My house went on the market today...

VegasMichael

Established Member
...and I got one offer for cash 14k above asking before noon and took it immediately. Buyer bought it sight unseen. My agent asked if I wanted to wait and see if we could get something higher but I said no and he agreed with me. We had actually listed the place a tad more than area comps had been selling for. I was not comfortable with the idea of a bunch of strangers traipsing through my home. Hope the deal goes through with no issues.

Edit: it was 14k above list, not 12k.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
...and I got one offer for cash 12k above asking before noon and took it immediately. Buyer bought it sight unseen. My agent asked if I wanted to wait and see if we could get something higher but I said no and he agreed with me. We had actually listed the place a tad more than area comps had been selling for. I was not comfortable with the idea of a bunch of strangers traipsing through my home. Hope the deal goes through with no issues.

Get a big earnest deposit?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats, but I would of waited a day or two at least to see if anyone would of offered more.
This market is stupid and may of gotten 20k+ over easily if that was one of the first offers.

What did they put down deposit wise?

VegasMichael

Established Member
My agent is coming over later with all the paperwork and details. I'm not sure about the earnest/deposit $$$ yet. It's a large company that's purchasing it and they plan to rent it. I wanted the place sold as soon as possible so I'm not waiting for other offers. Of course, there is a chance before the paperwork is forwarded that we get a better offer. The buyer stipulated that we must respond by Sunday so there's a couple days of wait time for other offers to come in. The place behind me has been for sale for several weeks so I feel fortunate mine sold quickly. I'm making almost triple what I paid for it in 2011 and interest rates have shot up over 5% already so I'm good with the asking price. I'm nervous about the housing market here in Vegas now. It's so overheated.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Sucks... more houses being bought by giant firms.

Congrats on the sale though!
Thanks, and I do have mixed feelings on giant firms buying homes. When I was looking to buy back in 2011 I was losing out to cash buyers from China and Canada. I was so pissed that I was losing out to people from another country.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks. I want to be out by the end of May. Still have no idea where I'm going.
Not on the Upper East Coast? I remember you were thinking New Hampshire or Maine.

If you don't like cold weather, then stay far, far away. And snow. lol
Lots of snow.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Not on the Upper East Coast? I remember you were thinking New Hampshire or Maine.

Lots of snow.
Most likely the Rochester, NY area. My parents live there and at ages 80 and 79 they need some help with things from time to time. Never know when they will pass so spending more time together is important to all three of us.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Good luck with the move and sale! My buddy just sold his house and accepted the first offer which was like $30k over and two days later someone came in with $50k over that.

I'd wait until Sunday to accept.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Good luck with the move and sale! My buddy just sold his house and accepted the first offer which was like $30k over and two days later someone came in with $50k over that.

I'd wait until Sunday to accept.
Yeah. I worry a bit because in my zip code we've had houses just as nice and nicer on the market for weeks. My place is one of the few that's in a guard gated community with additional roving security and high walls. We are also across the street from one of the nicest parks in the city as well as less than a mile from the grocery store and WalMart. But hey, if something comes in better before Sunday I'll jump.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Shoot, I think you should wait to receive a couple offers.
We still have till Sunday to submit the paperwork. If a better offer comes in I'll take it. The good thing about this current offer is that I get to keep all furnishings and washer/dryer. All I have to leave is the refrigerator. My listing had stated I would sell the home partially or fully furnished. Also, they agreed to buy As-Is...and there are a few issues that I disclosed that they are fine with fixing on their own.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Lots of snow.
NH is nice overall, though, Tony. My wife and I love Maine and I'd move there in a heartbeat, but New Hampshire has a better political climate. I could probably live with snow more so in Maine (on the coast) than New Hampshire. Just a head thing with me.

Michael, congrats on the fast sale. I hope everything forward goes well for you.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
NH is nice overall, though, Tony. My wife and I love Maine and I'd move there in a heartbeat, but New Hampshire has a better political climate. I could probably live with snow more so in Maine (on the coast) than New Hampshire. Just a head thing with me.
I like both Maine and New Hampshire, but I doubt I could survive the winters there.
They get more snow than we do. That's a big hard pass for me. lol

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My house that we paid $103k for 26 years ago is worth over $600k these days. Mind you, I’ve dumped probably $100k into it. Where would we go? My taxes are based on the price we paid. A new one close, but smaller would be $500 for what I’d want, and my taxes would jump sky high.

Users who are viewing this thread