Mustang Dark Horse R Debut | Up Close in Charlotte, NC

ajaf1656

Established Member
I daydream about buying a car like this and sneaking it past the state inspectors claiming it's a kit car. I wonder how hard it would actually be. lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I daydream about buying a car like this and sneaking it past the state inspectors claiming it's a kit car. I wonder how hard it would actually be. lol

Cool, yes because racecar... but it would literally beat you to death on the street.

A lot of people don't understand just how much different a true racecar is from a street car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A Model T has better ride quality.

Absolutely does.

I remember last year when I was bedding in my new brakes on my car, I just ran it down the road real quick....drove over a bridge transition and my head hit the ceiling so hard my neck was messed up for a week.

q6543

Established Member
Just watched a few dark horse media reviews and it seemed they couldn’t get past how heavy the car is a 3900 plus lbs…

I wonder totally gutted what these Rs weigh in at?
Sub 3500 would probably make a significant difference.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just watched a few dark horse media reviews and it seemed they couldn’t get past how heavy the car is a 3900 plus lbs…

I wonder totally gutted what these Rs weigh in at?
Sub 3500 would probably make a significant difference.

I'd guess 3500... can't go much lighter and be caged.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
500HP is actually a shit load of power for its intended purpose. The Boss 302 Rs in World Challenge had to run restrictors in a fair stock Road Runner engine. If IMSA let's these run uncorked we should see some good racing action.

No.
True, but what I meant was the description is vague. If I'm buying a family sedan for $35k I want to know everything about it. For $145K I definitely want to know the specifics!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
True, but what I meant was the description is vague. If I'm buying a family sedan for $35k I want to know everything about it. For $145K I definitely want to know the specifics!

I don't think they have full certifications for the numbers yet. There's already a substantial order list for this car.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Cool, yes because racecar... but it would literally beat you to death on the street.

A lot of people don't understand just how much different a true racecar is from a street car.
I promise you that it would not literally beat me to death on the street.

A lot of people don’t understand just how to use words like “literally”.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I promise you that it would not literally beat me to death on the street.

A lot of people don’t understand just how to use words like “literally”.

Actually, I have a full understanding of the word literal and all of it's forms. Have you driven a racecar on the street before? Perhaps with my firsthand knowledge on the subject, and my aforementioned description, you can see that it wasn't an exaggeration.

Nice try though.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Actually, I have a full understanding of the word literal and all of it's forms. Have you driven a racecar on the street before? Perhaps with my firsthand knowledge on the subject, and my aforementioned description, you can see that it wasn't an exaggeration.

Nice try though.
1690982679270.gif

ajaf1656

Established Member

Nice try though.

That makes the claim even more retarded.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Eye roll.
You doubled down on your claim that it would literally kill me. What's the eye roll for?
Maybe once we sort out how I'm supposed to die from driving the car, we can address the fact that I said it's something I daydream about. It's not anything I said I thought was a good idea. I also daydream about doing wheelies on a hillclimbing motorcycle. It would be funny to pass cars 20' in the air on a huge swing-arm. Any advice on that? I want to drive a top fuel dragster to the airport pickup and drop off area and pop the parachute because it's be funny. Will it work?
Maybe you're just fragile and you would actually die if you drove a race car on the street. I know you haven't because you believe it would kill the driver and you're not dead. How do you suppose it would kill a healthy person?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You doubled down on your claim that it would literally kill me. What's the eye roll for?
Maybe once we sort out how I'm supposed to die from driving the car, we can address the fact that I said it's something I daydream about. It's not anything I said I thought was a good idea. I also daydream about doing wheelies on a hillclimbing motorcycle. It would be funny to pass cars 20' in the air on a huge swing-arm. Any advice on that? I want to drive a top fuel dragster to the airport pickup and drop off area and pop the parachute because it's be funny. Will it work?
Maybe you're just fragile and you would actually die if you drove a race car on the street. I know you haven't because you believe it would kill the driver and you're not dead. How do you suppose it would kill a healthy person?

So... I mean, I was probably an inch or less away from having severe neck injuries...but hey, I don't know what I'm talking about.

This is perhaps the silliest conversation I've had on this site since svtshadow was banned.

Users who are viewing this thread