My GT500 got wrecked yesterday!

StangJason

Established Member
Sorry for the wreck, which was a good hit. I'll be very surprised if it isn't totaled. At least you are okay. However, you would be smart to at least have your doctor check you out. This is smart to do because some injuries from a crash don't manifest for a couple of days. If you are feeling ANY pain at all, get to a doctor. This will protect you should you need to return to the doctor if an injury manifests soon, or if any pain/stiffness you have now gets worse. JMO.

I would definitely get checked especially if the insurance wants to fix your car. Medical pain is the only way you will get your money out of this car if the insurance does try to fix it which I think you should fight very hard if they do try to fix it.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your car OP, I would say its probably totaled. Looking at the front damage im going to say the front end frame has to be bent. Id go to a doctor just to check it out too, that way if anything may be wrong with you its not later on down the road and you have to go through the hassle of getting everything paid for through the wreck. Do it now while its just happened to avoid headaches later.

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
you would be incorrect

although many times when the airbag pops the vehicle is totalled..certainly not always though

lookin at the OPs car i would say his GT500 is done

seems it 50/50 right now, ive posted on other forums and some are sure its totaled while others are sure its a fixer. If it gets totaled im happy, if they fix it im gonna be a little depressed.

Sorry for the wreck, which was a good hit. I'll be very surprised if it isn't totaled. At least you are okay. However, you would be smart to at least have your doctor check you out. This is smart to do because some injuries from a crash don't manifest for a couple of days. If you are feeling ANY pain at all, get to a doctor. This will protect you should you need to return to the doctor if an injury manifests soon, or if any pain/stiffness you have now gets worse. JMO.

Yeah i got checked a few hours after it happened, i worked all last night, and right now neck is starting to get sore. Im about to go to sleep, so im guessing its gonna get worse once my body relaxes

If your car is totaled you are a very very lucky person. Even a slight fender bender pretty much screws you on the value of your car even if the work done was done to perfection and it makes it near impossible to sale your car when you need the money to pay off bills.

Here's hoping for your car to be totaled!

If your engine is still good you should buy the totaled car back and see about dropping it into a Fox body or something.
Thanks man!! I sure hope so. I would buy it back if the price is reasonable, these are worth up to 20k wrecked if im not mistaken. But there is a 97 tbird in the drive way needed a tranny rebuild just begging for a 5.4 monster, if thats not the definition of a sleeper then i dont know what is

sent from the staging lanes

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
That's how it works in NY. They give you the value based on a dealer selling the car. If he owes a significant amount less than it's value he could certainly put that toward a '13. If he's under water that's a different story. To the OP never take the first offer on the value of the car, you argue for more.

Thats not how it works, If that were the case, everyone would be totaling their cars on purpose, wouldn't you think!

More then likely, the insurance company will pay off the loan, and go by the blue book value or NADA value, whichever the use, and if you were ahead of your loan, they'll cut you a check for the difference!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Sorry for your loss. But I would not have gotten out of that car until an ambulance came to check me out. I got hit years ago and nothing to that extent and it almost broke my neck. I did not know it until after a few days when my headaches would not go away. The doctor said another 1/32 of an inch and I would not have made it through the wreck. Get yourself checked out. Also hope the person who hit you has good insurance.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Damn that sucks bro. Glad you are ok. But like everyone else said go get checked out. Better safe the sorry.

UncleDan

Established Member
NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Glad you are alright, though I definitely feel your pain.

I owned my Terminator for about 6 months before (thanks to a deer) I lost control of it on a wet, windy road and nosed into a telephone pole.

Wasn't going fast (maybe 20 mph at point of impact) but it was enough to total the car. The good thing was neither my passenger or I was injured. Just very shaken up and saddened (I had wanted a Terminator forever, finally got one, and lost it just like that.)

My car had less damage than yours does and they totaled it. The key though, is to stay on the insurance company's a$$ about it and make sure they do the right thing.

They are going to try to hassle you, and look for every excuse to not deem it totaled. They will also take forever to pay you if you let things go.

Make sure you cover yourself, because they will review the accident report(s) under a microscope to look for every possible excuse to raise your insurance rates and again, stall, avoid, and not pay you.

I was VERY lucky because the insurance adjuster who looked at my Cobra after the accident was a Mustang enthusiast, and was about as heart broken as I was when he saw it. He was extremely fair to me and my insurance company fought tooth and nail to not total it. I would have strangled some of the agents & their managers who I had to deal with if I was in the same room as them.

In the end, I won. They payed me what I wanted, but it was not easy.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
man that sucks. sorry to see :nonono:

you got rear ended so its not your fault. typically the insurance company of the person who did the rear ending will try to do all they can to take care of you in fear that you will start claiming all kinds of injuries. if they try to pay for your car less than its worth id see an attorney. maybe even see one anyway to protect your rights, so you dont get under compensated. especially if your neck is sore. that's extra $ right there. you may need to have some soft tissue injury (needing physical therapy, pain meds etc) in order to obtain enough $ not to be under water on the deal. last thing you want is to be out of your new car AND still owe money on it thanks to some other person :kaboom:

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
That sucks.

With a crease in the quater and the fender buckled in front of the driver side door I think it's a good bet that its totaled.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I'm really not sure it's totaled.I got into the same accident in my GT 2 years ago and the damage was at about 10.5 IIRC, the car was worth 11.7k so they just totaled it and gave me a check for it. The typical standard insurance companies go by is is if the damages are under 80% of the car's value they'll just fix it.

The value on your GT500 should be about 35k give or take depending on mileage/year, but that leaves a lot of room for repairs.

This is the damage my car had, ignore the half ghetto tint I had on it, never got around to replacing it before it was totaled.

Project of Mon 02 May 2011 09:58:33 PM PDT - YouTube

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Higher end cars tend to get fixed unless completely destroyed. A friend of mine wrecked his Z06 a few years ago, needed major body work, just about every piece of fiberglass on that car and the k-member, rear IRS, exhaust as well needed replacing. The car went offroad and landed on a concrete culvert..In any event the insurance company repaired it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread