My Barn Find

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Nice, looks like you're making quick progress! If you're going to stay 2.3na for a while you can get some good/simple hop-up parts from Esslinger, Race Engineering, Racer Walsh and Bo-port.

Good thinking. I was planning on doing a cheap header, exhaust, 4.10s out back in that little 7.5, and some kind of carb setup. 2.3L parts are sooooo cheap. It's crazy.

Hockeyman48

Established Member
Great project.Its obvious your really into this and enjoying it.Good Luck with the motor decision. P.S. a small 4 wheel cart might help with your tool locations LOL!!

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Bo-port is a really good resource if you want to discuss cams. A good cam can really help wake the motor up and is an easy swap on most cases.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I'll probably just run a Ranger roller for now. It would be funny though to have some ridiculous cam in there while rolling into a local car show.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
I don't think I have ever even heard of one of those, let alone seen one in person. Seems like a pretty cool project though.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll probably just run a Ranger roller for now.

RR is ok, but really mild IMO (makes good torque though). For not much more money there are some better slider and roller options. Not saying it's going to be a race car but you can probably get another 20-30hp out of some of the other cams from what I've seen. Can also usually find used adjustable cam gears cheap and either ditch or remove most of the timing cover. Looks much better IMO and the gear will help, particularly with the RR.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
The burnout is pretty impressive - Great cleanup job looks good :burnout::burnout::burnout:

tony soprano

Established Member
Glidden kicked serious pro-stock ass with his Pinto. My second car was a '72 Pinto with a 289 swapped in, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. I can't remember the last time I saw a Pinto/Bobcat on the road though. Good luck with the new project!

glidden_pinto_detail.jpg

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Glidden kicked serious pro-stock ass with his Pinto.

Love that car! 86 is a good year for the motor. Should have the better harness, bigger injectors, vane meter, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread