My Boss 302 journey so far...

NJSP117

Established Member
Finally got a few free minutes to post about my Boss buying experience, and thought I'd share it....
I recently sold my 09 GT500 vert and planned to pick up a 13 GT500. Went to my local dealer to place the order and saw a race red Boss 302 in the showroom with a $5000 markup....I checked it out, sat inside and was really impressed by the car....so instead of placing the order, I figured I'd come over to the Boss 302 section of the forum and see what you guys thought of the car....plus, I was going on vacation the next day, so I had some time to decide GT500 or Boss.
First post I read was the post from dadz500 regarding his new GHIG Boss and how much he liked it even compared to his 13 Shelby. I was impressed...
I spent mostly all my time ont is forum over in the Shelby forum, so I didn't know much about the Boss...
So I replied to some posts that I was now looking for a Boss in grabber blue and what do you know, dadz500 PMed me that his local dealer had one in stock and he had already gotten me a price...and WOW what a good price!! Keep in mind this is someone I didn't even know until this week!! He hooked me up with his salesperson and next thing you know, I bought a grabber blue Boss!
So far it could not have been an easier transaction...the car is still 800 miles away awaiting shipment, but I hope to have it here in NJ by next week...
All in all a dam good experience....I made some new friends in both Dadz500 as well as the salesman at the dealership, Brian, who has made this 800 mile transaction a breeze and very painless....I'm very impressed and would recommend him and his dealership to anyone interested in a new mustang purchase. PM me for the details if you're looking for a new car.
But now I wait.....the hardest part....until the car gets shipped up here. But at least I know I have some new friends here on the Boss forum and I know I'm getting an incredible car...
Looking forward to sharing my experience with you guys once the car arrives....
Huge props and a thank you to Matt and Brian for helping me out on this one, I owe you guys big time....if I'm ever in your area of Florida, I'll take you out to dinner! That's what makes these forums a great place to hang out!
Thanks for taking the time to read.....I'll post pics once the car arrives....
Bill

Last edited:

rahar

Shipping caution

I know you are excited about your BOSS.

Caution: I was at University Ford and they were delivering a LS and it was being shipped to Atlanta. Long story short...the driver for the shipper scrapped the front spoiler all to crap. Finally, he couldn't even get it on the truck because of the ramp angle and had to be shipped by a different truck.

Make certain the shipper takes extraordinary care in loading it.

Just an observation.

Regards.

RAH

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Great story. I was getting rid of my GT500 I think I'd replace it with a new Boss. I'm looking forward to seeing pics. The new Boss looks great in Grabber Blue. I'd have a tough time deciding between that and GHIG. Congrats brother

Boss949

Established Member
Sounds similar to my Boss journey. Purchase long distance. From a CTS V to the Boss (almost completely ignorant about the Boss prior to purchase). My daughter is The Office Manager at Ford Dealership in Orlando. Hooked me up with D plan pricing. Sold my V in1 day. Was contemplating having the Mustang shipped 1100 miles.

Decided to Fly/Drive. I'm glad I took the time to drive it back to DFW.

If you can work it out, you will enjoy every minute of the trip home. Spend the money on yourself driving, not on a transport.

ps. I had the TracKey installed and side exhaust restrictor plates removed before I picked it up. Didn't use TracKey until after break-in period.

You can't imagine how much you are going to enjoy your new Boss. Congrats

NJSP117

Established Member
Was one in delray beach showroom....is that the one you got..?

You will love it! Mike

Thanks Mike! Can't wait....
Mine is coming from Daytona, not Delray. Wasn't as easy as I thought to find a grabber blue one...saw some tellows, and a couple greens, but thanks to some help from a fellow forum member, I found a blue one right off the truck!

NJSP117

Established Member
Great story. I was getting rid of my GT500 I think I'd replace it with a new Boss. I'm looking forward to seeing pics. The new Boss looks great in Grabber Blue. I'd have a tough time deciding between that and GHIG. Congrats brother

Thanks Nate! I missed my GT500, was looking forward to the new GT500, but the wait and the cost were becoming a pain in the a55....
And after reading about the way the boss drives and handles, I went this route...I think I made the right choice...
And I've always liked the grabber blue....i had the same dilemma...green vs blue, but in the end, the blue won...can't wait to get it...

NJSP117

Established Member
Sounds similar to my Boss journey. Purchase long distance. From a CTS V to the Boss (almost completely ignorant about the Boss prior to purchase). My daughter is The Office Manager at Ford Dealership in Orlando. Hooked me up with D plan pricing. Sold my V in1 day. Was contemplating having the Mustang shipped 1100 miles.

Decided to Fly/Drive. I'm glad I took the time to drive it back to DFW.

If you can work it out, you will enjoy every minute of the trip home. Spend the money on yourself driving, not on a transport.

ps. I had the TracKey installed and side exhaust restrictor plates removed before I picked it up. Didn't use TracKey until after break-in period.

You can't imagine how much you are going to enjoy your new Boss. Congrats

Thanks! I plan on removing the restrictor plates as well....does it sound much different without them? Also plan on the trackey...as soon as I can get it ;)

NJSP117

Established Member
How far from Baltimore? Zporta lives there and I visit regularly. Once it arrives you should take a little road trip.

I'm not far at all. 2 hours from baltimore...that sounds like a nice ride to break it in...let me know next time you're heading up. I'm hoping the car gets here by next weekend....
Bill

Boss949

Established Member
Thanks! I plan on removing the restrictor plates as well....does it sound much different without them? Also plan on the trackey...as soon as I can get it ;)

I think it sounds way better. Barks, Bubbles, etc...

I had them do it in the service department. Charged me $44.00. Worth it, and was ready for the road.

86Fbody

Established Member

I would say drive it for at least a day with the restrictor plates and then take them off, made me appreciate the sound much more. Then once the sound gets annoying look for a nice after market that does away with the side exits all together. IMO thats the way to go.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I just got home from my local dealership, Cowles Ford (22192), and they have a grabber blue Boss in their showroom. You're going to have an awesome car. I'm sure you already knew that though.

NJSP117

Established Member
I think it sounds way better. Barks, Bubbles, etc...

I had them do it in the service department. Charged me $44.00. Worth it, and was ready for the road.

Sweet....love the bark and burble! lol!! The quad exhaust makes for a unique sound for sure....

NJSP117

Established Member
I just got home from my local dealership, Cowles Ford (22192), and they have a grabber blue Boss in their showroom. You're going to have an awesome car. I'm sure you already knew that though.

Well, after the GT500, this car has some big shoes to fill...but from everything I 'm reading, its more than meeting the expectations of everyone who is getting one....so we'll see. I'm sure from a raw power perspective, it'll give up a lot to the gt500, but from what I hear, it's a blast to drive....huge fun factor...and at a great price compared to a 13 shelby.
Blue was my first choice, then the green grew on me...but I think in the long run, I'll like the blue more. I really like the new tail lights...sounds corny, but they're really cool looking....

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
Congrats on your purchase. I am an HPDE instructor and I had the pleasure of having a LS boss for the weekend at Sebring recently at a Track Guys Track Event and WOW, what a car! It was a little soft and cushy from what I am used but that is easily corrected.

I have put all my toys for sale and as I move them one by one, I am banking for a Boss of my own.

Again, Congrats and take it to the track and enjoy it.

Here is a pic of the car at Sebring.
PART_1338324422989.jpg

This is my current toy now.....
TRACKGUYSSebringMay28-292011DL-1132.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread