My Barn Find

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
Well the 2nd pic explains the transmissions and rearend:rolling::rolling::rolling:

BTW if you ever swap interior for some reason, I need those front seats bad lol

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
that thing is badass! needs a BBF swap - 460 punched out to 532 + some turbo action!

...and a funny car wheelie bar...

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Well the 2nd pic explains the transmissions and rearend:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Exactly. I went through quite a few tires, which was impressive in itself considering it was only one tire at a time......

I haven't seen one of those in years. Pintos, yes. Bobcats, no. And it's in decent shape so you've got something fairly good to start with. It's also good that you're not rushing into a motor decision quickly, but instead want to get the car massaged a bit first. In the meantime you can do some thinking/searching and then when you're ready for the motor you will have hopefully decided exactly what you want. Neat little car.

Exactly. And you really don't see Bobcats anymore. Nobody knows what I'm even talking about when I say I have one.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I haven't seen one of those in years. Pintos, yes. Bobcats, no. And it's in decent shape so you've got something fairly good to start with. It's also good that you're not rushing into a motor decision quickly, but instead want to get the car massaged a bit first. In the meantime you can do some thinking/searching and then when you're ready for the motor you will have hopefully decided exactly what you want. Neat little car.
; only difference between a pinto and a bobcat is the emblem on the fender. there are some minor other differences but looks wise no different

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
; only difference between a pinto and a bobcat is the emblem on the fender. there are some minor other differences but looks wise no different

Actually the Pinto always had a more unattractive front end compared to the Bobcat, in my opinion. Then of course the Bobcat was treated with much more chrome around the body.

1978 Pinto
amped-pinto-470-0909-60341896.jpg

Bobcat
i034720.jpg

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
you going 2.3, why not get a SVO turbo and be done with it. The car looks good. A nice set of wheels, and it will be a hit at the local cruise in. You really don't see those cars at all. I have seen a small handful of Bobcats in the last 20 years.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, looks like you're making quick progress! If you're going to stay 2.3na for a while you can get some good/simple hop-up parts from Esslinger, Race Engineering, Racer Walsh and Bo-port.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread