My GT500 got wrecked yesterday!

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
Headed down the interstate yesterday in the right lane, traffic ahead looked to be going real slow, the cars infront of me started braking rapidly, which in turn i do the same, as im braking I get rearended. The collision pushes me into the left lane where I hit a truck. It was prolly 3 seconds between impacts. Hopefully its totaled but only time will tell. Sucks after only owning it for two months. Hope to back in one soon.

610bbc6d-7bd0-a799.jpg

610bbc6d-7be3-047e.jpg

610bbc6d-7bf7-03df.jpg

610bbc6d-7c12-49ed.jpg

sent from the staging lanes

rondog622

Established Member
Sorry about your car man. Looks like you took a good hit. As much as it sucks cars can be replaced, you and your physical longevity can not be!
Ron

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
Sorry about your car man. Looks like you took a good hit. As much as it sucks cars can be replaced, you and your physical longevity can not be!
Ron

Yeah the car that hit me gave me a pretty good lick.

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
If I'm not mistaking, when airbag deploys...automatic total. I could be wrong...but I think I'm right

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
If I'm not mistaking, when airbag deploys...automatic total. I could be wrong...but I think I'm right

I hope you are right. I hear shops dont wanna replace bags because of the liability involved of not knowing if they will deploy or not. All they gotta do is test it once, haha

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
It's totaled fosho. Use the insurance money to buy a '13.

Sry to hear that and glad your OK you could take the money and get a 13 as stated before

The thought of that sounds awesome, but how? Ive only had the car for two months, im guessing payoff is gonna be in 38k range, thats prolly more than the car is worth, i do have gap. So that makes a 13 double the worth of mine. I mean if can get in one for the same payment id be all over that. Maybe im missing something? Never had to deal with something like this. I know theres money to be had if the buyback of my car is within reason.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Sorry to hear man. Hope you're alright. Since you haven't been paying on it for very long, there is likely to be no equity there for you to cash in on. At least you have GAP. But it looks like they're gonna total it and your only gonna break even.

ModularFan

Established Member
It's totaled fosho. Use the insurance money to buy a '13.

Sry to hear that and glad your OK you could take the money and get a 13 as stated before

Thats not how it works, If that were the case, everyone would be totaling their cars on purpose, wouldn't you think!

More then likely, the insurance company will pay off the loan, and go by the blue book value or NADA value, whichever the use, and if you were ahead of your loan, they'll cut you a check for the difference!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

you would be incorrect

although many times when the airbag pops the vehicle is totalled..certainly not always though

lookin at the OPs car i would say his GT500 is done

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry for the wreck, which was a good hit. I'll be very surprised if it isn't totaled. At least you are okay. However, you would be smart to at least have your doctor check you out. This is smart to do because some injuries from a crash don't manifest for a couple of days. If you are feeling ANY pain at all, get to a doctor. This will protect you should you need to return to the doctor if an injury manifests soon, or if any pain/stiffness you have now gets worse. JMO.

boostedpimp

Slut lover
Established Member
wow sorry to hear about your accident man but glad your ok.
I'd say that car is considered totaled.. i'd buy it back though for the drive train if I was you even if it was to just resale

StangJason

Established Member
If your car is totaled you are a very very lucky person. Even a slight fender bender pretty much screws you on the value of your car even if the work done was done to perfection and it makes it near impossible to sale your car when you need the money to pay off bills.

Here's hoping for your car to be totaled!

If your engine is still good you should buy the totaled car back and see about dropping it into a Fox body or something.

mike.b

Established Member
glad your ok! i agree on the buyback if its totaled. they usually let you buy back pretty cheap from what i hear.

Users who are viewing this thread