My 2011 build.

BAD GT

Established Member
Yep, my bad, misspoke (mistyped?). A bigger throttle will increase boost, because the blower is not having to use energy to "suck" past the throttle. While opening the intake path post-blower will lower psi because there is less restriction.

You have a good combo for sure. Some tuners dont like the big mono-blade throttles cause they can be a pain to get the street driveability dialed in on. Still havent bought mine yet, but leaning towards the Whipple twin 75mm.

Your numbers are spot on what I am expecting to see as well, for same basic set-up. 650-700rwhp on a rock solid worry free platform and pump gas.

We have 109 in my car now, we think the 15 psi is pushing it a little bit even with the 10.1 compression, I think im going to put a meth kit on to be safe.

Any Idea who makes a good meth kit? I did a search on here but dident see anything.

I know the tuners dont like the mono blade, they also dont like the 80# injectors I have, lol

BAD GT

Established Member
I'm in livonia.

Are you going to go to that Ford show on august 12th? at the ford headquarters in dearborn

My car will be in the Livernois booth if you go, I can not make it ive been extended in Malaysia for another week.

r.barn

Established Member
We have 109 in my car now, we think the 15 psi is pushing it a little bit even with the 10.1 compression, I think im going to put a meth kit on to be safe.

Any Idea who makes a good meth kit? I did a search on here but dident see anything.

I know the tuners dont like the mono blade, they also dont like the 80# injectors I have, lol

Yep, I am going be running a killer chiller and water injection to keep intake temps ultra low too. Only 9.5cr on an aluminator here though, but plan on more like 18psi.

I have looked at SnowPerformance, AlcoholInjectionSystems and RSR Racing. They all seem to be about the same with one having this feature or that feature that the others dont. RSR seems to put the most thought and research into their system, but they are expensive and somewhat experimental.

I would get whatever system the turner has had experience with and just make sure to get all the safety gizmo options.

I'm going with ID1000 injectors (95lbs/hr). Again expensive, but every tuner swears by them.

Last edited:

BAD GT

Established Member
Update, made it to the track but the prep was bad it was very cold and slippery, I think the car will go 9's on a good day, to be sure we will be adding a couple pounds of boost and meth injection, and some front runners.

mustangtime.gif

5.0GT

Established Member
great run.
Did you do any cooling upgrades? I really want to see someone try out the MMR oil cooler XD

BAD GT

Established Member
I did not change anything from what ford supplied with the kit.

We did end up running a 4.675 pully,that mad 15psi of boost.

QUOTE=5.0GT;12369292]great run.
Did you do any cooling upgrades? I really want to see someone try out the MMR oil cooler XD[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread