mt82 to 6R80 step by step with pics

3 oh 2

Established Member
I got my 6r80 from a wrecked v6 mustang for $650. it had only 11k miles then swap everything into a 6r80 v8 trabsmission case which cost me $250 from ford parts

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
So your gonna rebuild it to v8 standards right? cause as far as i know the v6 clutch pack is weaker!

Last edited:

KPatrone

Established Member
Can someone give me contact information of a tech that has successfully programmed a computer doing this swap? It seems no one at my local dealer can figure out how to program my new computer with the new trans installed.

cobras427

Established Member
Good Morning, just woundering if you can be kind to send me some pics of this mod, I am at the step to begin . PS: I am not able to open you links for the fotos, I am Canadian too [email protected] Million Thanks

kaineoutlaw

Established Member
Bob did you ever figure out the advance trac abs issue? I have some kind of software incompatible u code. I cant remember who else had the issue and if anyone fixed it and how hahah

bob450

Established Member
sorry i havent found anything maybe try to email stang910 or maybe VIPERED91GT as me question about this issue... i know some person have succes but i dont remember their name...:??:sorry good luck

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
I heard you need to actually change the abs module from the manual to the module from the auto.

I'm about to start this swap possibly, what had to be done for the keys? reprogrammed?? my issues is gonna be tougher I think, im getting a complete swap from a 13 and I have a 12.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

bob450

Established Member
you are maybe better taking a computer strategy from a 12-11 because in 13-14 you have the select shift on shifter and i think you see it in the the cluster... so change cluster is maybe a good idea if you want keep 13 strategy... i know guy having this problems.. but i havent try.. good luck

crazygn

Established Member
Thanks guys this is awesome.. I'm about to do the real soon and I know I can get my info here .

Did you guys see a better 1/4 time and trap from going auto .., I have a few questions if you guys don't mind

crazygn

Established Member
Date on door is 03/11 the car is a 2012 .. The pcm is a NPY2 ....

What Year or PCM do I need and do I need a auto gauge cluster or can I use mine

I might be getting a 6r80 from a wrecked car what else should I try to get from the same car to make this easy

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
bump for results from other swaps! I have a 14 track pack, thinking about going auto, quick question.... will any year/11-14 auto's be compatible or do I need to look only for 13/14's with select shift? Thanks!

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
On my 13 Boss 302 with the 6R80 swap we also had ABS problems even when changed out. The Yaw Rate sensor was the issue and never found a way to fix the problem. :(

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
Has anyone successfully cured the ABS issue with this swap, its all I have left to fix.

Thanks

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I just did one of these swaps. Went into my 2012. Used a 2011 pcm, 2011 battery harness and a early 2013 transmission.

If anyone has questions just ask.

Users who are viewing this thread