My 03 blew up... setting back to stock, think dealer will take care of it?

02YZ125

So sticky
Established Member
Ok, I have an 03 cobra that is under warentee until 1/07... It blew up during a high speed run about 6 months ago and I just got it out of storage... I am now putting it back to stock except for a p-fab tank and a gord HE. It will start up and drive to the dealership, but obviously not very well (smoking like a MF).... DO you guys think they will take care of it under warrentee?? What more can I do to assure that they do?

thanks

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
lol man, i'd love to wish you luck but they will be able to tell. Exp. if you have had a tune. But then again sh*t happens so if you are a nice guy and hit on the owners daughter you might be in good shape!

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
First of all don't post that kind of information here. Especially where you live, model year and your build number! Ford does monitor these sites for cases like these.

Your best shot is to delete this post. Put EVERYTHING back to stock and keep your fingers crossed.....

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
SaleenCobra said:
First of all don't post that kind of information here. Especially where you live, model year and your build number! Ford does monitor these sites for cases like these.

Your best shot is to delete this post. Put EVERYTHING back to stock and keep your fingers crossed.....
no kidding!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wish you luck. It isn't going to be easy, unless Ford has softened recently.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
you should pay for what you did to the car. Why should ford fork over the bill? It's people like you why ford made the Shelby more difficult to mod.

Orange Poison

Established Member
If you're leaving those two mods on the car like you say you are.....I think once they see those it's gonna make them look a little closer. Especially if a new engine is in question. Good Luck

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
i say put every little thing back to stock even paper air filter they will find any little thing not to warr. GL let me know how it goes! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Blue Poison said:
If you're leaving those two mods on the car like you say you are.....I think once they see those it's gonna make they look a little closer. Especially if a new engine is in question. Good Luck
You got that right. If you're going to put it back to stock you should put it back to stock.

redfiredroptop

Now with more GT500!
Established Member
02YZ125 said:
DO you guys think they will take care of it under warrentee?? What more can I do to assure that they do?

When you modded the car, you assumed the risk of damaging the engine. Be a man and own up to it. Taking it back and pretending you didn't mod the car is the equivalent of stealing an engine from Ford.

Now is your oppportunity to find a good engine builder and build it up how you want it!

TRBO VNM

dgussin1 said:
you should pay for what you did to the car. Why should ford fork over the bill? It's people like you why ford made the Shelby more difficult to mod.

+1. :nono:

although if you bring the chick in your avatar to the dealer with you dressed like she is, you might have better luck. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Find a "mod friendly" dealership. Don't take the risk of dropping it off at any random Ford service center. If you were local I'd be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck bro,

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
You modded it, you pay the money to fix it.

Ford is already having a hard enough time.

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
redfiredroptop said:
When you modded the car, you assumed the risk of damaging the engine. Be a man and own up to it. Taking it back and pretending you didn't mod the car is the equivalent of stealing an engine from Ford.
Now is your opportunity to find a good engine builder and build it up how you want it!

+1

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
My friend blew his 00 gt with a centri blower, he put everything back to stock and the rebuilt the motor for him, the second time he blew it the just said "there's no way a motor can blow twice in 3 years"

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
DRK281 said:
My friend blew his 00 gt with a centri blower, he put everything back to stock and the rebuilt the motor for him, the second time he blew it the just said "there's no way a motor can blow twice in 3 years"
my bro blew up his 01 cobra's motor twice and the tranny once in 15K miles...he didn't even have a cai or catback. It was 100% stock the whole time. Ford ended up buying the car back

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
pay to play......

it sucks, but we all assume these risks when me mod a car like ours

Users who are viewing this thread