My car just caught on fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

impactblue

Established Member
I agree with everyone else - never heard of an insurance company saying you have to give them the $1000 deductible up front. I mean I guess you would if they were handling the payment to the repair shop - but that should be an option you choose, not a requirement.

And FWIW, OP I still believe you. I just don't see you being dumb enough to think you could scam Ford. I have a deep understanding of how large corporations think in these matters and I think they made a very carefully calculated decision to tell you as little as possible and deny your claim.

If I was looking for a scam probably would burn it to the ground. What could I have possibly obtained out of this?? A new car? It was a new car to begin with

Why spend money having exhaust tips put on my car to turn around and light it on fire

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Just got off the phone with the insurance agent. You all are right about the premiums. They will not go up. But they do need the deductible. The adjuster will determine how bad damage is. But she said the insurance will have to decide if they want to go after ford in court over $2300. I doubt that will happen. I'm going to file anyway once I get a little more money. She said I have a year to claim. I'll file as soon as I can

WTF.....you must not have a big name insurance co. State Farm, Farmers, etc

I have NEVER been asked for deductible upfront, that is total BS. Change insurance co after you finish this out....if you do.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just post the VIN, I'd like to look up the service record.

EDIT: Never mind, found it on page 14.

1FA6P8CF3F5310942

There has been a FMC360 case open on it. Basically it just shows Ford has communicated with the dealer about an issue. Unfortunately since it's not my dealership (well, actually, in this case it's fortunate that it's not) I can't tell you what has been communicated.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wtf is happening here??

Untitled.png

Doesn't show anything.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OP can say what he wants. Everything that I've seen, read, heard leads me to believe he's not being straightforward about it with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread