My car just caught on fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien STI

Established Member
FMC360 is not a 'need to know' code lololol any dealership can pull it up. As stated above it has nothing to do with 'legal' matters, its probably just a recorded call where you called customer relations about your car, to be honest.

Why would you post on a forum to help your case, if you were so sure there was nothing to hide, would you really need anything to help you? A person need not brag about something, that speaks for itself, ya know?

So you're saying you didnt get a copy of your repair order?
I would assume he put it on the forums for more input/help from outside sources, in the event he was denied. (assuming he knew he had nothing to do with the fire)

impactblue

Established Member
neither 13cobra nor I are service managers, no.

Then how do you guys know everything about how the service manager does his/her job

Smack down would be pointless because I'm sharing what I know I'll go get the paperwork. Make copies and post it all up. I have nothing to hide

Danman0469

Established Member
And you are? If it's true, which it appears, that OP tried and failed to dupe Ford it should be moved to smackdown. I really fought for this guy. :nonono:
As did I. I thought 13cobra was trolling before (no offense), but I'm starting to think he's on to something, and obviously he knows more about these matters than I do.

I too vote for move to SD.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
Keep thread alive but I agree move it to SD. Not worth taking up the 2015 page for same BS over and over.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought 13cobra was trolling before (no offense)

None taken.

Again, I'll be happy if the OP can prove everything. No big deal, every one moves on, his insurance fights it out and gets it handled.

But from the beginning this has been slightly fishy.

impactblue

Established Member
None taken.

Again, I'll be happy if the OP can prove everything. No big deal, every one moves on, his insurance fights it out and gets it handled.

But from the beginning this has been slightly fishy.

I understand how it looks fishy. I posted on here because I've never had a good warranty experience with ford. I got good advice and deysha got me a loaner. Don't know what I would have done if she hadn't I'll get everything I can to help you guys understand what's happened. I've lost all hope of this forum. 90% of you would have driven a car through the dealership window. I've handled it better than I thought I would

ridenfish39

Established Member
because I've never had a good warranty experience with ford.

You're not the only one....

I hope this is resolved soon. The only way I can see a fire happening is to drop a cigarette on the floor and forget about it for a few minutes. I'm still on the OP's side but things are looking a little cloudy.

impactblue

Established Member
You're not the only one....

I hope this is resolved soon. The only way I can see a fire happening is to drop a cigarette on the floor and forget about it for a few minutes. I'm still on the OP's side but things are looking a little cloudy.

I know you have no way to know but I don't smoke

Nor would I allow smoking in any of my vehicles

acrbill

Established Member
Still don't know what sounds fishy outside the fact that there was no cause found by Ford. I had a warranty denied by Dodge when the clutch on my car disintegrated with 2k miles on the car. It was cheaper to put a new clutch in than to deal with the mess even though I was not in the wrong.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Still don't know what sounds fishy outside the fact that there was no cause found by Ford. I had a warranty denied by Dodge when the clutch on my car disintegrated with 2k miles on the car. It was cheaper to put a new clutch in than to deal with the mess even though I was not in the wrong.

Clutches are specifically mentioned in warranties to be considered a wear item, therefore wouldn't be covered anyways.

acrbill

Established Member
Clutches are specifically mentioned in warranties to be considered a wear item, therefore wouldn't be covered anyways.

I was there when the guy pulled the inspection plug out. Clutch parts fell out. 2k miles on the car. Ford warrantied the clutch on my 2011 Mustang.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Ya very few entities warranties the clutch due to the fact that if you don't know how to drive a manual, you can wear through one in a day easy.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was there when the guy pulled the inspection plug out. Clutch parts fell out. 2k miles on the car. Ford warrantied the clutch on my 2011 Mustang.

That's odd to me, but good for you!

acrbill

Established Member
That's odd to me, but good for you!

MT82 of prosperity LOL. Traded that pile in for an auto. My e brake boot tore and some paint started peeling on the shifter and they took pics and Ford OKd it to be warrantied. I have had nothing but good experiences with Ford. OP seems to be getting the life long shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread