My GT500 got wrecked yesterday!

neatofrito1618

Established Member
your wrong..
Yep. IIRC they cost around $1,500 a piece to replace. It's definitely not a good sign that the car will be fixed, but the overall decision is going to depend on the car's value and the total amount of damage.

In cases involving high dollar cars (such as a GT500), it really donesn't mean THAT much.

oldmodman

Established Member
Get an attorney AT ONCE!

Don't even talk to the person that hit you or his insurance company.

It could be months before you know the extent of your injuries. A woman next door to me was in the same type of accident. She got sued by the person that her car was pushed into. Plus, it was three months before all her injuries were known. She ended up with two collapsed discs in her neck area. Her jury award was slightly above two million dollars. It helped that the moron that hit her was drunk and driving a pretty big companies truck.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Get an attorney AT ONCE!

It could be months before you know the extent of your injuries. A woman next door to me was in the same type of accident. She got sued by the person that her car was pushed into. Plus, it was three months before all her injuries were known. She ended up with two collapsed discs in her neck area. Her jury award was slightly above two million dollars. It helped that the moron that hit her was drunk and driving a pretty big companies truck.
x2 to this.

2 million? wtf? I had 4 herniated discs, 5 bulging discs, 1 extruded disc, and quite a bit of soft tissue damage in my neck and I only got 16,000 before attorney fees.

I got a call from the insurance company the following day asking if I make a recorded statement to relieve them of responsibility if they send me a check for $300.

These type in injuries take a day or two for any symptoms to present so insurance companies will always attempt to recoke your right to sue them beforehand.

Last edited:

flS/R

Established Member
Get an attorney AT ONCE!

^^this.

there is little the insurance is going to do for you unless you get some representation. Also, please don't assume that you are alright, let a doctor determine that for you. Considering the damage to your car based on your pictures provided you took two hits which could have caused damage to your body. Get an attorney and let us know what their doctors have to say about you. Hopefully you are okay, but don't assume

oldmodman

Established Member
x2 to this.
2 million? wtf? I had 4 herniated discs, 5 bulging discs, 1 extruded disc, and quite a bit of soft tissue damage in my neck and I only got 16,000 before attorney fees.

I guess people from California are just worth more.:lol:

At least if they are Blonde, Hot, and making around 375K a year as a Shrink in Beverly Hills.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I'm confused as to why our cars have windshields/roofs/all weather tires/WINDSHIELD WIPERS.... ?

LMAO.. I do get a load of comments/strange looks when I drive in the snow and that's in my DD/beater... I won't lie though I would drive a GT500 in the snow too.

Last edited:

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
where in va was this?

Emporia on 95

That sucks.

With a crease in the quater and the fender buckled in front of the driver side door I think it's a good bet that its totaled.
Some of the buckling of the fender is from me forcing the door open. Passenger door wont open either

Why are you drivng in the rain?

I was thinking this as well.

550 a month payments, im gonna drive the thing, lol but it wasnt raining when i left my gf's house

I'm confused as to why our cars have windshields/roofs/all weather tires/WINDSHIELD WIPERS.... ?
That was quite hilarious, thank you

sent from the staging lanes

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
You weren't at fault, it will be their insurance paying to fix the car. I would fight them if they do in fact try to fix it. You have the upper hand bc you were not at fault. Your car will be worth less than it was before the accident no matter what if they fix it.

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
It got taken to our body shop we deal with, upon further looking, they saw a crease right behind the door window, and also the rear cocked some. An adjuster hasnt looked yet though. Also found out we both have the same insurance, state farm. But they are in ny and on va

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Depending on your state's laws, you're likely entitled to diminished value compensation is they fix it.

The insurance company will give you a dozen reasons why your specific case doesn't qualify, but if you do you do.

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
Sorry to hear, but glad you are okay. Good luck with State Farm...never have any luck with them and I have yet to find anyone who has.

Last edited:

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
We have talked with our agent, he said if they try to fix it, he will help us fight it

adtp337

Established Member
I'm an estimator for an insurance company(not state farm), so I figured I'd help out a little a write up a quick estimate for what I can see in the photos. I'm not sure what year yours is, so I wrote it up as an 09' model. I wrote a little over 14K just from your pictures, I can guarantee there is more hidden damage, i.e. frame rails, rear floor pan, right front apron panel dmg. My system shows that 14K is about 38% of the value of the vehicle. I'm sure you can probably throw another 4-5K in additional damages that can't be seen right now.

If they use a similiar total loss breakeven then they take into account the salvage value of the vehicle as it sits(buy back price). My system shows the salvage value hovering around 14-15K. Considering the amount of dmgs, rental vehicle they'll have to put you in, I can see it being a total. In my experiences in situations like this, if the vehicle is close to being a total loss, then they'll push it into that territory.

Sucks about your car but I'm glad you were ok. I'm hoping this gives you at least a little better idea of what you're looking at, but don't take it as any formal advice, just once car lover helping out another.

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
I'm an estimator for an insurance company(not state farm), so I figured I'd help out a little a write up a quick estimate for what I can see in the photos. I'm not sure what year yours is, so I wrote it up as an 09' model. I wrote a little over 14K just from your pictures, I can guarantee there is more hidden damage, i.e. frame rails, rear floor pan, right front apron panel dmg. My system shows that 14K is about 38% of the value of the vehicle. I'm sure you can probably throw another 4-5K in additional damages that can't be seen right now.

If they use a similiar total loss breakeven then they take into account the salvage value of the vehicle as it sits(buy back price). My system shows the salvage value hovering around 14-15K. Considering the amount of dmgs, rental vehicle they'll have to put you in, I can see it being a total. In my experiences in situations like this, if the vehicle is close to being a total loss, then they'll push it into that territory.

Sucks about your car but I'm glad you were ok. I'm hoping this gives you at least a little better idea of what you're looking at, but don't take it as any formal advice, just once car lover helping out another.

So i should ask for a rental? I mean i live with my parents and they have an extra car i can drive. But if getting a rental is gonna help in totaling it then i should

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
I got the phone earlier with the other persons state farm office, after being transferred 3 times I talked to a lady that started asking about my injuries. Told her i was fine and had seen a doctor, but my body was sore, and i had a burn from the airbag. She said in the end their will be a one time medical claim to cover my bills for anything , and any lost time at work. Also she said i could claim pain and suffering too if i wanted. What does that mean if i want to?

Users who are viewing this thread