My mortgage was sold to a scumbag lender

truefiveo

Established Member
I think there a lot of hypocrites responding on this thread acting like they have never paid a bill late. In many states you have by law 15 days to pay your mortgage without penalty. So why would you expect to get harassed every day within that period? What I'd also wonder is if they can legally change the original terms of your contract in any way. I know these companies act as if it's ok, but not sure it would actually hold up in court.

Welcome to SVTP...where financed Mustang drivers like to front like they are so winning at life:lol:
Always pay bills on time, are the best upstanding citizens of the law and experts at everything

Last edited:

blwn306

Established Member
You don't know when your property is being auctioned off you have to check every week the county records and see if your property shows up. What you do get is a nice bright sticker on your door one day your being foreclosed.

You don't understand it doesn't matter how much money or lawyers they have they had ZERO proof they owned the note, or how they obtained the note. they showed up with one young attorney that had forged documents and no real argument. They tried to drain us all our money by stretching it out 4 years but we have money too! The whole ordeal cost us only about 60k. In the end we won our home free and clear paid in full, counter sued and got a nice settlement check.

people are fighting back and are winning you just don't see it in the news. I just feel for the ones that don't have the money to fight.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
You don't know when your property is being auctioned off you have to check every week the county records and see if your property shows up. What you do get is a nice bright sticker on your door one day your being foreclosed.

You don't understand it doesn't matter how much money or lawyers they have they had ZERO proof they owned the note, or how they obtained the note. they showed up with one young attorney that had forged documents and no real argument. They tried to drain us all our money by stretching it out 4 years but we have money too! The whole ordeal cost us only about 60k. In the end we won our home free and clear paid in full, counter sued and got a nice settlement check.

people are fighting back and are winning you just don't see it in the news. I just feel for the ones that don't have the money to fight.

Wasn't trying to push your buttons bud. When I asked how you won when the company had more lawyers and money than you did, I was referencing how you manged to stay afloat as they drained you of that time and cash. A lot of people don't have the money for the lawyers. I've heard of cases similar to yours that were stretched out almost 6 years. That is a long time to fight. I find it amazing they came in with forged documents.

Robert Francis

Established Member
"Nationstar" - I'm not sure this company even exists!

As others, I've had nothing but problems with them after my original mortgage company "sold" them my loan about 15 months ago.

Usually I like to pay about one month a head, and in addition to the monthly payment on the payment slip, I'll add some additonal amount to be allocated to the principal on the separate line dedicated to just that. I did this for probably 10 years with Bank of American and and every month after sending the payment in, I'd check on line to see if they received it, and they would acknowledge the monthy payment received and deduct from the principal the additional amount I sent in with it. Never a problem.

But not Nationstar! When I check on line to see if they've received my monthly payment and the additional amount, they note the montly payment received - but not the additional amount that should have been deducted from the principal! It's just not there! Or sometimes they apply "all" the monies to the principal, and nothing to the monthly house payment as allocated on the payment slip!

I have to call them every month (and it's a trick just to get some human being to talk to) and get this straightend out and they are clueless as to why the monies weren't properly allocated. And every month they profusley apologize and say it won't happen again - and it always does.

I've never dealt with any business that fails to properly allocate funds it receives, as noted on it's own payment slip, every month without fail. I would advise anyone "not" to deal with this company if you don't have to - and if you do look out! I'm beginning to think that this company has devised ways to screw up payments received so they in turn are using our monies in an unscrupulous manner. Including loan foreclosure.

FIVEHOE

Established Member

your story kind of reminded me of this article I came across today
http://www.overtravel.net/bank-of-a...-estates-couple-in-mistaken-foreclosure-case/

97gts

Established Member
I refinanced with Nation Star Mortgage in Jan of 2014 and never had an issue with customer service. I only had to call them once since and had a person on the line in 15 mins to help. Create an online account and you can check everything online instead of having to call in to get the details.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
If you know you owe, pay the bill. You have bank records proving you did if it ever gets that far. You're the cause of this. Especially since you can look up your account online.

I know you can look it up online because NS has my mortgage. Everything is itemized. I'll bet there's more to the story unless they just happened to select you to be stupid with. Never had an ounce of trouble with them.

Last edited:

Robert Francis

Established Member
I'm glad NationStar has done well for you. I have an "on-line" account with NationStar that shows all details of my transactions with them every month. But they're "always" in error and I have to call them every month to get them to straighten it out.

It's the same story every month with them. They don't know why monies allocated to the principal are in some "special account" that the person I'm talking to has no idea what it's for or why my money is there. They always apologize and say it won't happen agian and they say they'll make "notes" on my account as to what has a happened, etc so it won't recur. But every month, it's screwed up and I and I have to call back again to get them to straighten it out.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I've had the calls around the 6th of the month asking why I haven't paid yet and argued that they aren't late till the 16th and I don't really care I've been paying it that way for 10 years without a late fee. They threatened to do a few things I'm sure they legally couldn't do. Other than that no issues.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I really haven't had any issues with Nation Star, been with them for 3yrs now.

I cant say they have been rude. More just not willing to bend the rules when its in my favor. What i mean is in January this year their auto draft setup accidentally pulled my Jan Payment 3 times..so 2 times should be refunded back so around $2000. They even admitted this. We had the money so it simply came from my savings. I asked for a refund which they granted..but it would have to go through their review department and would be 12-15 business days before I got $2000 back from them which they openly admitted was their fault they took...plus the time to send me the check as they cant just refund it back to my account. So we are looking at nearly 1 month. An entire month to return the money you took illegally from me?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I cant say they have been rude. More just not willing to bend the rules when its in my favor. What i mean is in January this year their auto draft setup accidentally pulled my Jan Payment 3 times..so 2 times should be refunded back so around $2000. They even admitted this. We had the money so it simply came from my savings. I asked for a refund which they granted..but it would have to go through their review department and would be 12-15 business days before I got $2000 back from them which they openly admitted was their fault they took...plus the time to send me the check as they cant just refund it back to my account. So we are looking at nearly 1 month. An entire month to return the money you took illegally from me?

And that is the reason I pay everything from a bill with a check.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
They are required to send you a paper bill if you request it. I would look into getting some legal advice.

Users who are viewing this thread