• Sounds Good

Votes: 71 40.3%
  • Sounds Bad

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters

cdh027

Established Member
sedwick said:
I've had my MRT Catted H-pipe and Magnaflow catback for about 10 months now. I love it and wouldn't pick any other H-pipe. I like the H-pipe sound over the X, and MRT was the only one selling one in stainless steel. It looks as good today as the day I put it on. Sounds quiet at idle (with the magnaflow cat back) and it is saawweeet when you step on it.

Later,
Keith

I've got the same combo and it sounds great. I had an off road H with the maggies and put the MRT catted H on since I was sick of the raspy, shitty sounding exhaust. Now it sounds like a muscle car.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
cdh027-2 said:
I've got the same combo and it sounds great. I had an off road H with the maggies and put the MRT catted H on since I was sick of the raspy, shitty sounding exhaust. Now it sounds like a muscle car.
Is the addition of the MRT-H pipe significantly louder compared to the Magna CB by itself? I have the Magna CB and like the sound but would like a little more volume without being too loud so the catted H-pipe seems like a natural next step. I haven't been crazy about the Xpipe sound but have heard good things about the Hpipes with are 03s. You guys got any sound clips?

cdh027

Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
Is the addition of the MRT-H pipe significantly louder compared to the Magna CB by itself? I have the Magna CB and like the sound but would like a little more volume without being too loud so the catted H-pipe seems like a natural next step. I haven't been crazy about the Xpipe sound but have heard good things about the Hpipes with are 03s. You guys got any sound clips?

I dont have any sound clips, but if you like the maggies with your stock H then you will love them with an MRT catted H. The sound is a bit louder, no rasp, no tinny X-pipe sound, just tough.

"Mustangs are tough" Qoute from Johnny and Pony Boy.

mosconiac

Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
I have heard that a lot of people had problems with it leaking so i am just going to get it welded so i don't have any problems.

Some of what you read could be from the less than perfect welding seen on mine. When I dropped off the H to have some O2 bungs welded in for tuning, the local welder laughed at the quality of the welds. He pointed out prosity that would have lead to leaks. He cleaned those welds up. Also, when we looked inside, we couldn't believe the puddle of weld found in there. Look below, words will not suffice.

Quality of welds:
IMG_8425.jpg

Weld Puddle From HELL:
IMG_8629.jpg

I should also mention the cat-to-body clearance is really tight on my car...burn the paint? I'll be putting up a seperate thread about that.

cdh027

Established Member
mosconiac said:
I should also mention the cat-to-body clearance is really tight on my car...burn the paint? I'll be putting up a seperate thread about that.

That's the same problem I had. I couldnt believe that this EXPENSIVE AS ALL HELL pipe had so many fitment issues. It's literly a C-hair away from touching the floor pans. I'm shocked I dont hear it hit under load ??????

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
mosconiac said:
Some of what you read could be from the less than perfect welding seen on mine. When I dropped off the H to have some O2 bungs welded in for tuning, the local welder laughed at the quality of the welds. He pointed out prosity that would have lead to leaks. He cleaned those welds up. Also, when we looked inside, we couldn't believe the puddle of weld found in there. Look below, words will not suffice.

Quality of welds:
IMG_8425.jpg

Weld Puddle From HELL:
IMG_8629.jpg

When i got my MRT i was pissed it looked soo bad the welds look like a 5 year old kid did them. for 545 dollars i was not happy with the looks of it at all.

cdh027

Established Member
mosconiac said:
cdh027-2: Thanks for the response. No burning paint/carpet or hot floor?

No, not yet, but I dont drive it all the time. I'm still waiting to hear what came of your conversation with MRT ?

eleanorsvtcobra

Established Member
i had the mac o/r h-pipe with my borla stingers and it was so damn raspy i hated it. sounded like a damn machine gun going off. with the mrt catted h does it eliminate that horrible raspiness? i want something that si loud but still sounds like the borlas and absolutely no machine gun sound when getting on the gas. i took my mac o/r h pipe off after a couple months because i hated it. thanks guys just need some help before i decided whether or not i want to purchase the mrt catted h.

cdh027

Established Member
eleanorsvtcobra said:
i had the mac o/r h-pipe with my borla stingers and it was so damn raspy i hated it. sounded like a damn machine gun going off. with the mrt catted h does it eliminate that horrible raspiness? i want something that si loud but still sounds like the borlas and absolutely no machine gun sound when getting on the gas. i took my mac o/r h pipe off after a couple months because i hated it. thanks guys just need some help before i decided whether or not i want to purchase the mrt catted h.

Anytime you add cats, it will help eliviate the dreaded rasp.

bssmith1220

Established Member
No rasp with the catted h, mine did have a lot of slag in it though. I had to clean it up before putting it on. But, as far as sound goes its awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread