My Boss 302 journey so far...

NJSP117

Established Member
New wheels....

So I couldn't wait until tomorrow to swap out the wheels...so I did it late this afternoon....
I'm really pleased with the look. The 20s on the rear fill out the rear wheel well better and the color of the SVTPP rims is a nice match to the oem reflective stripes on the car....

BEFORE:

Image.jpg

AFTER:

Image1-1.jpg

BEFORE:

Image3-1.jpg

AFTER:

Image2.jpg

Well.....let me know what you think!! I really like these rims....always have....

NJSP117

Established Member
Btw, quick question - how long did it take you to remove the baffles? Is this something you can easily do yourself?

Yes, it took 10 minutes once I figured out where they were. Raise the car a bit, or on a lift. Disconnect the side pipes from the H pipe, take the restrictor plate out and bolt the side pipe back to the H pipe. A 15mm socket is all you need.
There are 3 bolts. 2 at the H pipe and 1 that hangs the side pipe to the car. That one is out toward the edge of the car.
This was the easiest mod yet....and I gotta give Matt (Dadz500) credit for telling me about it.....
I cannot believe how different it sounds without the baffles/plates in there.

NJSP117

Established Member
Those look way better. Sweet ride.

Thanks! I was up in the air about them....looked too light until they were under the car...now it looks just right! And the stock wheels are safely stored away if I ever need them....

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Thanks! I was up in the air about them....looked too light until they were under the car...now it looks just right! And the stock wheels are safely stored away if I ever need them....

You could always powder coat the svtpp wheels black if you thought they were too light

NJSP117

Established Member
You could always powder coat the svtpp wheels black if you thought they were too light

I initially thought about that...but they now look a tad darker on the car...I think it's a great match with the reflective stripe. They really look good...I think they are an improvement over the stock rims. Can't get enough of this car...
Just found out the shifter is the same size as my GT500, so all of my Grabber Pony shift balls will fit. I just have to get the correct jam nut.
I know the reverse indicator is different Boss vs GT500....but since no one else drives the car, it doesn't matter what the pattern on the ball is...
I actually had them make me a Grabber Blue shift ball a few months back....I'll post pics tomorrow....
I'd also like to get the suede shift boot from the GT500. Not sure why they went with the leather one when the Boss steering wheel is ALL alacantara suede....

Users who are viewing this thread