Moving to Maryland

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Ditto that here....um in fact except for the subframes and bung that I just did ...I think Jason has put EVERYTHING on my car..Lots of fun at the MACA..come on over and visit for awhile!

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
why are you going to automatic?

I like the idea of more streetability and truely being able to harness the power that these cars make. Plus going through cluthes is no fun either I am sure. Fun factor is another big thing. I had 2 other built auto mustangs and loved them. Nothing like leaving the line under 16 lbs of boost. It truely is hard to explain how the torque converter multiplies engine torque like it does. In short, they sure make for one fun, reliable ride.

NickF1011

Established Member
Seems I've finally found a home here. :burnout:

You guys seems pretty knowledgable. I live up in Annapolis and always looking for some fellow Cobra owners to kill some time with.

Someone mentioned Hermann's. That's where I'm taking mine next week to get work done (diff, axles, driveshaft, shocks, struts). I've heard pretty good things. Any more input you can give me on the type of work I should expect there?

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
If you are going to Hermann's then you will get some of the best service in the country. I researched the hell out of a solid axle swap. When I did mine I lived in North Carolina. He was the shop I used to have my work done. Now I live in Maryland and yesterday was my first day going up there. What a great bunch of guys. I highly highly recommend them to anyone.

As for the T-56, when I decide to do the swap, it will be up for sale. Right now it has 15000 miles, stock clutch, MGW shifter, Fiore Firewall Adjuster and Clutch Quadrant.

TRBO VNM

jackers said:
I like the idea of more streetability and truely being able to harness the power that these cars make. Plus going through cluthes is no fun either I am sure. Fun factor is another big thing. I had 2 other built auto mustangs and loved them. Nothing like leaving the line under 16 lbs of boost. It truely is hard to explain how the torque converter multiplies engine torque like it does. In short, they sure make for one fun, reliable ride.

totally understandable. while I have never had that kind of setup and really don't want to, it is great for the track. If it is what I am thinking of regarding the tranny, isn't it more for the track than street? is it really streetable and how can it be "more" streetable than the 6 speed? I guess it all depends on the power you are making.

Users who are viewing this thread