MTBSully's 04 TR Cobra On3 FF Turbo Build

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Yup.

Ended up swapping the comp turbo for a turbonetics 7575 billet wheel ball bearing. The comp turbo made less than the old turbonetics I had on there and took till 6000 rpm to make 20lbs of boost:rollseyes

The new turbonetics is great, and shipped to my door in 4 days. Made 805rwhp at 21lbs of boost on e85. Car is a monster! Could have made more but my spark was blowing out (need to adjust the gap) and 805 is enough for me on stock motor haha. Will write up a longer update later. Getting the car ready for mustang week!

IMG_20150613_110446_zpstpa1edow.jpg
I tried to tell you about the comps. They sound great on paper and they sure do look pretty but they are not on par with other turbos in terms of flow. Good choice on turbo and some really nice numbers man!

MTBSully

Established Member
I tried to tell you about the comps. They sound great on paper and they sure do look pretty but they are not on par with other turbos in terms of flow. Good choice on turbo and some really nice numbers man!

Yeah man I dont know. Seems some people had good luck and others dont. I had a bad taste in my mouth with their customer service and the fact that it took 5 weeks for them to get me any sort of update. Very happy with the turbonetics though.

Will try to post more pictures and a more thorough update of what has changed in the past month after this weekend. Car is just about ready for mustang week and the summer!

s351

Established Member
lots of people seem to sell there cars when they go turbo.

There's a lot more maintenance and setting them up properly to enjoy them. It's a lot more hassle then a blower car. But personally I would never go back to a blower car. The turbo is so much more usable.

Last edited:

mr99svtcobra

Established Member
Hey man if you can remember what sizes where the fittings you used on the oil return? And the oil relocate I got 10an fittings for the relocate but can't get them to fit on the spin on part not enough room for two lines it seems

Users who are viewing this thread