My 2.9L Whipple Cobra is alive, sort of. Pics/Vid

gawnin60

Established Member
Matt...gas mileage ??

Matt if you get a chance and you are thinking about it can you give me an idea of what kind of gas mileage you get outta this setup ? I am trying to get an idea of how much ill be able to drive my 67 with your setup in it !!!

Joe

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Ya it's kinda hard to say if they are or not, but I'd like to think they are contributing some, because they weren't cheap haha! Those are great numbers for your car as well, even without cams!

2.9 Whipples are certainly proving themselves, I think everybody at the shop was a little surprised at how much power it put down with 18 psi and pump gas. I'm starting to think meth injection would be good for the summer heat around here....

Thanks man....My shop was suprised too...they were saying @ 680 it would run out of steam....boy was my tuner shocked with the 2.8" pulley power numbers...easily went over 700hp even with spark blowout issues at 5700rpms...im boosting it for 23psi (3.0") and calling it a day on the stock motor. im building a BOSS 5.0 this winter with ported heads/cams etc...going to hit it with 25psi + 100 shot next year.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Nice set up man. Fastlane is tuning my 2.9 the last friday in july on 104 unleaded with a 3.25 upper so I am stoked to see what they can do on that with the extra octane.

Users who are viewing this thread