My 2014 build

FATHERFORD

Established Member
So I put this power down...
20151207_122238_2.jpg

Then put this on...
20151230_112748.jpg

Now about to install this, getting ready for Precision's new turbine housings releasing in June.
20151231_121948.jpg

FATHERFORD

Established Member
Precision is coming out with a 1.05 turbine vband housing. I'm not sure if the officially announced it yet, but we have them on order. They claimed we should see another 150-200hp out of the turbo.

Last edited:

FATHERFORD

Established Member
Can't read the graph Justin. What's it say?

Flatlines the dyno at 1200hp(and was still climbing hard). 1130tq.

The factory intake was killing it in the upper RPMS. So we added the boss intake. Made a few tuning changes but never put it back on the dyno.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Precision is coming out with a 1.05 turbine vband housing. I'm not sure if the officially announced it yet, but we have them on order. They claimed we should see another 150-200hp out of the turbo.

Excellent! That's great news! Still using the vband t3?

FATHERFORD

Established Member
Excellent! That's great news! Still using the vband t3?

Yep, I was going to swap t4, but then precision told us about this. Apparently a lot of people have been begging for a bigger housing with the t3 vband.

Whatever it makes, it what it makes. If it does 1300-1400rwhp with a lot less back pressure that is where I'll leave it. I'm going to build a big tire car for some real power.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Yep, I was going to swap t4, but then precision told us about this. Apparently a lot of people have been begging for a bigger housing with the t3 vband.

Whatever it makes, it what it makes. If it does 1300-1400rwhp with a lot less back pressure that is where I'll leave it. I'm going to build a big tire car for some real power.

That's great news. I made 1200+ with my 64s on 22psi and stopped there as it was my first dyno session and I didn't want to push it too hard. I'll have to grab a pair of those myself. Thanks for the info!

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
so its safe to say you'll be representing for the mustang guys at TI this coming spring? you've got 175 class written all over.

and possibly hurt some feelings in the RWD class if you can make 1500 and go A to B faster than some cars.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
That's great news. I made 1200+ with my 64s on 22psi and stopped there as it was my first dyno session and I didn't want to push it too hard. I'll have to grab a pair of those myself. Thanks for the info!

Damn those 64's must be at a sweet spot! My 67's at 24psi is at 1180 with e-85.... Granted Manny seems to not want to push cars to the edge. I really would like to dyno it with the boss intake to see the difference, but it's kinda a waste of time IMO until I upgrade the housings.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
so its safe to say you'll be representing for the mustang guys at TI this coming spring? you've got 175 class written all over.

and possibly hurt some feelings in the RWD class if you can make 1500 and go A to B faster than some cars.

I'm thinking about it. Derin(red gt500) is planning on going, he took off his 4.7kb and is going twins. Should be making similar power also. Not sure his brothers Camaro(drives the orange Mclarren) will be done.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Damn those 64's must be at a sweet spot! My 67's at 24psi is at 1180 with e-85.... Granted Manny seems to not want to push cars to the edge. I really would like to dyno it with the boss intake to see the difference, but it's kinda a waste of time IMO until I upgrade the housings.

Ya I'm really liking the turbos. I did back to back boss vs stock intake testing and the minimal gain up top wasn't enough to warrant keeping the boss. Now that I'm going powerglide, I can run the boss strategy which will give another 500rpm range where I think the boss intake will shine.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
Our plan is to rev it out as far as it will let us. On the lower power levels, you can see where the manifold was nosing over around 6800-7000. Hoping it picks up around 6k and goes to 7500+

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Our plan is to rev it out as far as it will let us. On the lower power levels, you can see where the manifold was nosing over around 6800-7000. Hoping it picks up around 6k and goes to 7500+

Stock or boss was nosing over? My testing showed the boss pulling all the way to 7500 vs the stock nosing over around 68-7 but the gain from 7-75 wasn't worth the loss under the curve so I kept the stocker in place. Now that I'll have an extra 700rpm, I believe the boss will shine and show its dominance for the application. I'll test both again just to be sure though.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
The stock was nosing over at 6700-6800.

Seems like the boss is all over. Manny at HPP says he normally starts seeing gains from 5500 to 7500+.. Said some cars just react a little different.

I'm not worried about the loss down low. The plan is to only spray the nitrous until a certain boost level. With the two step and transbrake I'm not sure if I'll need it out of the hole anyway.

I have BMR drag springs, qa1 adjustable coilovers for the front, and some viking shocks for the rear I need to put on also. I really want to get this car to hook good on the MT Pros. I still haven't made a good solid pass at the track, I just mainly screw around on the street.

Doug1227

Established Member
What do you guys think or know the 62/66's are good for at full tilt boogy? I'm making 960/850 at 15.5psi now through the 6R80 and E85. Once I get my sleeved setup back and tranny upgraded, I'll be winding her up for all they're worth.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
What do you guys think or know the 62/66's are good for at full tilt boogy? I'm making 960/850 at 15.5psi now through the 6R80 and E85. Once I get my sleeved setup back and tranny upgraded, I'll be winding her up for all they're worth.

still stock block, no supports for the time being?

Doug1227

Established Member
I'm currently running an 11:1 Aluminator and am standing pat at my power level until I make some upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread