My Ls1 Camaro vs Pullied Cobra

corysmach1

Established Member
I don't need no damn practice lol
That first race was a fluke lol. I should of left instead of letting him go first. I average a 3+ car lead on our 5 or so runs. Idk if he has cooling mods or not. That 2nd race was probably about 3-5 minutes after the first one.

:beer:

whats your numbers or times? gear? weight reduction? your does sound great!

BayareaSS

Established Member
whats your numbers or times? gear? weight reduction? your does sound great!
I don't have any times for how the car sits. Car has the usual weight reduction...no spare/Jack, no back seats. Car made 436hp. I have a good idea of how fast it is but I'll have to take a trip to the track. Also has 3.73s

Seems like you used to shift faster before.:D
I did with the old clutch. It's not like shifting a little faster is going to make a big difference

The cobra in the vid traps like 117-118 on avg i think he may have gone 119.
yea your right he does 117-119

what cam are you running? stock 241's or 243's?
It's a custom cam. Its in the low 230s and I have PRC 5.3l heads

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Still street racing?
Grow up and take to the the track.
How old are you?
Your SS ain't all that.
I would have loved busting your nuts at the track
Jeff

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
Still street racing?
How old are you?
Your SS ain't all that.
Jeff
I don't even know what to say to this lol. It might not be all that but It would walk all over your car with ease. And how bout I do both track and street.... I bet you do neither so just keep watching vids while I have fun old man:kaboom:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Still street racing?
How old are you?
Your SS ain't all that.
Jeff

:lol: wtf.. Man this came way out of left field.. A few things to note. I have zero issues with you and you know this, we've talked before so don't take this the wrong way. But people street race all the time and post vids, why the hell would you write this in this one only?? Secondly his SS is VERY fast would have beaten your old cobra pretty decently on the street and at the 1/4 mi track.. Espiecally because your car wasn't setup for drag racing it was setup for open tracking if I remember correctly. Either way it wouldn't have mattered though. Now if by track you mean a few laps around thunderhill or something then yes you would have owned him. His car as it sits would beat my car, and my car made more power, and is lighter than your old car was. But again on a open road coarse you would have destroyed him, but that's not what is car is setup for.. :beer:

corysmach1

Established Member
I don't have any times for how the car sits. Car has the usual weight reduction...no spare/Jack, no back seats. Car made 436hp. I have a good idea of how fast it is but I'll have to take a trip to the track. Also has 3.73s

I did with the old clutch. It's not like shifting a little faster is going to make a big difference

yea your right he does 117-119

It's a custom cam. Its in the low 230s and I have PRC 5.3l heads

Nice....I have 2 friends with very similar setups one making 435 and the other making 440...one has 4:10s with more weight reduction the other has 3:90s...the 440 one went 1130 at 122.

BayareaSS

Established Member
:lol:

Been hitting the booze, have you?
Exactly what i was thinking :beer:
Uh oh! I think someone got his feelings hurt:lol:
:cryying:

:lol: wtf.. Man this came way out of left field.. A few things to note. I have zero issues with you and you know this, we've talked before so don't take this the wrong way. But people street race all the time and post vids, why the hell would you write this in this one only?? Secondly his SS is VERY fast would have beaten your old cobra pretty decently on the street and at the 1/4 mi track.. Espiecally because your car wasn't setup for drag racing it was setup for open tracking if I remember correctly. Either way it wouldn't have mattered though. Now if by track you mean a few laps around thunderhill or something then yes you would have owned him. His car as it sits would beat my car, and my car made more power, and is lighter than your old car was. But again on a open road coarse you would have destroyed him, but that's not what is car is setup for.. :beer:
Thanks man idk what his problem is.

Nice....I have 2 friends with very similar setups one making 435 and the other making 440...one has 4:10s with more weight reduction the other has 3:90s...the 440 one went 1130 at 122.
I have went faster then 122 but i made a little less power then i do now.
Camaro runs hard.

Thank You :beer:

BayareaSS

Established Member
lol at least your honest man and you have a sweet car....

Thanks. The track is weird, they keep adjusting the mph beam. They seemed legit to me before but now cars are trapping pretty slow there. Even though the car is faster now then it was back then it'll problem trap the same if not slower

Users who are viewing this thread