• Sounds Good

Votes: 71 40.3%
  • Sounds Bad

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
Sorry for the poll, but I read so many good and bad things about this pipe just want to know how you think it sounds with the Borla stinger. I really want a mid pipe to make the stinger a little louder but not overwhelming where I can't think. Every time I get close to ordering it I read something bad about it. Thanks for the help

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am up in the air about this as well. I would like to here what the MRT sounds like with a set of SLP loudmouth's.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
astippich said:
Its very loud

Can you explain a little more how loud it is. Like can you talk on a cell phone, hear the radio, talk to the person next to you. If i were to hit it going by a cop do you think i would get a ticket. Thanks.

GO HOKIES!

Established Member
I have this combo and I can have a fine conversation when im driving normally. Its LOUD when you stomp on it, but thats what you want right?? I've talked on my cell phone plenty and had no problems. You might have to put the windows up though. IMO i think this combo is incredible. I do agree with some people when they say its a little raspy but I think it sounds very mean. I've gotten many complimants going down the road. Since I live near some snobby po pos, i grandma shift and shift it at like 1500 rpms (only when they are at least a couple car lengths away). I KNOW I'll get a ticket here in Richmond, Va. I haven't dynoed it since I've put the MRT on so I'm not sure what the additional h.p./torque is.

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
Can you explain a little more how loud it is. Like can you talk on a cell phone, hear the radio, talk to the person next to you. If i were to hit it going by a cop do you think i would get a ticket. Thanks.
As I said to you in the PM pretty well said what Go Hokies is saying.LOUD,RASPY-changes exhaust tone completely(not for the better).It definitely is a LOT harder to hear the radio (did I mention DRONE).Somebody explained it here before saying that the mrt mid pipe is better suited for a more restricted exhaust muffler and not for straight thru muffler's.If it was ALL that, I would still have my mrt catted mid-pipe on now and not sitting in my shed. I love loud exhaust systems too but I'm sorry that combo is just alot of NOISE and better suited on a monster truck.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
Thanks a lot for all the replys guy right now i don't think i am going to get it. I really want the stinger to be loud but the more i read on this it just doesn't sound good.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member

astippich

Established Member
Yes you will need o2 extensions. This pipe sounds wicked good with the stingers. I've only heard a couple of guys who didn't like this combo.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
lol yea, i'm definently getting this pipe. what kind of gains do you suppose one would get with the borla/mrt combo? any results? isn't it better that it's catted so theirs more back pressure or something? can anyone shed some more like on that lol i'm not sure i know what i'm talking about on that one

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
Wings65288 said:
lol yea, i'm definently getting this pipe. what kind of gains do you suppose one would get with the borla/mrt combo? any results? isn't it better that it's catted so theirs more back pressure or something? can anyone shed some more like on that lol i'm not sure i know what i'm talking about on that one

I heard you get less HP with cats. Not for sure.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
The HP difference between not cats, vs. 2 High flows is nominal. 5-8hp max. loss with the cats. I have seen as little difference as 3, which is within dyno variance.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
Now the only thing is i don't want to spend 515 dollars on it. Does anyone know where i can get it cheaper than that.
I'm getting in line right behind ya on that one man. I've been interested in this pipe since it came out but the price tag keeps me second guessing. I'll probably break down and get it after the pulley install.

Users who are viewing this thread