mt82 to 6R80 step by step with pics

mhyjek

Established Member
Any track times yet? Has the tuner been able to adjust shift points and etc?

syclone50

Established Member
No times yet. I did however drive the car with my TT setup and the M6 before doing the A6 swap and all I can say is WOW!
Completely didferent car with the A6. The boost gauge never moves with the throttle down.

Yes the tuner can adjust when the car shifts and how firm they are.
I am running the MT 305 drag radials and the car breaks loose a bit going into third lol!

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
My tuner can adjust my shift points just like it came from the factory. My car has been 9.5@143 on the stock motor.

mepearso

I found a 6R80 with a warranty. It comes with a shifter and TC. The seller is also selling the engine from this car and the ECU is going with the engine. Should I get some numbers off of the ECU to help with the programing of the ECU I will have to buy? Any other suggestions I should do as far as getting essential matching parts from the donor car for programming would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

jmstekguy

Established Member
For the abs module you just have to reprogram it to the same vin that the pcm is using.

I did not want to repin everything to support the select shift. I might go back and do it one day. But i dont need it.

is this programming with the as built data for a auto vin # car?

i just finished a swap everything works except no overdrive cancel in the dash and abs/stab, control lamp on. im assuming it thinks the abs module is still for a manual car and also the dash as well when programmed by original vin number, if it was as build data it would think its from an auto car...

thanks

Last edited:

bob450

Established Member
You sould take your vin after enter trans info selenoid strategy and other trans data i dont remember is on a plate under side trans...Over drive cancel should work check wires.... you should repro abs module for work

Last edited:

KPatrone

Established Member
Yes, the abs module needs to be reprogrammed to match the vin. Brian at Finish line performance finally got mine configured correctly after ruining into headaches with ford dealers.

jmstekguy

Established Member
Yes, the abs module needs to be reprogrammed to match the vin. Brian at Finish line performance finally got mine configured correctly after ruining into headaches with ford dealers.

i tried that with my programming software. and it still gave me issues. Im guessing its needs an auto strategy to work with trans along with the cluster. Thats why i was thinking, program it as a "as build" with the cars vin # ill give it a go in the morning again.

DD2013 5.0

Established Member

So Brian can do this re programming? I'm local to finishline and will need mine re flashed once everything is in the car. I've yet to find anyone in the cincinnati area confident enough to tackle this unless I get every part from a car that has the same build data, options, ect ect.

KPatrone

Established Member
So Brian can do this re programming? I'm local to finishline and will need mine re flashed once everything is in the car. I've yet to find anyone in the cincinnati area confident enough to tackle this unless I get every part from a car that has the same build data, options, ect ect.

Yes he can. He has the correct ford software to fix it. Brian did my entire build and I didn't even mention the ABS issue because I thought it was a lost cause. As he is taking me around the vehicle he said he fixed the issue and reprogrammed my module. Bonus! I would definitely hit him up, guy is top notch.

p6cl

I am in the middle of the 6r80 swap, can anyone tell me what to do with the clutch fluid line? Do I take it out of the engine bay where it is against the firewall by the brake booster? If I cap it off, what do I use? How does the shifter cable from the trans attach to the shifter? Does it just go on that piece sticking out? Doesnt look like that would hold it very well. Does the trans cooler go inside near the fans? I have the roush tvs supercharger and does not look like it would fit anywhere...Is their a way to tell what gear the transmission is in so it matches with the shifter? Thx

TVS VERT

Established Member
Quick question for the 6r80 swap experts , just did this on my 12 Shelby GT500, so car is currently running a 12 coyote PCM ,GT500 cluster and GT500 ABS Module ......car took the reset on everything except the abs module , it started up immediately but has the abs light .....I have a ABS module from a 12 Auto GT on the shelf but it is the exact same part number as my Shelby .....I didn't try the other module do you think the other module will work or do I need to buy a new module from Ford ?

Thanks

Dan

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
question for you swap guys:

i just put a 6R80 in mine, and having trouble engaging into gear. it just dies when i try to put it in D or R. we left the clutch assembly in place, so would that have anything to do with it?

or would that be a load/MAF thing in the tune?

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
question for you swap guys:

i just put a 6R80 in mine, and having trouble engaging into gear. it just dies when i try to put it in D or R. we left the clutch assembly in place, so would that have anything to do with it?

or would that be a load/MAF thing in the tune?

Unplug the clutch switch to rule out that. but the switch shouldn't be an issue as the auto pcm and strategy looks at the brake pedal switch and not the clutch switch anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread