My mortgage was sold to a scumbag lender

tistan

Established Member
Couldnt get our automatic withdrawl correct. At one point because it kept malfunctioning it pulled January 2015 3 times and had us paid up till April. We had the money just not in the account for each month but I had them credit me the $5 x 3 overdraft fees lol. They have a much different escrow program than freedom mortage did. IF i was behind on freedom for a property tax bill for example...i would get a bill for $20 or whatever...but were will always over. Anyways Nationstar by law is allowed to require 2.5 times your yearly escrow bills. When we switched to Nationstar our mortgage went up $80/month so we could be on track at the end of the year for 2.5 our escrow bills in our escrow account. Literally just from a company change my bill went UP.

WTF So did your payment go down the next year since your escrow was fully funded?

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
WTF So did your payment go down the next year since your escrow was fully funded?

we are at month 7-8 or so right now. We already have enough in our escrow right now to almost pay both property tax and insurance right now if we had too...one is due late dec this year (so a good 5-6 months) and the other not until Feb 1st...OF NEXT YEAR.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Kind of glad to hear about shit like this due to the fact that I'm currently in the market to purchase my first house in the next few years. I've been browsing current rates and only a few unheard of names beat my current local credit union. After seeing shit like this I think I would gladly pay a little more in interest to have ease of mind knowing I won't have to deal with morons like the op is having to deal with.

Machdup1

Established Member
Block their number and continue to pay your bill on time. Force them to put their request in writing via USPS. Respond formally in writing delivered via certified mail. Get copy of statement from previous lender showing you already made the payment and the status of your principal. Keep copies.

I recommend you do as previously suggested and refi with a credit union.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Kind of glad to hear about shit like this due to the fact that I'm currently in the market to purchase my first house in the next few years. I've been browsing current rates and only a few unheard of names beat my current local credit union. After seeing shit like this I think I would gladly pay a little more in interest to have ease of mind knowing I won't have to deal with morons like the op is having to deal with.

Agreed, I've seen some rates a little better than Navy Fed, but I specifically asked if they sell loans but they keep everything in house. So I will use them when I am ready to buy. It's worth saving the headaches.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Why don't you guys refi through a local bank or credit union? Hell of a lot better customer service and the people you talk to on the phone actually have English as their first language.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Why don't you guys refi through a local bank or credit union? Hell of a lot better customer service and the people you talk to on the phone actually have English as their first language.

I think because most credit unions require 20% dwn now before you signing the dotted line. Long ago it wasn't like that. I only had to put dwn 17k versus now would be 31k for my same credit union. Times are a changing.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I think because most credit unions require 20% dwn now before you signing the dotted line. Long ago it wasn't like that. I only had to put dwn 17k versus now would be 31k for my same credit union. Times are a changing.

Depends entirely on your credit score. Mine offered a 3.39 rate with 5% down, with my 730 credit score, but of course that meant PMI until 20% was paid down.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Depends entirely on your credit score. Mine offered a 3.39 rate with 5% down, with my 730 credit score, but of course that meant PMI until 20% was paid down.

What's the lesser of 2 evils? Have your loaned whored out or pmi at the local credit union which you'll receive a bill every month.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
What's the lesser of 2 evils? Have your loaned whored out or pmi at the local credit union which you'll receive a bill every month.

For me it's easily PMI. Especially if you plan on paying enough to pay down that 20% in a couple of years at most.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
(Please correct me if I'm wrong), but isn't PMI typically 1% of the houses value? IE, 200k home, PMI = 2k a year - 166 a month?

Troponin

Established Member
I had a similar issue like that as well. At one point, they told me that it was my responsibility to pay regardless of whether they send me a bill or not, and refused to wave any late fees. They neglected to send me bills on several occasions and kept racking up the late fees. It appeared as if this was their way of scamming people out of money. Luckily. this credit card company only had me for 300 dollars at the time, but they tried to nail me with $700 worth of late fees. I told them to get ****ed, and never paid them a dime beyond the original $200. They sent it to collections, to whom I told "Guess you just got screwed, because you're not getting my money either". I Literally waited out the 7 years and didn't pay them a dime. It's been off my credit now for a couple years.

Anyway, that doesn't really help you, other than knowing that they will ultimately screw you in the end unless you send them a nasty-gram from an attorney. They will eventually tell you what they told me; that you are responsible regardless of whether you get a bill or not. They don't care if they messed up.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I think there a lot of hypocrites responding on this thread acting like they have never paid a bill late. In many states you have by law 15 days to pay your mortgage without penalty. So why would you expect to get harassed every day within that period? What I'd also wonder is if they can legally change the original terms of your contract in any way. I know these companies act as if it's ok, but not sure it would actually hold up in court.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Hey buddy just pay your bills on time next time

I'm waiting for America's foreign lenders to send a letter to the homey at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. stating this. Instead we are all forcibly dragged through the mud so he can make it rain with $9T of our dollars while simultaneously earning us first time ever national credit downgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread