Moving to Maryland

98convgt

Established Member
hey whats up man i just moved down here to pax to i just got transfered here. I dont have a cobra just a little white GT right now. if you want hit me up and we can hit mir up sometime or throw back a few.

TRBO VNM

hey guys. I am in Mechanicsville and live 6 miles from MIR. If anyone wants to hang out or needs a hand with mods, let me know. I have been helping a lot of the MACA guys.

MIR isn't too hard just yet on safety equipment. I have a helmet and safety loop, but they have never checked for the loop. I put it on when the subframes were put on.

I have ran consistent 11.30's and 11.40's and they haven't said a word about a cage yet. they haven't checked for a SFI certified harmonic balancer either.

check out the other forum. most of use post there.

TRBO VNM

98convgt said:
i would hit some people up on the maca fourms but not sure what they will think with me just have a gt. lol

go ahead and post, no big deal. Just need a cobra to be an official member, but you can still post and stuff. and go to gtg's.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
undrpresr said:
Hey jackers, I'm a real estate agent for coldwell banker. What area are you looking at??
Gimme a holler 443-618-1803 :beer:

I will as soon as I get up there. I just signed my 6 month lease at the Mayfaire Apartments. I did this so I would have some time to look at the area and besides, I have never bought a house before so I need time to research this investment. That is awsome that you guys up here are all willing to help. I will be up there the 2nd of July. Give me a few days to settle and I will definately call you. Thanks again.

jack

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
What internet providers do you guys use. I have Roadrunner High Speed Cable internet here and am happy with it. I see alot of people like Verison. Please let me know guys.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
How is it? How much slower is it then cable internet? I have heard good and bad. Also, do you have cable tv or do you have a satalite?

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
I've never had a cable modem so i don't know the speed difference. Verizon is ok I have had problems with the connection going down but i think it's has something to do with the phone lines in the building. I have direct tv, the only cable company here is GMP and i wasn't to keen on them I pay about 90 dollars a month for about 150 channels with HD and GMP doesn't offer high def and less channels.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Does that 90 bucks a month include your internet or is that just your direct tv? I am definately gonna get the direct tv for football season (Go Saints!). My buddy is a home theater distributer and just made me a great deal on the 55" Sony LCD rear projection tv and a set of Phase Technology V-12 speakers. Shame I wont be able to really use them in an apartment, but at least I will have them.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
no that's just for the satellite. my internet is 35 a month. yeah i have the home theater stuff and have had the cops called on me once so you can't really go to crazy with it. sony is great that's what i have except it's only a 51".

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
That 51 is still a bad ass tv. That is what I wanted from the start but he is running a special on the 55 with the PhaseTech's as my going away present. I hear once you go with a tv like you have you cant go back to anything else. Kinda like hi-speed internet, once you have that you can never go back to dial up.

micksnip

Established Member
ft lic plate

jackers said:
I have the helmet, but that is it. No driveshaft safety loop or anything. I am not too fond of having a front mounted license plate either, any way around that one? But anyway, I would definately be down for a track night.

I am leaving a great group of mustang owners back in North Carolina and I was just telling them how your guys seem to take care of your own like we do down here. So for that, I thank you once again. That really means alot when moving to an entirely new area.
Jackers-Welcome to "Merlyn"-you'll see the accent change as you come closer to Balmere. I live near Mt Airy, home of the famous Jimmi Cone Ice Cream "lot", where about 100 modified cars congregate every Sat eve(officially it's either the 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th Sat-but nobody can remember, so everyone comes every Sat eve just to be sure).Bring yer lawn chair to sit. It's that kind of place.
On my 2nd cobra-torch 04. No ft plate, but HBH makes a ft plate holder and his father-in-law powdercoats them. I have not put a ft plate on this cobra-03 came w/one from the dealer. Iron Terp made one from some scrap iron-nah, that sounds bad-some angle steel(couldn't resist, Dwight) which is adjustable. Depends on whether you want to take the risk-I won't drill my bumper, but if I get stopped I may have some angle steel in the trunk all made up-ready to go, and that will likely get you a warning if you show the officer. I work with police and they are more interested in catching DWIs and aggressive drivers, and only some are interested in what I consider "Mickey Mouse" stuff like exhaust or license plates. Hope to meet you at one of the GTGs. Micksnip

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
jackers said:
How is the tech at MIR?

Tech? What tech? You could bring a flat-bottomed go-cart in there with two flat tires and a 460 V-8 strapped to the back.......as long as you give them your money, they don't tech ANYTHING. I think at the begining of last year they asked me for a helmet for my LX.....that's it. My Cobra runs under what a vert should to have a cage and they've never even looked at the car....I mean literally never even glanced at it. This "policy" has it's good and it's bad points, I guess. :-D

Welcome to the area though! We always have something going on around here.....the more the merrier! A

Also check out this site for other stuff going on around Sounthern Md: www.mamandf.com.

That is for a Mustang and Fords Club based out of So. MD, you GT guys should check it out, too! :thumbsup:

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Well its official. I am now living in Lexington Park. Thanks everyone for answering my questions. I cant wait to get out to MIR. First I have to take a trip to Hermann's for some axle swaps and that front license plate holder. Ta2d1, thanks for the help with the apartment, I really like it. I got the second floor too. I am on the wrong side of the building to get the Direct TV, so we went with the super cable. Looks like my 55" Sony LCD just turned into an Automatic from Hermann. Oh well, cant go wrong there either.

And for the record, Ta2d1's car is beautiful. Where did you get those tail lights?

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
they are the overlays from ninosport.com there like $60 or so. this is strange i'm relpying to this and you're only 200ft away.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
I know, we will have to get up this weekend. I am gonna take a trip up to Hermann's shop tomorrow I think. By the way, seeing your car all shiny every day made me go out and detail mine today. Took about 5 hours today and tomorrow it will take about 2 hours I am figuring. Cant be known as the guy with the dirty Terminator!

Users who are viewing this thread