My 2011 build.

BAD GT

Established Member
I'm in livonia.

Are you going to go to that Ford show on august 12th? at the ford headquarters in dearborn

If I can make it back in time, I might be on a flight back from Malaysia on that day, but if im there and my car is ready I will come out.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
If I can make it back in time, I might be on a flight back from Malaysia on that day, but if im there and my car is ready I will come out.

I'll be there with the CDC crew, so that is why i asked. I'll most likely see your car down at woodward though!

BAD GT

Established Member
You should be able to easily meet your goals with your setup. On a stock motor 2.9'd with only an offroad X and e85 I was running consistent 10.40's in 9000+ DA's in 100 degree heat then driving the car home after running. I did have my car down to 3720 with me in it though.

With the built longblock, head/cam work, headers, etc your car should fly!

What kind of power you making running them times?

Bud

Established Member
What kind of power you making running them times?

It is hard to say because we get huge correction factors on our numbers here due to elevation. I was at 670hp with a 1.25 correction factor, so 536 actual and ran a 10.99, this was on the 3.25" pulley.

I then put in a 3200/3400 stall converter and dropped .25" in pulley and that got me the 10.40's. I never dyno'd it in that config. At lower elevation the converter doesn't seem to be needed but I had to have it up here to get decent 60's.

It will be interesting to see what your car does with the stock converter.

BAD GT

Established Member
It is hard to say because we get huge correction factors on our numbers here due to elevation. I was at 670hp with a 1.25 correction factor, so 536 actual and ran a 10.99, this was on the 3.25" pulley.

I then put in a 3200/3400 stall converter and dropped .25" in pulley and that got me the 10.40's. I never dyno'd it in that config. At lower elevation the converter doesn't seem to be needed but I had to have it up here to get decent 60's.

It will be interesting to see what your car does with the stock converter.

I had the stock converter loosened up about 300rpm.

I think I'm at about 680hp but that's at 15psi on race fuel, we wanted to put race fuel for the initial run because we did not know how much boost it was going to make. I know every dyno is different and numbers don't mean much so we will see what it runs at the track.

If it dosent run the times it will get more boost!

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
I'm thinking if the converter is in the sweet spot, those numbers are actual, and you have sticky tires and dead hook you should be able to whoop my times all over the place. That is a lot more power than I had (if you can trust a dyno or care to try comparing them)

One last piece of the puzzle is good trans tuning as well, seems there is a lot to be had or lost there depending on the tune/shifting/lockup config.

Last edited:

BAD GT

Established Member
I'm thinking if the converter is in the sweet spot, those numbers are actual, and you have sticky tires and dead hook you should be able to whoop my times all over the place. That is a lot more power than I had (if you can trust a dyno or care to try comparing them)

One last piece of the puzzle is good trans tuning as well, seems there is a lot to be had or lost there depending on the tune/shifting/lockup config.

I was told the shift points are user adjustable now, that will be useful!

I should have a dyno sheet to post tomorrow.

BAD GT

Established Member
dyno.gif

r.barn

Established Member
Any idea how much psi it was reading at those dyno numbers ? or better yet, what pulley size on the blower ?

BAD GT

Established Member
Any idea how much psi it was reading at those dyno numbers ? or better yet, what pulley size on the blower ?

I have the ford racing 10 rib kit so it has a ATI overdrive balancer, I will find out what size the dirve pulley is, I wil have to ask.

I was told it made 15psi.

r.barn

Established Member
Nice a 3.325 pulley and 7.88 overdrive (which the ATI is) would normally make 18+ psi. Shows your engine is flowing really good to read a much lower psi. I bet you would pick up quite a few ponies and drop another 1-2psi with a big-ass mono-blade throttle body.

BAD GT

Established Member
Nice a 3.325 pulley and 7.88 overdrive (which the ATI is) would normally make 18+ psi. Shows your engine is flowing really good to read a much lower psi. I bet you would pick up quite a few ponies and drop another 1-2psi with a big-ass mono-blade throttle body.

My tuner wants me to try it the way it is, we think it will run pretty good and like you say more boost and other things means lots of room for improvment!

The boost lowers with more air flow before the blower? I though it increased?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Boost is a measure of backpressure. Say you're making 10 psi, do ported heads and cams, you'll make more power but the gauge might show only 8 psi now due to the increased airflow.

BAD GT

Established Member
Boost is a measure of backpressure. Say you're making 10 psi, do ported heads and cams, you'll make more power but the gauge might show only 8 psi now due to the increased airflow.

So going to a better flowing throttle body will lower boost?
(back pressure)

I thought I read that somewhere about installing a bigger intake (more free flowing) caused the boost to increase because you are feeding the motor more air creating more back pressure; not getting it out of the motor faster?

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
No, a larger throttle body will increase boost as there's more air available to the blower. The engine itself is the restriction..

r.barn

Established Member
So going to a better flowing throttle body will lower boost?
(back pressure)

Yep, my bad, misspoke (mistyped?). A bigger throttle will increase boost, because the blower is not having to use energy to "suck" past the throttle. While opening the intake path post-blower will lower psi because there is less restriction.

You have a good combo for sure. Some tuners dont like the big mono-blade throttles cause they can be a pain to get the street driveability dialed in on. Still havent bought mine yet, but leaning towards the Whipple twin 75mm.

Your numbers are spot on what I am expecting to see as well, for same basic set-up. 650-700rwhp on a rock solid worry free platform and pump gas.

Users who are viewing this thread