My 93 cobra light Resto, follow along!!

• Thread starter snakeplisskin93
  • Start date
S

snakeplisskin93

Apr2708.jpg

S

snakeplisskin93

Polished up rear bumper cover saturday and sunday started on sanding off the clear on the roof. Takes some time as you have to be careful not to break thru black. I'm only using 1000 grit right now and doing A- pillars and above windshield.

Also removed and painted windsheild trim, I sprayed them in gloss black for haha's and compared it to the semi gloss of mirrors. I like the gloss better.

My 90 GT cobra clone had all trim sprayed gloss black when it was painted by prior owner, it looked sweet on a black car!

S

snakeplisskin93

Making pretty good progress day by day!!

Yes I am! Not much going on it till weekend, heading to LA for a couple days tomorrow. Drivers side still needs some work, but pass side came out really well. I started the roof, so gonna finish that first and then go over some other parts a bit better.

tliss

Established Member
Looking good! I have yet to go down that path with my recent acquisition. I bought a black one as well that needs some TLC on the exterior as well. I bet the roof of yours is like the roof of mine: faded, oxidized and clear gone. It definitely needs some work. I, for one, appreciate you posting up your trial and error, as I'll be doing what I can soon as well. First step I have is to get some of the hail damage out before I start trying to really detail it.

Keep up the good work!

Tom

2001 Lightning - Black
1993 Cobra - Black

Last edited:
S

snakeplisskin93

Thanks fellas! Worked on the roof the last couple days and it's about 2/3 sanded. Broke thru black in a couple spots, but nothing to big, should come out really good. Will get some pics up in next few days, just want to finish the roof.

WillyB93

Established Member
4vVert do you own a 1993 cobra or are you soon to be on the market for one??

Mach&Roll

Established Member
Oh and great work. Keep up the good work I will look here as a guide of what to do.

S

snakeplisskin93

Been super busy lately but I'm still here! The roof is done and I found a better way to get that white haze off the sides of the car. I think I mentioned it earlier, it's not that the clear is to thin, moreso it's that's the clear is very dry. It took a couple steps to get rid of it.

I'm using a more abrasive 3M rubbing compound to rough up the clear and then using the meguiars fine polish after that. Final step is a foam pad and the 3M swirl remover. I did buy a variable speed polisher and it makes all he diffeerence at a low speed.

I'll put up a pic of the 3 products and part numbers I'm using.

I have pics, i'll get em up.

S

snakeplisskin93

Only the rear bumper cover is done, hatch still has to be done. Going to repaint taillights sunday and clean up under them and behind license plate.

Users who are viewing this thread