My JLT vs. Airbox testing is complete, results inside.....

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
well regardless of what methods are being used for test, variables missed or blah blah if the end result is still better than the previous, i think its pretty clear

mike your the man thnx for all the work for community benefit....

D.T.R

Established Member
I'd suggest...

we go ITBs and screw this argument
TrollDadDanceBlackSS.png

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
That transmission has to take me to work every day and my kids to school in the morning. :)

This is my daily driver. Also, that transmission takes umbrage to being raped, and took such umbrage earlier that day to a super fast 1-2 shift. I have no confidence in that thing. I am going to try a shifter with a shorter throw to speed it up, but I am tired of blowing runs because that thing doesn't want to go into gear.

Mike

I saw that you mentioned that you ran an 11.66, was that a real run or a super duper corrected run?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I saw that you mentioned that you ran an 11.66, was that a real run or a super duper corrected run?

No, that was the corrected time.

I have not been better than 11.90 in this car yet.

I just ordered a set of Strange adjustable rear shocks. After reviewing the videos, it is clear (and was pointed out to me by Shaun) that there is too much bounce going on with this thing on the launch. So, next time we will see if I can get that 60 foot down.

Mike

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
We had the same issue on our GT and GT500 when we started making power and hooking. It would bounce on launch and unload the suspension, and it would do the same on the shifts. We installed Cobra Jet springs and QA1's.

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
We had the same issue on our GT and GT500 when we started making power and hooking. It would bounce on launch and unload the suspension, and it would do the same on the shifts.

Well, I am going to start with the adjustable rear shocks and see if I must progress to the fronts as well.

Mike

Boosted32V

Established Member
You guys will argue the ears off of a billy goat! I thought we were bad over at DFWM, but at least you guys are argueing over important shit.

D.T.R

Established Member
No, that was the corrected time.

I have not been better than 11.90 in this car yet.

I just ordered a set of Strange adjustable rear shocks. After reviewing the videos, it is clear (and was pointed out to me by Shaun) that there is too much bounce going on with this thing on the launch. So, next time we will see if I can get that 60 foot down.

Mike

dude you're already cutting a great 60ft...
can it really go down more :??:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
dude you're already cutting a great 60ft...
can it really go down more :??:

That 60 foot sucks. I want to see 1.5s. Shaun has been there with a Road race suspension. That is when this car is going to bring the ET, after I get the suspension dialed in. Shocks, struts if needed, aluminum DS and a shorter throw shifter. It is stil my objective to see mid 11's in the heat, so I can be ready for the winter air and low 11's.

Also, seat time is so important in these cars...as you know.

Mike

D.T.R

Established Member
If he installs a gear, there is more 60 ft and ET on the table.

That 60 foot sucks. I want to see 1.5s. Shaun has been there with a Road race suspension. That is when this car is going to bring the ET, after I get the suspension dialed in. Shocks, struts if needed, aluminum DS and a shorter throw shifter. It is stil my objective to see mid 11's in the heat, so I can be ready for the winter air and low 11's.

Also, seat time is so important in these cars...as you know.

Mike
jelly.png

I am curious about the CJ springs. They are an excellent value. Worth it?

Mike
x2. Link? Price?
Of course, 3.73s, and go up to a 28 inch tire. So, gears, wheels and tires. Another $1500, cha-ching!!! :pepper:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I am curious about the CJ springs. They are an excellent value. Worth it?

Mike

Yeah, they are worth it for a more strip oriented car. I wouldn't run them on a DD. The stock springs with some adjustable shocks/struts will be fine. If anything, I would only install the rear springs from the CJ set.

Of course, 3.73s, and go up to a 28 inch tire. So, gears, wheels and tires. Another $1500, cha-ching!!! :pepper:

A 3.73 with your current tire will work, but you will just need to use 5th.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Yeah, they are worth it for a more strip oriented car. I wouldn't run them on a DD. The stock springs with some adjustable shocks/struts will be fine. If anything, I would only install the rear springs from the CJ set.

A 3.73 with your current tire will work, but you will just need to use 5th.

Good to know on the springs.

If I went to the 3.73, I would definitely go to the 28 inch tire. I run the 26 inch just to gain some gear. The 28 would make launching the car easier and more effective.

Mike

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
This doesn't look like the 2013 stock box:shrug:
2013-Cobra-Jet-Mustang-Naturally-aspirated-5.0-engine-1024x640.jpg

Looks like a huge 140mm MAF, open filter and no shield.

How does a little 5.0 need that much air?

There is a "crate" motor configuration that uses a 4.6(different heads than what a "normal" GT uses) that was approved for a 2010 body, for use in 2011.

That pic above is of the "new" Cobra Jet NA Stock Eliminator car. Race specific intake, manifold, cable actuated TB, Boss heads, different cams, 12.5:1 compression and other race specific parts are used. It will also live at an RPM that a normal 5.0 will never see...

Last edited:

Tucker

The 2013 CJ has 0 to do with a 4.6.
Cable throttle? LOL
Race specific parts? LOL

I saw this set up being tested nearly 2 years ago on a 5.0 "somewhere" by "someone". :coolman: It ran pretty good too, but it's far from "special" and still only 5.0 liters.

I wonder why they don't use the stock air box?:shrug: I heard it's awesome and has a special design to make power at the track over a open filter.:rollseyes

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
The 2013 CJ has 0 to do with a 4.6.
Cable throttle? LOL
Race specific parts? LOL

I saw this set up being tested nearly 2 years ago on a 5.0 "somewhere" by "someone". :coolman: It ran pretty good too, but it's far from "special" and still only 5.0 liters.

I wonder why they don't use the stock air box?:shrug: I heard it's awesome and has a special design to make power at the track over a open filter.:rollseyes

That was Livernois. I saw it too.

It's pretty clear that we're going to talk past each other.

Good day.

Users who are viewing this thread