My mortgage was sold to a scumbag lender

tistan

Established Member
My mortgage was recently sold to Nation Star Mortgage. I received a welcome letter and that was it. I get my first call from them telling me I need to pay my bill before it was even due. I informed the rep that I had not received a bill and he told me that is ok, I have 60 days to make my first payment. I think everything is good. I get a call from Nation Star the very next day telling me I need to make a payment for March. I said, "as soon as I receive my first bill I will be glad to make a payment, and by the way, I already payed Cenlar for March. They called again telling me that my first bill will not be generated until I make a payment. This time I asked to speak to a manager. I informed him that I payed Cenlar for March, which he called Cenlar and they verified the check to Nation Star was in the mail and gave tracking info, this takes care of my first bill and I should start getting regular bills. I think everything is good. I still have not received a bill for April. They call again wanting to know where the payment is. I told them I still don't have a bill. She tells me since the loan transferred on March 21 and they send out mail on March 18 that I would not get a bill for April, but I could pay it on the phone. They were willing to send me another welcome letter. I asked what is so ****ing hard about putting my bill in the mail? She said it will go out on April 18. I said that is ok I will wait for the May bill to make my payment since I have 60 days grace period. I asked if the bill goes out on April 18, I should receive it around april 22? No, it takes 7 to 10 business days to receive the bill. I said but it is due on the first.

The first bitch I talked to this morning threatened to call me 4-5 times a day until I paid my bill. I informed her that I my 800 credit score backs up that I pay my bills, and I will get an attorney for harassment if needed. I looked up Nationstar reviews online, and there were a lot of nightmare stories about this company. I am almost sick that I am probably going to have to refinance my home and pay closing cost again to not have to worry about these ass holes. It seems a bit unfair to be a top tier borrower having to deal with a sleazy creditor. I recorded my last conversation, and will be recording every conversation with them to cover my ass.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I remember Hybred having the same issue last month, that is BS. Hope you get the evidence you need to lawyer up and win. (if the times comes).

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Mine was sold to a POS too. Most reputable lenders send an account summary sheet each month with a bill. Mine sends a payment book every 12 months that restarts with payment 1 of 12 vs payment X of 360. They refuse to send me even an annual account summary sheet.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Same deal here with Nation Star. When mine was first purchased by them, they kept calling me after the first to tell me I was late. I had to inform them multiple times that it is not late until after the 16th. It got to the point that I basically had to call them and tell them to f-off and stop harassing me. I now make sure to pay extra on the principle and make the payment as close to the 16th as possible just to mess with them. My credit is above 800 also and I have never been late on any mortgage payment. They are just very pushy with horrible customer service.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Same deal here with Nation Star. When mine was first purchased by them, they kept calling me after the first to tell me I was late. I had to inform them multiple times that it is not late until after the 16th. It got to the point that I basically had to call them and tell them to f-off and stop harassing me. I now make sure to pay extra on the principle and make the payment as close to the 16th as possible just to mess with them. My credit is above 800 also and I have never been late on any mortgage payment. They are just very pushy with horrible customer service.

I think it is dumb when a mortgage company won't even send verification that your last payment was received. Essentially they push off account management on the homeowner. Even my water bill and trash bill provide evidence of last payment with a short account summary section. It's unacceptable.

LS2GTO

Established Member
I know it's annoying dealing with a new mortgage lender, but what exactly is the problem and why are you having issues with paying them without a bill? You paid March yes, but it's the middle of April now and you should've already budgeted for a payment this month (16 days ago). So why not just pay it, what's the point of waiting for a bill or for the 60 day "grace period"?

Making a payment now would be much more benefitial to getting these guys off your asses than hiring an attorney and suing for harrasment :bored:

You not getting a bill in the mail does not all of a sudden entitle you to not make your payments, and you solve nothing by delaying the next payment besides letting even more interest accrue on your loan. And you don't need a bill to tell you that you have a mortgage payment due...

Last edited:

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I know it's annoying dealing with a new mortgage lender, but what exactly is the problem and why are you having issues with paying them without a bill? You paid March yes, but it's the middle of April now and you should've already budgeted for a payment this month (16 days ago). So why not just pay it, what's the point of waiting for a bill or for the 60 day "grace period"?

Making a payment now would be much more benefitial to getting these guys off your asses than hiring an attorney and suing for harrasment :bored:

You not getting a bill in the mail does not all of a sudden entitle you to not make your payments, and you solve nothing by delaying the next payment besides letting even more interest accrue on your loan. And you don't need a bill to tell you that you have a mortgage payment due...
^^^ This.
I don't receive a bill nor a statement. I have automatic withdrawals from my account weekly and I can see the balance owing and all payments made online. On the yearly anniversary of my mortgage I receive a paper statement.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member

This.

Your welcome packet has information on how and where to send payment. Your original loan documents that you signed would also state you need to make payment by the 16th of each month. Not receiving a bill for what you know you owe doesn't relinquish the fact that you still need to pay it.

This is a situation where although I feel you on crappy mortgage services, you're really just making this harder on yourself. Pay the bill as you normally would have so that the company doesn't have any reason to contact you.

tistan

Established Member
I did not pay them last mont . I paid my previous lender. The problem I am having is they refused to send me a bill. The welcome letter didn't have any account info with it. They refuse to send a bill with all the info and details.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I did not pay them last mont . I paid my previous lender. The problem I am having is they refused to send me a bill. The welcome letter didn't have any account info with it. They refuse to send a bill with all the info and details.

This.

I went through the same thing when mine changed hands after payments were sent. It's nice to know the basics like did the POS mortgage company get my last check? Did they credit it to the account? When you have a POS mortgage company it makes it difficult to pay extra principal or escrow because they leave you in the dark.

Stanger00

Established Member

Mine was just sold but to a different company. The letter advising us our loan transferred had a name and address to send payment but lacked any account information. However, there was a list of information advising that we could go 60 days before we are considered late after the date of transfer.

I will not send funds to a mailbox hoping someone does due diligence and finds my account number and appropriately applies my payment to my account.

That is just irresponsible.
^^^ This.
I don't receive a bill nor a statement. I have automatic withdrawals from my account weekly and I can see the balance owing and all payments made online. On the yearly anniversary of my mortgage I receive a paper statement.
The company that bought my loan said we could make online payments only after we mailed in our first payment and then wait 5 business days to create our online account to set up automatic withdrawals. Each company is different and I wish ours worked the same as yours.
This.

Your welcome packet has information on how and where to send payment. Your original loan documents that you signed would also state you need to make payment by the 16th of each month. Not receiving a bill for what you know you owe doesn't relinquish the fact that you still need to pay it.

This is a situation where although I feel you on crappy mortgage services, you're really just making this harder on yourself. Pay the bill as you normally would have so that the company doesn't have any reason to contact you.
I got an advisement letter but the welcome packet showed up 2 weeks later 1 week before our first payment was due. If we didn't receive anything by the first phone calls would of been made but we didn't have to because all information was correct in the welcome packet and they supplied us with a payment slip that had its own PO number and our account number as well. Guess we got a good one. Seneca is now our loan servicer.

Sorry OP. We would be beyond pissed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread