My car just caught on fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

impactblue

Established Member
My friend and I were driving down the road when all the sudden flames/sparks shot out between the seat and the center consul. It looked like an upside down bottle rocket launching fire up. Scariest thing that has ever happened in my life and my eyes are burning from all the chemicals/smoke

It got melted plastic up on the windshield and dashboard. All over my belongings

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416365926.798046.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416365937.664442.jpg

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
Are there airbags in the seats? Sounds like more takata failures.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
im glad everyone is okay. but man I don't know why I laughed when I read the tittle LOL

impactblue

Established Member
That sucks man sry to hear that hopefully you get a new car out the deal

I hope so... I went through this with my gt500. Clutches. Rear ends My windshield wipers shorted out. Motor blew at 9,xxx miles. I'm honestly done with all this car crap

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Imagine driving and all the sudden flames and smoke and your passenger trying to jump out the window

LOL yea it seems like a kind of funny thing. the insurance should cover it though. actually ford should fix you up with a new car at a very decent price. I am sure that they don't like to have the thought of a possible fire lingering on one of their clients.

impactblue

Established Member
LOL yea it seems like a kind of funny thing. the insurance should cover it though. actually ford should fix you up with a new car at a very decent price. I am sure that they don't like to have the thought of a possible fire lingering on one of their clients.

Maybe they will make it right

I'm happy it didn't burn to the ground

Last edited:

impactblue

Established Member
It happened right down the street from the dealer so I rolled up fumes still coming from the car. Told me to come in the morning for service

Maybe ford will keep this one and give me one. Don't even care if it has a few more miles but I know how this is going to go. It's going to keep breaking

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
Glad everyone is okay. Things like this make me glad I'm waiting until the spring. I'm hoping most of the bugs will be known by then.

Husker

Established Member
Whoa...This is very disturbing...Glad you + your passenger are unharmed.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Ford should fix it at a price of free, no hassles. There should be no need for insurance. Well, that's how I feel it should work out lol.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
That's crazy. Wasn't this the car with all the issues to begin with?

impactblue

Established Member
That's crazy. Wasn't this the car with all the issues to begin with?

seat cover issues. Ford employee curbed the wheels car tells me my hoods open while I'm driving over and over again.

Ford took pictures of seats and agreed to replace the wheels but I haven't had any news about it since the day I took it up there

I only owed 16k on the car I traded in and I wasn't upside down. Now I owe 38k for this thing. If it keeps it up I'm going to try and get them to take it back. My Shelby had one thing after another over and over and over and the dealer would fight me over it constantly saying it's my fault. Don't have the patience. This is my daily driver

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread