My 93 cobra light Resto, follow along!!

• Thread starter snakeplisskin93
  • Start date
S

snakeplisskin93

i wouldve been in shock if i saw someone doing that next to my car.

good job so far!

I know, I just shook my head and laughed. He had the bag over the hand he was spraying with, I laughed some more!

Thanks mnew!

WillyB93

Established Member
I would have smacked the dumba$$ in the back of the head and ask him what he was thinking.

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
Just couldn't wait to get home to paint his POS. Yeah, he woulda got more than smacked. I've only been to the local Autozone once with mine. Parked in the handicap spot too. Too many idiots that run around up there, and I would have rather took the ticket than have someone F up my car.

S

snakeplisskin93

Did some more sanding/buffing today. Did the rest of hood and pass fender, not totally finished, just first pass hand buffing. It was warm and breezy today and the compound would dry up even doing it by hand.

The left side seems more white, it's the crappy clear. I did bust thru to the black underneath on the left edge were the inner bodyline is on the hood near the front, Black looks really good, if only the clear wasn't there, lol.

Gave all the parts some more black paint and put it all back on.

Pics coming shortly. Also got my fog light and put that in too.:rockon:

S

snakeplisskin93

Before....

Apr0501.gif

S

snakeplisskin93

After, pics are kinda huge, I tried the highest detail setting on my camera, oh well.

Apr0503.gif

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I bought a factory set of ford headlights in 05 for my coupe. 6 years later and they are already starting to yellow some. I am going to restore them this afternoon. Ford and there headlights.

S

snakeplisskin93

Today was cooler and cloudy, so I busted out the buffer again and it worked well. Still a little buildup, but tolerable. The one main difference is I used a terry cloth bonnet instead of the microfiber. Much better results and less clogging of the pad.

Even the hand polish pads the cheapo terry cloth style work better and here's why. The terry is a rougher surface and bites better than the microfiber. IMO microfiber is fine for towels, but that's about it.

So I did the whole hood and fendertops again and it looks fabulous. Couple more pics of that to post.

The paint from the bodyside mouldings on down is in great shape. I just finished that a bit ago by hand only, just hand buffing and it looks like new! I did from behind each wheel around the nose and back to other side, it looks good. I'll get a couple pics of that late tomorrow.

S

snakeplisskin93

Next will be the front fender sides and then working back. Won't get anything done tomorrow, heading to the Venitian to play a tournament, wish me luck, lol.

I'll take some pics in the parking garage, they have good lighting.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Keep working it man, these old cars wont shine up overnight. Isn't black such a fun color?? lol. You sound like you know what your are doing though with the detailing though. Good luck cleaning her up.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Just a suggestion. Have you tried Black box? I have had excellent results with it.

S

snakeplisskin93

Keep working it man, these old cars wont shine up overnight. Isn't black such a fun color?? lol. You sound like you know what your are doing though with the detailing though. Good luck cleaning her up.

Thanks! Yeah my last 5.0 was also black, lots a fun to keep clean. I'm a mechanic and have all the patience in the world, but usually anything to do with bodywork I have none. It looked like a good challenge and so far it's going well.

Just some trial and error to see what works and what doesn't.

S

snakeplisskin93

Just a suggestion. Have you tried Black box? I have had excellent results with it.

I looked at that in the store, but my paint is beyond that, wetsanding is the only way to go when paint is very faded.

Nice job on the lights. Are the new ones smoked?

Users who are viewing this thread