Mustang Mach-E is the 3rd best selling EV in the US

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Ford Mustang Mach-E sales in the U.S. take off. In February, the company sold 3,739 units, which is the first significant number after 238 in January and a symbolic 3 in December.

Ford brand overall sales stand at 155,856 (down 13.6% year-over-year), which means that the all-electric cars are responsible for less than 2.4% right now.

The good news is that Ford reports record "electrified" vehicle sales of 9,267 (up 56.1% year-over-year). This category includes hybrids, like the hot F-150 PowerBoost Hybrid, as well as Escape and Explorer hybrids.

Ford said also that nearly 70% of the Mach-E orders are from "competitive brands." Over one-fifth were sold in California.

Ford Mustang Mach-E U.S. Sales Exceed 3,700 In February

Recon

Established Member
giphy.gif

Pick your poison.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The Teslaites are shocked that people want to buy an EV from a real dealership.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
They casually left out total Ford sales of non "electrified" vehicles for each month.

Its going to be a segment that grows no doubt, but the real number will be how many people that were looking at ICE vehicles ended up buying electric only. People predisposed to want electric cars will be the first to order and buy them.

Additionally, it will be interesting to watch how sales end up vs target production. Will target production be continually be revised if sales fall off after initial preorders are fulfilled?

Hybrids should be considered ICE sales...because the still rely on the gas engine for main propulsion. EV only sales should be the real number evaluated if they are trying to give a factually correct presser.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Teslaites are shocked that people want to buy an EV from a real dealership.
Not really. Where are you hearing that?

Regarding the scarcity of them sold, we'll start to see more as mild weather approaches and sales increase, but I've yet to see one on the street. I'm looking forward to seeing one in at my local Ford dealer to get a personal impression of it up close.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really like them. I can't wait to get my hands a on GT variation.
That's what I'm hoping to see eventually at my local dealer, or the bigger one that I used back in 2016. It would be interesting to actually test drive a GT. I'm not counting on it, though.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Thats good news for ford. I heard there currently is a hold on a bunch of Mach Es. Not sure why.

Still think its hideous. But i not the buyer of one.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
It fits perfectly into the identity description kaos roll out. It's a boy, no it's a girl, no gender neutral it's not a potato it's a LGBTQ spud not AD/BC but BCE/CE. It's a Mach or a Mustang, Bronco sport vs Bronco it's a mess. Glad Fords lines are rolling though.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Not really. Where are you hearing that?

Bob, the true believers are out there and on the financial sites, and they can't believe people want to haggle over the price instead of paying whatever Tesla says the price should be.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
It offers something outside of a Model X that's not extremely expensive. The Mach E looks cool. I just don't consider it a Mustang

But i'm glad the EV market is diversifying finally.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Someone at my work showed up with a new one this week. Still ugly IMO. Heard a couple guys talking about it on one of my breaks and it took them 5 minutes to figure out it was a Ford.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob, the true believers are out there and on the financial sites, and they can't believe people want to haggle over the price instead of paying whatever Tesla says the price should be.
Got a link? I'd love to browse one of those threads. I'd like to read more about why they prefer a fixed price with no haggling. Must be an interesting topic, on both sides.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Got a link? I'd love to browse one of those threads. I'd like to read more about why they prefer a fixed price with no haggling. Must be an interesting topic, on both sides.

Youtube has countless vids from the Hejus true believers to the Tesla haters. Every article on seeking alpha blows up from both sides.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I have yet to see one in person which is surprising as some cities near my work have those folks that love to show how green they are with the latest EVs and corny bumper stickers/tags

Users who are viewing this thread