustang GT that now has a built DOHC that put down 372 rwhp with < 1 hour on the engine.

Front end is the MM setup, rear end is an IRS. Coilovers all around.

The car isnt a Cobra but it doesnt know that! :coolman:

I wondered whether it had an IRS or not. It looks like it will be a lot of fun:rockon:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
is that your exhaust in the fender?

Sure is. Not enough ground clearance for regular side exhaust and the stock IRS exhaust routing is right under the rear diff so I ran it up through the rear seat area and then out through the body. Ive got some aluminum flat plate that Im going to make some oval exhaust bezels out of and rivet them to the body.

Driver side
dorkian012.jpg

Pass side.
dorkian011.jpg

WPBcobra

Established Member
I love that exhaust you have any pics of the inside. and how is the Tamp inside the car with it in there

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I love that exhaust you have any pics of the inside. and how is the Tamp inside the car with it in there

I'll get some interior shots up soon. I stuck two 5"x10" sheets of silver reflective tape on the bulkhead behind my seat and I'll be wrapping the exhaust inside the car with header exhaust wrap.

Im hoping with the exhaust wrapped it will be cooler than the exhaust dumps. They were in a bad location underneath the car just heatsoaking the floor sheetmetal, rear diff and fuel tank.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
* AHHH...someone bought mark reed's old 00 car. wow.

* AIX Outlaw is a California only class, right? Where are going to race this car?

* NASA Nationals. Were two real AIX cars at 2011 NASA Nationals. The rest is field filler and they race for 3rd spot on the podium. You arent going to win the first couple of times anyway.

* what about your car is NOT American Iron legal?

Users who are viewing this thread