mt82 to 6R80 step by step with pics

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
i hope somebody with ids will provide a step by step how to program abs module....
For the abs module you just have to reprogram it to the same vin that the pcm is using.
You decided against using the select shift?
I did not want to repin everything to support the select shift. I might go back and do it one day. But i dont need it.

syclone50

Established Member
I just did one of these swaps. Went into my 2012. Used a 2011 pcm, 2011 battery harness and a early 2013 transmission.

If anyone has questions just ask.

Just getting the last couple of things finished up on my swap. I did remove the clutch pedal assembly and was wondering what everybody did with the big hole in the firewall now where the clutch fluid lines routed. Also there was two sensor/switches on the clutch pedal assembly. What do we need to do with those.

Thanks guys!
Jeremy

bob450

Established Member
to cover hole.... duck tape..... auto prog dont care about 2 clutch sensors one is for starting and other to cruise control

syclone50

Established Member
ok I figured I would cover it up with something, just wondering.

So did you leave the two sensors plugged in or that doesn't matter either.
Thanks

syclone50

Established Member
ok so I had a ford tech come over tonight to reprogram my ECU. Everything went great till the last step which required the vehicle to be in neutral but the dam thing wont come out of park.

The plug on the shifter itself is plugged in and the sensor on the brake pedal is plugged in so I don't know what else it could be. The shifter does not do the clicking thing when you push the brake pedal. The solenoid is not activating. Any ideas

I did switch out the clutch/brake assembly for the one out of the auto.

Im stuck!!!!

bob450

Established Member
You can open consol and jump manually shifter lock pin to finish prog see with a multimeter at consol wire to found if thee is voltage....

bob450

Established Member
When you push ovrdrive off button on shifter does light work in dash if not check connector under hood at trans batt

syclone50

Established Member
Bob will I have a overdrive light go off on my dash if it is the same dash from my M6?

What connector are you referring to under the hood?

Thanks

bob450

Established Member
Same dash ( car on down hill picture) 11-12 car the connector is close to fuse box on harness

syclone50

Established Member
Bob I hate to keep being a pain but I still don't know what connector your referring to lol. Is it on the battery harness itself, the one we all needed to swap into the car because it has the connector which twists into the trans?

Is it somewhere on the car you can snap a pic of it for me.

Sorry for the hassle but I don't remember a connector near the fuse box, do you mean the main fuse box?
Thanks!!!!
Jeremy

syclone50

Established Member
ok Bob and Blazer thanks for you numerous suggestions helping me to figure this out. I knew it was something simple but in the end it was a bit strange too. It wasn't a harness or a plug that was not connected. On the passenger side of the shifter there is the small solenoid or actuator. On it there is a small rod or plunger with a white L shaped piece connected to it. That L shaped piece is supposed to be wedged into a small area just behind it. For what ever reason, maybe in shipping it came loose and was just hanging there. I loosened my shifter base and could see that thing sitting there. I slid it back into its little home and everything works as it should. I don't know if that completes some sort of circuit but it was the problem.

I described this the best I could encase someone else ever runs into this issue.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions!

Jeremy

syclone50

Established Member
YES!!!!
I simply bought a NEW ABS module from ford, I think the cost plus 10% was $130ish.
I installed it which takes two minutes and completed the reprogram. No lights on the dash and everything works great.
The tech that was reprogramming said sometimes the modules don't like new "as built" data written onto them and the PCM wont communicate with that module. Apparently they are blank from the factory and will take the new data during the process.

What ever it was it fixed the issue and the car drives like it would have from the factory!

Thanks to all who helped me on here!

Bigclok

Established Member
YES!!!!
I simply bought a NEW ABS module from ford, I think the cost plus 10% was $130ish.
I installed it which takes two minutes and completed the reprogram. No lights on the dash and everything works great.
The tech that was reprogramming said sometimes the modules don't like new "as built" data written onto them and the PCM wont communicate with that module. Apparently they are blank from the factory and will take the new data during the process.

What ever it was it fixed the issue and the car drives like it would have from the factory!

Thanks to all who helped me on here!

Do you have a part number for the module?? I just finished up my swap yesterday and the damn abs and advtrc lights are killing me!

Users who are viewing this thread