My 2011 gt500 has been produced!

03reptile

Established Member
Dealer just advised that my car has been produced and was sent to the body shop for striping on 04/14/2010. ETA to the dealer is 04/24/2010. This is very stressful for an old guy!! I am hoping for a late April delivery. Now have to get busy to get my mind off this car!

CGoeschel

Established Member
Congrats! I also ordered the Black with Red SVT pkg (built already) and a Race Red with White stripe SVT pkg (being built 4/26)....ill pick between the two when they get here....cant wait!!

03reptile

Established Member
Nice! What color/options you get?

I ordered Performance white with grabber blue stripes. No SVT package or electronic package. Am old school and prefer the basics in my performance cars. Was leary of the SVT PP due to the stiffer ride and I much prefer the stock wheels to the new SVT wheel. Should be a nice ride.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Congrats on the new ride!

I don't know if it's required in your state, but I would tell the dealer to NOT install the front license plate bracket and NOT put their damned stickers on it either. If you need the front plate you can get a no-drill bracket set-up.

G/L!

03reptile

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride!

I don't know if it's required in your state, but I would tell the dealer to NOT install the front license plate bracket and NOT put their damned stickers on it either. If you need the front plate you can get a no-drill bracket set-up.

G/L!

They do require a front plate in Md. You should understand I have a unique situation. The owner of the dealership is a friend of 30 plus years. He is well aware of my fanatiscisms about my cars. He personally instructs the staff to not touch the car until I arrive. Most of them aready know me and comply without question. Its a small, friendly, dealership and I really love the whole company. They treat their customers well and I've bought many cars from them over the years. Great feeling of security and trust. So thanks for your kind advise. I've got it covered!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
They do require a front plate in Md. You should understand I have a unique situation. The owner of the dealership is a friend of 30 plus years. He is well aware of my fanatiscisms about my cars. He personally instructs the staff to not touch the car until I arrive. Most of them aready know me and comply without question. Its a small, friendly, dealership and I really love the whole company. They treat their customers well and I've bought many cars from them over the years. Great feeling of security and trust. So thanks for your kind advise. I've got it covered!

What dealership? I am in Germantown...and you should hook with the MACA crowd. Bunch of us with Cobra's...do alot of stuff. Cruises, dyno days, etc.

Congrats....nice color combo..and I agree on the performance package..wheels are so so but, I hate the small stripes

03reptile

Established Member
What dealership? I am in Germantown...and you should hook with the MACA crowd. Bunch of us with Cobra's...do alot of stuff. Cruises, dyno days, etc.

Congrats....nice color combo..and I agree on the performance package..wheels are so so but, I hate the small stripes

Thanks for the invitation! The dealership is Century Ford of Mt. Airy. May take you up on it!

mrose75

Established Member
I can't tell you how jealous I am!! Congrats!!!

Congrats! I also ordered the Black with Red SVT pkg (built already) and a Race Red with White stripe SVT pkg (being built 4/26)....ill pick between the two when they get here....cant wait!!

And to you, I am doubly jealous!! Must be nice to be able to pick up two of these at once. Paint me green with envy!!

bpmurr

Established Member
I ordered Performance white with grabber blue stripes. No SVT package or electronic package. Am old school and prefer the basics in my performance cars. Was leary of the SVT PP due to the stiffer ride and I much prefer the stock wheels to the new SVT wheel. Should be a nice ride.

If you get it in time bring it up to the SAAC show at Crouse Ford in Taneytown on May 2nd.

http://www.saacgroupmd.com/flyers/CrouseFord050210flyer.pdf

There should be a lot of Shelbys and other Mustangs. They use to hold this at Gene Latta in Hanover, PA.

03reptile

Established Member
If you get it in time bring it up to the SAAC show at Crouse Ford in Taneytown on May 2nd.

http://www.saacgroupmd.com/flyers/CrouseFord050210flyer.pdf

There should be a lot of Shelbys and other Mustangs. They use to hold this at Gene Latta in Hanover, PA.

Thats sounds like a good idea. Getting the 2011 by that time may be very optimistic, but who knows? Dealer ETA says 04/24/2010, but I'll really be surprised it it shows that week. I know its been built and went to the stripe shop last Wednesday, so thats probably been completed, as well. Now the wait to get it on a rail car and to Jessup for truck pick-up. The waiting is not FUN!!

Users who are viewing this thread