My mortgage was sold to a scumbag lender

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
My mortgage was recently sold to Nation Star Mortgage. I received a welcome letter and that was it. I get my first call from them telling me I need to pay my bill before it was even due. I informed the rep that I had not received a bill and he told me that is ok, I have 60 days to make my first payment. I think everything is good. I get a call from Nation Star the very next day telling me I need to make a payment for March. I said, "as soon as I receive my first bill I will be glad to make a payment, and by the way, I already payed Cenlar for March. They called again telling me that my first bill will not be generated until I make a payment. This time I asked to speak to a manager. I informed him that I payed Cenlar for March, which he called Cenlar and they verified the check to Nation Star was in the mail and gave tracking info, this takes care of my first bill and I should start getting regular bills. I think everything is good. I still have not received a bill for April. They call again wanting to know where the payment is. I told them I still don't have a bill. She tells me since the loan transferred on March 21 and they send out mail on March 18 that I would not get a bill for April, but I could pay it on the phone. They were willing to send me another welcome letter. I asked what is so ****ing hard about putting my bill in the mail? She said it will go out on April 18. I said that is ok I will wait for the May bill to make my payment since I have 60 days grace period. I asked if the bill goes out on April 18, I should receive it around april 22? No, it takes 7 to 10 business days to receive the bill. I said but it is due on the first.

The first bitch I talked to this morning threatened to call me 4-5 times a day until I paid my bill. I informed her that I my 800 credit score backs up that I pay my bills, and I will get an attorney for harassment if needed. I looked up Nationstar reviews online, and there were a lot of nightmare stories about this company. I am almost sick that I am probably going to have to refinance my home and pay closing cost again to not have to worry about these ass holes. It seems a bit unfair to be a top tier borrower having to deal with a sleazy creditor. I recorded my last conversation, and will be recording every conversation with them to cover my ass.

Looking forward to my calls. I too had a loan being collected by Cenlar. They sold it to Nation Star. I received a bill from them at the beginning of the month for April, which I had already paid to Cenlar in mid March. Have not received any bills from Nation Star since, I'm now expecting the same shit.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Should just stop paying. Your contract was to the original lender. Send them a letter, "thanks for the free house ****ers".

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
With an 800 credit score id refinance with a small credit union. That's where my mortgage is and no pmi.

oldmodman

Established Member
Would be sweet if it worked that way.

It has for quite a few people.

There are many accounts with court records awarding the entire property to the loan payer. The got so fed up with having a different loan company every few months or so that they stopped paying anything and waited until the current loan company took them to court. Their attorneys (the homeowners) demanded that the loan company show proof by displaying the original signed loan documents. Well guess what. In all the trading around of loans the original signed loan documents had been lost.

The judge found for the homeowner, discharged the entire remaining dept, and transferred the deed into their names. So they got a house after only paying the first two, three, or four years of the loan. These happened in Arizona, California, Nevada, Ohio, and Florida. I'm sure that smart attorneys were able to take this path in a lot of other states too.

OhIIICobra

Established Member

There are many accounts with court records awarding the entire property to the loan payer. The got so fed up with having a different loan company every few months or so that they stopped paying anything and waited until the current loan company took them to court. Their attorneys (the homeowners) demanded that the loan company show proof by displaying the original signed loan documents. Well guess what. In all the trading around of loans the original signed loan documents had been lost.

The judge found for the homeowner, discharged the entire remaining dept, and transferred the deed into their names. So they got a house after only paying the first two, three, or four years of the loan. These happened in Arizona, California, Nevada, Ohio, and Florida. I'm sure that smart attorneys were able to take this path in a lot of other states too.

Fannie Mae bought mine, so I would be screwed since they are a government entity. To add insult to injury they let an even more incompetent mortgage company handle the management or lack thereof on my loan.

Glad a few lucky little guys beat these greedy bastards.

Damn, just read this company has 27,000,000 mortgages with 80 employees:

http://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/1385562-151/mortgage-transfers-under-fire

Last edited:

siLversLeigh

Established Member
I've had nationstar for a few years after mine got sold. Hasn't been that bad, it is difficult to get a hold off a person sometimes.

LS2GTO

Established Member
I did not pay them last mont . I paid my previous lender. The problem I am having is they refused to send me a bill. The welcome letter didn't have any account info with it. They refuse to send a bill with all the info and details.

So? You still owe them money regardless. Like I said before, delaying your payment for whatever reason is only going to hurt you (by having a bad mark on your credit and more interest accrued). But hey, keep bitching that they don't send you a bill...like that somehow frees you of your duty to payback the loan.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Our loan was recently bought by nation star. Zero exaggeration...in the 5-6 months they have had our loan I'm guessing I've had to call 25-30 times.

blwn306

Established Member

THIS! It took 4 years in court but we won our house free and clear! our loan was sold illegally back in 08 or so when the market crashed. The company was trying to hide what it did and more than likely our original contract was shredded and all documents were lost! Meanwhile we were making payments to a random company that had no business accepting payments, one day they decide to foreclose on our home cause somebody figured out they don't actually OWN IT! They tried to auction it off from right under us! It was tough battle but we won. Judges were afraid to handle the case.

So it's smart to make sure you get everything in writing and what's needed to make sure your ass is safe. All the companies are frauds and from overseas. It's all a bs scam and a game to these people.

tistan

Established Member
So? You still owe them money regardless. Like I said before, delaying your payment for whatever reason is only going to hurt you (by having a bad mark on your credit and more interest accrued). But hey, keep bitching that they don't send you a bill...like that somehow frees you of your duty to payback the loan.
Luckily I have them on phone recording saying I have up to 60 days to make the first payment without it going on my credit or any late charges, and also saying they have yet to bill me. Since you fail to read, I never said I'm not going to pay my loan. If they keep ****ing with me I'm going to refinance with another company.

tistan

Established Member
Our loan was recently bought by nation star. Zero exaggeration...in the 5-6 months they have had our loan I'm guessing I've had to call 25-30 times.

This is the kind of shit I'm not going to put up with. I am making records of every time they call and the reason.

tistan

Established Member
As a borrower I should have a say in the matter of who owns my loan. I shouldn't have to come out of pocket to refinance because I got dumped with a shitty lender. Refinance should be free in this situation, and I should be allowed to keep my rate where it is.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I called my mortgage company yesterday to make my (lost count) request for a detailed mortgage summary on my loan. I get a lady named Maria who barely speaks English. I asked if a mortgage summary on my account could be mailed to me.

Her: A whaa?

Me: Mortgage Summary...something showing the detailed activity and history of my mortgage account?

Her: A whaa?

Me: MORTGAGE...do you know what that is?

Her: Jes...but we no do dat. We send payment book already...ok?

Me: Click

I'll try again Monday...probably get Maria again.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
THIS! It took 4 years in court but we won our house free and clear! our loan was sold illegally back in 08 or so when the market crashed. The company was trying to hide what it did and more than likely our original contract was shredded and all documents were lost! Meanwhile we were making payments to a random company that had no business accepting payments, one day they decide to foreclose on our home cause somebody figured out they don't actually OWN IT! They tried to auction it off from right under us! It was tough battle but we won. Judges were afraid to handle the case.

So it's smart to make sure you get everything in writing and what's needed to make sure your ass is safe. All the companies are frauds and from overseas. It's all a bs scam and a game to these people.

I'm curious how you found out the house was being auctioned and how you went about fighting the company that I'll bet had a ton more lawyers and money than you did.

jbs$

Established Member
One question that is not clear in all of this. Did you, or did you not actually pay for the house, or are you claiming free and clear title through some paper work error?

jbs$

Established Member
I add, if you paid your hard earned money, in full, for the home then you have my support for your cause. If you are attempting to use some type of paper shuffling scam to take someone else's property, then get your sorry ass out of their house. From the story being told, frankly, the latter seems more likely.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
This is the kind of shit I'm not going to put up with. I am making records of every time they call and the reason.

Couldnt get our automatic withdrawl correct. At one point because it kept malfunctioning it pulled January 2015 3 times and had us paid up till April. We had the money just not in the account for each month but I had them credit me the $5 x 3 overdraft fees lol. They have a much different escrow program than freedom mortage did. IF i was behind on freedom for a property tax bill for example...i would get a bill for $20 or whatever...but were will always over. Anyways Nationstar by law is allowed to require 2.5 times your yearly escrow bills. When we switched to Nationstar our mortgage went up $80/month so we could be on track at the end of the year for 2.5 our escrow bills in our escrow account. Literally just from a company change my bill went UP.

Users who are viewing this thread