Mustang 60th Anniversary

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It might be a while. At the Shelby American banquet last Friday, Matt Simpson told us there are no plans to stop making V8 powered, stick shifted Mustangs.

I hope your right but fear you're wrong. The worst part is that I think Ford will do a horrible job letting consumers know. Should know in 2 or 3 years. Elections matter also, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Fat Boss

Established Member
I hope your right, but fear your wrong. The worst part is that I think Ford will do a horrible job letting consumers know. Should know in 2 or 3 years. Elections matter also, so we'll see.

I'd never seen or heard of him before, but he holds the title of General Manager - Ford Enthusiast Vehicles.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
IMG_5915.jpeg

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I agree. That S650 looks weird in pictures and even weirder in person.

I like those wheels, looking a little like 991 Sport Classic Porsche wheels.

This is the worst looking S550. Best, by far, was the GT350 and the first S550 iteration.

EVs are for people that prefer flesh lights over vagene.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Same. I'm completely okay with hybrids so long as the engine is the primary source of power. I think the automotive industry would have a better outlook if they had adopted hybrids en mass rather than EVs.
I agree 100%. I just had a discussion about EVs last night and I made that exact point. It also would have certainly helped auto sales. A lot of folks that I know are pro-ICE vehicles/hybrids, but are anti-EV. The green pushers and auto manufacturers tried to push EVs on us. Too much, too soon. So yeah, I believe hybrids would have been a better choice right now.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree 100%. I just had a discussion about EVs last night and I made that exact point. It also would have certainly helped auto sales. A lot of folks that I know are pro-ICE vehicles/hybrids, but are anti-EV. The green pushers and auto manufacturers tried to push EVs on us. Too much, too soon. So yeah, I believe hybrids would have been a better choice right now.

Agree here, too. A hybrid is a better option if mpg's is a requirement. Instead of BEV 300 miles of range with a big battery, use a battery 10% the size, get 30 miles of EV commuter range and a ICE engine for power and extended range. It's a more complex system but solves many short comings of BEV.

For me, I'll stick with high density liquid fuels in ICE vehicles for the foreseeable future. Synth gas should be the future.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I thought I remember a thread when the 2015 GT350 came out that the hubs were splined as if AWD was in the future. Anyone with a late model GT350 see this?
As per the engineer I spoke with regarding GT350/GT500 brake systems, the splines were just a leftover from a portion of the hub used elsewhere, a special service Explorer. Nothing to do with any intention regarding AWD, etc.

Larry Chen did a great video on the upcoming Super Snake. Gotta love Vince's enthusiasm...

railroad

Established Member
They had an anniversary event at Barber Motorsports.
I got an invite to bring some cars, but could not fit, getting them ready and showing up, in the schedule.
I was hoping some pics would show up, but so far, 0.
I feel sure, Ford had some reps there, and able to answer some questions.
Now I am regretting not just spectating.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
As per the engineer I spoke with regarding GT350/GT500 brake systems, the splines were just a leftover from a portion of the hub used elsewhere, a special service Explorer. Nothing to do with any intention regarding AWD, etc.

Larry Chen did a great video on the upcoming Super Snake. Gotta love Vince's enthusiasm...

For some reason these have always caught my attention. Part of it is the wheels, but the car just looks great. This one seems really functional too. I'm almost afraid to know the price on that thing.

Did anyone catch what manual tranny they use? I watched it but they just mentioned you could pick, i heard no specifics though

Fat Boss

Established Member

Vince is great. I had lunch with him a couple years ago in Big Sur and got to pick his brain on my widebody setup. I've also been on half a dozen ride-along's with him on track at Spring Mountain and Sears Pt. He's a helluva driver.

Users who are viewing this thread