My Ls1 Camaro vs Pullied Cobra

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
What are your full mods if you don't mind me asking? That was a good race. The reason I ask is for some weird reason I raced a 02 ws6 with a cam and 3 people in the car, and only put about 2 cars on him, which should have been alot more with my setup. I also raced a 383 stroker ws6 with h/c/i/cutouts and beat it by about 3 cars as well. Sounds like the guy in the ws6 is full of shit huh? Lol just trying to get an LS guy opinion, thanks

Also how do fully built 408ci camaros do against KB cobras? (I'm making almost 600rwhp) just to compare) I raced one last weekend and he got me by about 3-4 cars, but I was with a 315lb passenger and full tank of gas :) Does that sound about right?

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
What are your full mods if you don't mind me asking? That was a good race. The reason I ask is for some weird reason I raced a 02 ws6 with a cam and 3 people in the car, and only put about 2 cars on him, which should have been alot more with my setup. I also raced a 383 stroker ws6 with h/c/i/cutouts and beat it by about 3 cars as well. Sounds like the guy in the ws6 is full of shit huh? Lol just trying to get an LS guy opinion, thanks

Also how do fully built 408ci camaros do against KB cobras? (I'm making almost 600rwhp) just to compare) I raced one last weekend and he got me by about 3-4 cars, but I was with a 315lb passenger and full tank of gas :)

Every car runs different i can tell you that. Some 408's trap high 120's some low 120's. It all depends on your setup and how good the cars run.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Every car runs different i can tell you that. Some 408's trap high 120's some low 120's. It all depends on your setup and how good the cars run.

yea I figured there is no "right" answer since every car is different. Just trying to get a general idea on how my car runs against similar fbodys. Like I said, either my car wasn't running good or what, but it was close between me and a "cam only ws6", but then a way different turnout with me racing a ws6 383... One thing I will say is I should stop believing in what people say the have in their cars, because half of the time it aint even true lol :rolling::beer:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
yea I figured there is no "right" answer since every car is different. Just trying to get a general idea on how my car runs against similar fbodys. Like I said, either my car wasn't running good or what, but it was close between me and a "cam only ws6", but then a way different turnout with me racing a ws6 383... One thing I will say is I should stop believing in what people say the have in their cars, because half of the time it aint even true lol :rolling::beer:

Let's just say 90% of the people who are into racing are full of shit!:bash:

BayareaSS

Established Member

Also how do fully built 408ci camaros do against KB cobras? (I'm making almost 600rwhp) just to compare) I raced one last weekend and he got me by about 3-4 cars, but I was with a 315lb passenger and full tank of gas :) Does that sound about right?
A cam only car with 3 people will not hang with you like he did. So he most likely lied. Its hard to say because 408s make from 470-580 but i think a good running 408 would be a great run for a kb cobra. You should race that 408 camaro without the passenger to see if your car is running correctly. My car is making quite a bit less then 450hp. Out of about 4-5 runs with this cobra i average about 3-4 cars on him. This was just for fun and video footage

Good races man, car is sick, you still selln it?

Thanks. I was never selling it. Hows your car? Maybe we can actually run this time :beer:

BayareaSS

Established Member
Git Er Dun

iPhone's need night vision lol
No I just need to get rid of that dark ass tint lol. Hopefully they find a way to upload the vids they took from the cobra with an actual video camera.
Strong LS1 dude! Look like that cobra started to get tired on the second run!

Thanks!

Actually I have realized that my motor likes to be WARM the warmer it gets the harder it runs. It was about 40 degrees and the car was pretty cool from sitting in the parking lot for 45 minutes.

Plus we raced about 4 times two weeks ago and i pulled on him just like in the 2nd vid.

Users who are viewing this thread