My Boss 302 journey so far...

Dadz500

Established Member
Bill-

I am glad I was able to help out. I try to help Brian with as many sales as I can on the Forums because his prices are great and his service is second to none. As you know I bought a second Boss from him two days ago and today another car for my Wife. I am very happy he was able to take care of you and you were able to get the car you wanted.

I think as far as living up to the Shelby's shoes, you are going to be surprised. Brian drove mine yesterday (his first real drive in one other then around the dealer property) and he was super impressed. The Owner of the Dealer is a racer as is his Son who at 14 was signed by Jack Roush. He also owns a Boss and a Boss 302s instead of Shelby's. It may not be as fast, but I sure don't miss the power and the only time the thought even enters my mind is when someone else is in the car with me and we are talking about it. So far everyone who has driven both of my Shelby's has been completely impressed with it (the Boss) and said the same thing about not missing the feeling of power. I have no doubt you will be happy.

As for the restrictor plates, it literally takes about 5 minutes to remove them yourself without jacking the car up. 3 bolts which you can easily reach with the car on the ground (as long as you dont mind laying down on the ground) or I can have them removed for you tomorrow for free in service tomorrow, unless it is getting picked up tomorrow. I am glad you were able to work a deal with Nick to transport it, he is a good guy. Did he say if it would be the same driver I used?

Anyway - Enjoy your new car and if there is anything I can help you with at all, anytime, you have my number, just call.

I will make sure to pass your comments here to Brian, I am sure he will be happy to hear them.

Last edited:

Dadz500

Established Member
BTW- Anyone wanting a GHIG Boss with both options, they have a November/December build. Not too late to change color or options. The car will be the same price Bill paid for his and I paid for mine. Again, I am not affiliated with this dealer, just bought many cars from them and the salesman has become a great friend and takes excellent care of anyone I send to him (well he takes great care of everyone) but with my people there are no negotiations because there is nothing left to negotiate, he gives rock bottom prices. Let me know if you want this order changed or locked into your name, currently it is locked into my name but I got impatient and couldn't wait so I made them bring one in from another dealer. Don't forget, this 4th quarter build is probably the last for the Boss.

NJSP117

Established Member
Bill-

I am glad I was able to help out. I try to help Brian with as many sales as I can on the Forums because his prices are great and his service is second to none. As you know I bought a second Boss from him two days ago and today another car for my Wife. I am very happy he was able to take care of you and you were able to get the car you wanted.

I think as far as living up to the Shelby's shoes, you are going to be surprised. Brian drove mine yesterday (his first real drive in one other then around the dealer property) and he was super impressed. The Owner of the Dealer is a racer as is his Son who at 14 was signed by Jack Roush. He also owns a Boss and a Boss 302s instead of Shelby's. It may not be as fast, but I sure don't miss the power and the only time the thought even enters my mind is when someone else is in the car with me and we are talking about it. So far everyone who has driven both of my Shelby's has been completely impressed with it (the Boss) and said the same thing about not missing the feeling of power. I have no doubt you will be happy.

As for the restrictor plates, it literally takes about 5 minutes to remove them yourself without jacking the car up. 3 bolts which you can easily reach with the car on the ground (as long as you dont mind laying down on the ground) or I can have them removed for you tomorrow for free in service tomorrow, unless it is getting picked up tomorrow. I am glad you were able to work a deal with Nick to transport it, he is a good guy. Did he say if it would be the same driver I used?

Anyway - Enjoy your new car and if there is anything I can help you with at all, anytime, you have my number, just call.

I will make sure to pass your comments here to Brian, I am sure he will be happy to hear them.

Thanks again Matt,
I appreciate the lead and all the help working out the details of a purchase that's 800 miles away. It was painless...no haggling, no salesy stuff, just an easy purchase.
You're right, Brian was excellent. I'm going to refer anyone that is looking for a new ford over to him...especially anyone looking for a new mustang.
He's even gone so far as to contact the shipping company today for me to see when they were going to pick it up. Excellent follow up. And all of this was done while I was on vacation with the family....he didn't mind waiting for me to return his calls or texts while I did the beach thing with my wife and kids...overall he's been exceptional in every way.
You guys together made this work for me and I owe you one!
Only a few more days till delivery.... :banana:

86Fbody

Established Member
Something else to mention is to try and curb the excitement while your driving for the first few hundred miles. I know it's tough, I went from a 93 celica to my Boss and the almost 400% increase of power was tempting, but you will thank yourself for not ruining the car before it's broken in and you shouldn't have any oil consumption problems above the normal break in consumption. Glad to see your excited about an awesome car.

NJSP117

Established Member
Something else to mention is to try and curb the excitement while your driving for the first few hundred miles. I know it's tough, I went from a 93 celica to my Boss and the almost 400% increase of power was tempting, but you will thank yourself for not ruining the car before it's broken in and you shouldn't have any oil consumption problems above the normal break in consumption. Glad to see your excited about an awesome car.

Yeah, I'll drive it normally for the first few hundred miles....or until I get the trackey installed ;)

86Fbody

Established Member
Yeah, I'll drive it normally for the first few hundred miles....or until I get the trackey installed ;)

I would even say wait to use the trac key until you have broken it in. I have read some people drove it day one from the dealer on the trac key, and I believe they have revised the tune since the Boss first came out, but I would just play it safe since there are many many posts about oil consumption problems from people. Wouldn't want you to be another sad panda who has to have ford replace your motor.

NJSP117

Established Member
I would even say wait to use the trac key until you have broken it in. I have read some people drove it day one from the dealer on the trac key, and I believe they have revised the tune since the Boss first came out, but I would just play it safe since there are many many posts about oil consumption problems from people. Wouldn't want you to be another sad panda who has to have ford replace your motor.

I'll have to look into the oil consumption issue. I hadn't seen anything about that. Thanks for the heads up. I'll take it easy at first while I make some upgrades and maybe new wheels and tires...

Whosthe

Established Member
Congratulations - love that color. The open side pipes are addicting. I decided that I would not want to bother climbing under the car to take them out and remove them and then reinstall them when I needed the car to be more civil :) So, I installed electronic cut outs. Easy to put in and now I just hit a toggle switch when I want to hear some of that beautiful sound......

NJSP117

Established Member
Congratulations - love that color. The open side pipes are addicting. I decided that I would not want to bother climbing under the car to take them out and remove them and then reinstall them when I needed the car to be more civil :) So, I installed electronic cut outs. Easy to put in and now I just hit a toggle switch when I want to hear some of that beautiful sound......

Thanks! I love the blue too...it really pops in person....much nicer than I had sen in pics....
That's a good idea about the cut outs...I plan on removing the restrictor plates tonight...I think that'll wake up the sound as well....

NJSP117

Established Member
UPDATE:
I received the car from the shipping company last night around 11:00pm...was really dirty from the trip up due to rain....but as soon as it came off the truck I gave it a bath and cleaned it back to perfection! The Grabber Blue looks AWESOME on this car with the stripes...
I drove it around last night and today and WOW, I'm really impressed. I don't feel like I gave up a ton of power from my GT500 and it really is more fun to drive....gets a ton of looks and the quad exhaust sounds fantastic! (Even though I have not gotten on it yet) Plan on getting the trackey and some other minor upgrades....I'll post pics etc once I take some. But for now I'm really impressed...this car is AWESOME!!
Huge shout out to Matt and Brian for all your help in getting this car from Florida to NJ....and for the fantastic price! If anyone is looking for a great deal on a Mustang, PM me for the dealer and salesman details....

Dadz500

Established Member
UPDATE:
I received the car from the shipping company last night around 11:00pm...was really dirty from the trip up due to rain....but as soon as it came off the truck I gave it a bath and cleaned it back to perfection! The Grabber Blue looks AWESOME on this car with the stripes...
I drove it around last night and today and WOW, I'm really impressed. I don't feel like I gave up a ton of power from my GT500 and it really is more fun to drive....gets a ton of looks and the quad exhaust sounds fantastic! (Even though I have not gotten on it yet) Plan on getting the trackey and some other minor upgrades....I'll post pics etc once I take some. But for now I'm really impressed...this car is AWESOME!!
Huge shout out to Matt and Brian for all your help in getting this car from Florida to NJ....and for the fantastic price! If anyone is looking for a great deal on a Mustang, PM me for the dealer and salesman details....

Bill-

I am glad you got it so fast and even happier you love it. Glad I could get you hooked up with Brian and get you such a great deal on the car. Enjoy it, it will put a smile on your face every time you start it, especially once you get those restrictor plates out/

NJSP117

Established Member
Congrats man. Waiting for pics
Posting pics now...quick cell phone pics, but better than nothing.... :shrug:

urghh I wan't a boss... Congrats man:rockon:
Thanks!! Love this car....the looks are amazing!

Bill-

I am glad you got it so fast and even happier you love it. Glad I could get you hooked up with Brian and get you such a great deal on the car. Enjoy it, it will put a smile on your face every time you start it, especially once you get those restrictor plates out/

Thanks Matt...taking them off later tonight....I can believe they put those plates on there with such a tiny hole in it....but removing them should wake up that sound!
The car is beautiful...I can't stop staring at it...especially the new rear tail lights. Can't wait till I get some time to throw the new rims on there as well...

In the dealership...

Image1.jpg

Image6-1.jpg

Image3.jpg

#1660....not a bad number... :fm:
Image5-1.jpg

Getting loaded for the trip from Florida to NJ.....
Image5.jpg

Image4.jpg

Couple pics before any changes...
Image7.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image8.jpg

NJSP117

Established Member
Beautiful car. I want the Raptor though! Thats my next purchase.

Best truck out there IMO. It's like a go anywhere, plenty powerful, comfortable daily driver...love that truck. The pic is of my new 12. My dealer called me and said he needed a used raptor and had a new one coming in if I was interested. He had given me a crazy price on the 11 when it was new and the trade was only $2000 less than what I paid...was a no brainer...so now this one is 2 months old and my payment is lower than it was before....

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Best truck out there IMO. It's like a go anywhere, plenty powerful, comfortable daily driver...love that truck. The pic is of my new 12. My dealer called me and said he needed a used raptor and had a new one coming in if I was interested. He had given me a crazy price on the 11 when it was new and the trade was only $2000 less than what I paid...was a no brainer...so now this one is 2 months old and my payment is lower than it was before....

Thats awesome. I need to talk to your dealer :beer:

svt1111

Established Member
Beautiful car and congrats! Great story too. Looking forward to seeing how you like it.

I had a 2007 GT500 with a 2.9 Whipple. I honestly find my Boss much more fun to drive, especially with the off road X pipe, Steeda CAI and AED tune.

You don't give up too much with the Boss, power wise...around town. Open highway it would gets it's lunch handed to it by a Shelby, but to prove my point I raced a 4.10, pulley, tune, CAI, drag radial GT500 over the weekend a couple of times at our local track. The Boss would be ahead by the 330' mark, equal in the 1/8 and within a MPH or 2, but across the finish line he had the better trap. Our first runs were 12.70 at 119 for GT500 ( he had traction issues, not me, lol) to my 12.35 at 113. Second run GT500 went 12.20 at 119 to my 12.30 at 115. Through the 1/8 they were about equal and 1,000' mark still about the same.

So this confirmed my theory that the little 302 is damn quick and will hang with almost anything to about 80 MPH, after that the little engine that could is revving to the moon and about out of steam compared to a blower car. It is SO fun revving these cars hard though!

Highly recommend the AED tune. 8300 rpm rev limit and the car will pull clean and shift great even at 8k.

Users who are viewing this thread