Votes: 71 40.3%
  • Sounds Bad

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
I'm getting in line right behind ya on that one man. I've been interested in this pipe since it came out but the price tag keeps me second guessing. I'll probably break down and get it after the pulley install.

Yeah i hear you on that one. And then since i have a 04 i have to have the 02 extensions, and thats another 40 bucks. Then i would have to pay to have my shop guy put it on b/c i want it welded and thats another 80 bucks for two hrs. So for a MRT Catted H Pipe i am looking at about 640 bucks thats crazy but i think i am going to do it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
04cobratorchred said:
Yeah i hear you on that one. And then since i have a 04 i have to have the 02 extensions, and thats another 40 bucks. Then i would have to pay to have my shop guy put it on b/c i want it welded and thats another 80 bucks for two hrs. So for a MRT Catted H Pipe i am looking at about 640 bucks thats crazy but i think i am going to do it.

Welded??? What the hell??? This is a bolt on pipe, there is no welding. Welding it would be crazy.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just watched the vids. Man that would be loud with my SLP's. I know this because that sounded just a little louder than what I have right now. I may have to find a deal on these somewhere and buy me a set.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Welded??? What the hell??? This is a bolt on pipe, there is no welding. Welding it would be crazy.

I have heard that a lot of people had problems with it leaking so i am just going to get it welded so i don't have any problems.

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
I have heard that a lot of people had problems with it leaking so i am just going to get it welded so i don't have any problems.
You MUST have misunderstood because the ONLY thing there would be to weld is the cross over H on the pipe because it is a slip-fit design.Just clamp it if you"re worried I would'nt recommend welding this because in case you have to take it off in the future it's will be a big PIA.

Azure Mach1

Established Member
Here is my experience. Magnaflow X pipe + Magnaflow mufflers = not much louder than stock Mach 1 exhaust. Quieter than stock at idle. MRT catted H + SLP cat back was so loud I couldn't think. It sounded great but holy cow was it loud. I would put CC inserts in the mid pipe to quiet it down for trips. What a PITA! MRT catted H + Magnaflow cat back (after irs install) sounds great. Loud when running through the gears and very loud when mashing the throttle. Perfectly mellow cruising down the road & highway. Very little drone. Can have a nice talk without screaming over a cranked up radio on long trips. It is a deep American muscle car exhaust note. I love it.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I've had the MRT for almost a year now. I'm running it with a Magnaflow cat-back. I love the sound. It's fairly loud with the windows down, but it sounds good. I installed mine myself and have had zero negative issues with it. Highest quality construction and appearance of any mid-pipe I've seen.

Granted I got mine a lot cheaper than $515, I would still buy it again. Drone is minimal and even it sounds good. I used to have a Pro-chamber and Flows...talk about drone!

With Stingers or SLP it's gonna be damn loud, but with the Magnaflows I feel it's perfect.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
if i went with a solid rear axle would i have to ditch my borla stingers, and the MRT mid pipe i eventually want to get?

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
i bought the MRT Catted H Pipe today from ninosport for the H pipe and 02 wires it was 553.90 shipped. Lot of money so i really hope it sounds good.

kcsburk

Established Member
GO HOKIES! said:
sure no problem... i would like to make some more but have to find the time!.

You should. Your car sounds the best of all that I have heard. I would like to hear your car when you open up the throttle some more.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am still up in the air as to whether or not to use these with my SLP.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I am still up in the air as to whether or not to use these with my SLP.

Do it man i just was going through my computer and i had a sound clip saved of the MRT with SLP and it sounded bad ass. the way i looked at it was 1 in 10 people on this board are looking for a used one so i know i can resell it if i don't like it and only loose about 100 bucks or so.

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I have an mrt o/r h I was thinking about getting rid of. I bought it new, installed it and is has 100 miles on it at the very most. It's just a bolt on pipe so no welds to break or anything. I still even have the original box.

Users who are viewing this thread