My 03 blew up... setting back to stock, think dealer will take care of it?

sckcobra

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
you should pay for what you did to the car. Why should ford fork over the bill? It's people like you why ford made the Shelby more difficult to mod.
thats a pretty hypocritical statement for obvious reasons.... :nonono:

Thrust

Established Member
I think that it is time for you to "Man Up" and take responsibility for your actions. (Get a built 5.0 stroker)

02YZ125

So sticky
Established Member
Well see what happens.... Obviously building a sick shortblock for it would be my first choice but I could never come up with that kinda cash. I bought the car with 5k down and am still making payments on it, which is alot for a car I havent even driven in six months anyway. Its easy to tell me to man up and buy a new engine but if you were in my position you would probably do the same thing.

VinSVT

Established Member
02YZ125 said:
Its easy to tell me to man up and buy a new engine but if you were in my position you would probably do the same thing.

I feel ya... my motor went pop. Ford gave me brand new heads, told me my motor was toast and wished me the best of luck.

Since then I bit the bullet, went to HPP... got a stroker and haven't looked back.

Good luck to ya!

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
02YZ125 said:
Well see what happens.... Obviously building a sick shortblock for it would be my first choice but I could never come up with that kinda cash. I bought the car with 5k down and am still making payments on it, which is alot for a car I havent even driven in six months anyway. Its easy to tell me to man up and buy a new engine but if you were in my position you would probably do the same thing.

Sorry dude, but high performance + mods + plus racing and/or high speed runs = breakage eventually!! In this arena, if you can't afford to pay, don't play. Case closed. :nono:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
02YZ125 said:
I have an 03 cobra...It blew up during a high speed run
What do you mean? Were you doing an extended top-end blast or something? What exactly happened? Is the motor knocking? Have you done a compression check or any other diagnostics yet? What are your current mods?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
You guys know my feelings on this. I just don't think it's right to ask Ford to pay for something they didn't build. It's all probably moot anyway. If you pullied and tuned the car, they will discover it.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
sell the car immediately. you let it degrade for six months while you did nothing, you still cant afford to fix it, and now its time to cut your losses and get out from under it.

you bought a car you couldnt afford to own. get out from under it and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

repeat after me:
all high-performance is an exercise in break-and-replace.

your credit rating means more than a dead car in the garage. cut your losses. start placing the ads today.

TEABG

Banned
Get the vehicle back to stock and roll the dice. Odds are in your favor! Tell the dealer you girlfriend and wife are thinking about purchasing a new car there. Smooth/BS. them over, make it look good. Throw on the tie!! You probably will receive a re-manufactured engine. Just as good as new in my book! Do it for all the other SVT owners that have has ligament service claims that were ignored by FORD.

sprx19

Established Member
The world is being ruined by dipshits who screw things up for everyone else. Everyone knows that what breaks these motors is high speed runs where they get real hot. Why would you even do it? Everything good gets ruined be the idiots who flock to it and then abuse it.

sckcobra

Established Member
yeah gee why would anyone get in a 500 plus horsepower mustang and want to push it to the limits? strange indeed.............................

02YZ125

So sticky
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
sell the car immediately. you let it degrade for six months while you did nothing, you still cant afford to fix it, and now its time to cut your losses and get out from under it.

you bought a car you couldnt afford to own. get out from under it and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

repeat after me:
all high-performance is an exercise in break-and-replace.

your credit rating means more than a dead car in the garage. cut your losses. start placing the ads today.

Who are you, my ****in mom? Over my dead body, the car is my pride enjoy - carcass or not. :burn:

sckcobra

Established Member
02yz125, dont worry about it im sure alot of people bashing you on this post would be trying to find everyway to get ford to replace the engine and not have to fit the bill. of course its easy for them to say if it hasnt happened and in my opinion if one would not except a replacement by ford becaue they felt is was "dishonest" then they are indeed asswipes.

Cold Brew

Established Member
How long did you go on a top speed run for that made this happen? Every once in a while I'll blast up to like 150 but I get nervous that the shit is going to blow up

Users who are viewing this thread