Votes: 71 40.3%
  • Sounds Bad

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
magstang1 said:
I have an mrt o/r h I was thinking about getting rid of. I bought it new, installed it and is has 100 miles on it at the very most. It's just a bolt on pipe so no welds to break or anything. I still even have the original box.

why you selling it?

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I'm thinking about grabbing a couple magnaflow cats and having them welded in. Mrt uses magnaflow cats, so I would basically be making my own catted pipe. The problem is, if I don't like it I doubt it will be easy to sell. I was hoping to catch a used catted pipe but it seems like everyone else on these boards is as well. Maybe I'll just sell the o/r and toss the stock back on. Not really sure, you may have noticed that.

Azure Mach1

Established Member
I have a couple of vids of my car with the MRT catted H & Magnaflow cat-back if any of you are interested. Just PM me your email address and I'll send them.

I used to have a couple of sound clips of my car with the MRT catted H pipe & SLP cat-back. I'll have to see if I can dig them up.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
magstang1 said:
I'm thinking about grabbing a couple magnaflow cats and having them welded in. Mrt uses magnaflow cats, so I would basically be making my own catted pipe. The problem is, if I don't like it I doubt it will be easy to sell. I was hoping to catch a used catted pipe but it seems like everyone else on these boards is as well. Maybe I'll just sell the o/r and toss the stock back on. Not really sure, you may have noticed that.

Thats the main reason i got the MRT b/c i knew if i didn't like it about 1 out of 10 people on this board are looking for a used one.

GO HOKIES!

Established Member
Here is a couple more videos of my car just sitting still with the MRT/Stinger combo. Yea my car looks like it has streaks all over it b/c i just put a some swirl remover on it before i took the vid (I didn't know I left that ugly thick smudge until after I taped the video). Hopefully I can get a vid of me on the street sometime this week. We'll see. Oh yea, I just washed my car also, so that is why water is shooting out the tailpipes! :) The name of the Video is MVI_0057.AVI and MVI_0058.AVI

ftp://ftp.pfabrication.com/FOR_THREADS_WONT_BE_MOVED/

Last edited:

trendkilllx

Established Member
I have the magnaflow catback and put on the mrt catted h-pipe a week ago. I think it is a good combination, with the SLP or Borla would be a bit too loud for me.

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
the thought behind welding in cats is that I would have an mrt catted h which I have heard no complaints about. I definately want to hear one first though.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
trendkilllx said:
I have the magnaflow catback and put on the mrt catted h-pipe a week ago. I think it is a good combination, with the SLP or Borla would be a bit too loud for me.

oh come on it can never be to loud. ;-)

sedwick

Established Member
I've had my MRT Catted H-pipe and Magnaflow catback for about 10 months now. I love it and wouldn't pick any other H-pipe. I like the H-pipe sound over the X, and MRT was the only one selling one in stainless steel. It looks as good today as the day I put it on. Sounds quiet at idle (with the magnaflow cat back) and it is saawweeet when you step on it.

Later,
Keith

Users who are viewing this thread