My Cobra is Going to be in 5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords

Teddy-T99

Established Member
Just Picked my car up from GTR High Performance in Rancho last night. It was there being worked on for a 2 part tech article that is going to be in 5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords. Part 1 of the two part tech article is going to be in the next issue to go on sale, and part 2 will follow not to long after. I must say all of the guys at GTR are top notch and do QUALITY work. Thanks to those guys, the goals I set for the Cobra have been FAR EXCEEDED. I'd love to share numbers but you guys are going to have to wait until the magazine drops for details and exact HP / TQ numbers.

I don't care much for the title the project was given but be on the look out for "Project Cheap Snake" haha. Of course the word "Cheap" is relative lol.

Last edited:

Teddy-T99

Established Member
Worthless thread without any details...

I agree. Congrats, but you should've posted up when you could actually post something.... Kinda let down by lack of info....:bored:

I guess I can repeat what he has already put out on Instagram about the article lol...Basically I wanted to take my bone stock Cobra and build my dream Cobra with over 500hp on a minimal budget.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, that's a minimal teaser for sure. LOL. For those who don't read 5.0 Mustangs & Fast Fords, post a summary of what was done, numbers, etc. after the magazine has been out for a bit.

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
congrats OP!

were you just in the right place at the right time when they saw your car? or did you send photos in or what? that's the story i want to hear.:read:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Congrats for getting featured OP and I don't mean to offend; however, such articles are why I canceled 'Stang rags years ago. Not enough Terminator features and they when they do, they print a 500hp build that's been done over and over again with all the same parts and techniques.:sleeping:

I quit waiting for ground breaking technology, techniques, new parts etc.

Teddy-T99

Established Member
Well, that's a minimal teaser for sure. LOL. For those who don't read 5.0 Mustangs & Fast Fords, post a summary of what was done, numbers, etc. after the magazine has been out for a bit.

congrats OP!

were you just in the right place at the right time when they saw your car? or did you send photos in or what? that's the story i want to hear.:read:

Will do Cobra Bob, the first part will be out in a couple weeks and I'll make sure to put a summary up.

Chosyn1, I simply went to the magazine website and sent an email. I just wrote a paragraph or two about what I want to do with the car, how my build was relatable to the rest of the mustang community, and a little back ground on myself. I honestly did not expect to ever hear anything back. Then one night about 2-3 weeks later I got an email on a Friday evening saying they were interested in picking up my story and left me contact info to get in touch with them.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
That's cool, congrats OP - I don't blame you for posting up now without being able to give all the details, I would be excited and probably do the same.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
OP, congrats to you, look forward to seeing the post/article.

Congrats for getting featured OP and I don't mean to offend; however, such articles are why I canceled 'Stang rags years ago. Not enough Terminator features and they when they do, they print a 500hp build that's been done over and over again with all the same parts and techniques.:sleeping:

I quit waiting for ground breaking technology, techniques, new parts etc.

this makes two of us, I don't subscribe to any of the mustang mag's anymore

Users who are viewing this thread