MSC v1.0 Details

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Wish I could make it out.......but I'm planning a car show in Dallas the first weekend in June that I'll be preparing for.

Any of ya'll wanna come out to TN for the SCMC 5th Anniv??? PM if ya want.

Bronco Bill

Established Member
us 41 dragstrip

hey guys,

So is this a club vs. club race or are all invited? The track is ten minutes from my house, and we race there often. The fee of $50 is including both days? I can definitely make it both days, and will message one of you with my info.
I hope to be picking up some m/t drag radials this week, so that'll work out well, (although i'll probably be putting them on stock pickup rims, lol).

Bronco Bill

Established Member
hey guys,

one more monkey wrench for the gear box, HOW BOUT MAKIN IT A BRACKET RACE, driver skill and cuttin lights would be crucial. I realize it may be more work, but i believe the track might be set up for it, they use a high tech comodore 64, lol
The categories would be open to all, if you raced the clock, no need for year , or make categories. I raced at the svt IRP,(Indianapolis raceway park) last fall, and we had about 40 svt's in the drag racing, ( I made the finals ).
just thought i'd add that,
thanks BB

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
Bronco Bill, did you race a Mineral Gray 03 Cobra?? The Cobra didn't get down the track (broken 1/2 shaft), but the owner of the Lightning did, he was also talking some smack about beating the 03 Cobra, was that you???

trey193

Established Member
I say go run what U brung and have fun, bracket racing is the worst idea possible for this event, its just everyone getting together and seeing what their cars will run!!!

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Bronco Bill
HOW BOUT MAKIN IT A BRACKET RACE
Every race is a bracket race. In the beginning we were considering it for some of the small groups of cars, but we decided to just make it all heads up, anybody against anybody.....just a fun day of racing Fords:beer:

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
I say go run what U brung and have fun, bracket racing is the worst idea possible for this event, its just everyone getting together and seeing what their cars will run!!!
Correction....what he said:D

Bronco Bill

Established Member
If the cobra broke then it wasn't even a race. I don't talk smack.
If i said anything, it was to the effect that i couldn't believe I made it through that round.
I had a good time at the event, although it wasn't what i expected. Thought i met some interesting people, and some that weren't. It was my pleasure to have attended the event, until now. Thanks.

The bracket idea was just a suggestion, no biggie. I think the event will be a great success.
BB
BB

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
It was a fun event, there may have been a misunderstanding on my part, sorry...

Hope to see you at more events, also enjoy the board...

Bronco Bill

Established Member
no problem, that was my first ladder race ever. The closest i ever came to it was mud racing for 15 years. I was there to learn and just have fun. i thought it was going to be an SVT only event, but having the other racers running was ok too, (i really liked the pt cruiser, it was put together with great attention to detail).

thanks,
BB

blk96SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Bronco Bill
no problem, that was my first ladder race ever. The closest i ever came to it was mud racing for 15 years. I was there to learn and just have fun. i thought it was going to be an SVT only event, but having the other racers running was ok too, (i really liked the pt cruiser, it was put together with great attention to detail).

thanks,
BB

Hey, where is Lake village, IN at?

Bronco Bill

Established Member
Lake Village is app. 2 miles south of the kankakee river, on U.S 41.

The track had a street car chaos friday night. good turnout , not as much gambling as in the past. My truck is slower than ever, many had slow 60 ft times but my e.t. as well as m.p.h. dropped.
I hate to mod the thing out if the engine is failing, (still covered),
but it dropped a half a second. any suggestions would be appreciated. I've heard about spark plugs blowing out, but should i be concerned, and check them for torque, they seem alright. Or, is this just something that happens, the truck has 19k miles on it and puffs a little when starting, (after about a week).
thanks ,
BB

Bronco Bill

Established Member
strip

yeah, they were tech lax, they also had about 300 cars entered, and still more comin in at 12 midnight when i left. Cops are severe
on event nights, so heads up. they're well trained with their radar guns, so you won't always get help from your detectors, until it's too late.
Lights seemed to be consistent, with times , and half slips for two lanes, no clock, for two other lanes, and street racers, for the last two lanes.
There was a tech line ( lane 0), as normal, and even several
venders, hirata's, gotnitrous.com, and a couple others.

hope info helps,
BB

hj16

Established Member
They werent kicking people out for no cages in the 11s were they? They didnt all of last year, and rumor have been floating around that they were this year.

Yet, someone I know ran there a month ago in the 11s with no problems.

Thanks

Bronco Bill

Established Member
11's

i saw some10's with no cage, didn't see them get kicked. there was a vega there, they wouldn't let run, but i don't know why. (yeah, i said a vega, lol). they announced cages for 11's on the p/a. , and helmets for 13 9's, so maybe they're trying to be official.
they also wouldn't let passenger's run anymore, but they started that last year
BB

1badass96GT

Established Member
They aren't going to kick you out with no cage, but Mike (guy at the starting line wiht anger managment issues) will chew your ass out if he thinks your too fast without a helmet. I was there a few weeks ago and a car almost identical to mine was doing mid 11's. I got up to the line and he thought it was me running that fast and reamed before I could even explain it wasn't me.

Users who are viewing this thread