Moving to Maryland

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Hello,
I am moving to Maryland here in a few weeks. I have taken a job on the Pax River Naval Air Station flying on KC-130 J model in flight refuelers. I have been up there interviewing and house hunting lately and must say there are some bad ass stangs in that area. I took notice to some really clean GT's and Cobra's. Once I move up there I would really like to attend one of your get togethers just to meet some of you guys.

Anyway, I have an 03 Cobra, Redfire, with chrome Cobra R wheels, with normal bolt-ons and a solid axle. Cant wait to blast down MIR. Anyway, just thought I would say hi to my new neighbors.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
PAX huh? You won't be to far from me, Jason(WUTWINE), Todd(RAWSN8K) or Ta2d1, we are all in that general area(meaning within 35-40 minutes). MIR is the closest track too you, and by far the nicest one around.

Do you need a real estate agent? The fella that just helped me I met through the MACA, (he's got a white 03). PM me if you are interested, otherwise, I'll see ya when you get here. Welcome to So. MD.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Yes I cant wait to start meeting you guys. Believe it or not, Hermann's shop and MIR were part of my decision to take this job. How is the tech at MIR? My best time down here (crappy track) was a 7.9@97mph sliding all the way down the 1/8th. I dont have a driveshaft loop or anything except for a helmet.

Fishtail, I definately need a real estate agent. I will pm you right after this.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn, I need to get together with some people around here. Too bad I don't have a cobra... Just a lowly GT :( Anyway, I live in Port Tobacco and don't really see too many cobras around laplata or waldorf. You guys ever drive them? I am a co-op down at NSWC, Indian Head.

P.S.- If nobody can hook you up, my mom is a part time real estate agent/middle school teacher and she is about to finish for the summer so she's anxious to get back to lookin at houses. PM me if so.

Last edited:

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
jackers said:
Hello,
I am moving to Maryland here in a few weeks. I have taken a job on the Pax River Naval Air Station flying on KC-130 J model in flight refuelers. I have been up there interviewing and house hunting lately and must say there are some bad ass stangs in that area. I took notice to some really clean GT's and Cobra's. Once I move up there I would really like to attend one of your get togethers just to meet some of you guys.

Anyway, I have an 03 Cobra, Redfire, with chrome Cobra R wheels, with normal bolt-ons and a solid axle. Cant wait to blast down MIR. Anyway, just thought I would say hi to my new neighbors.

I've saw a redfire infront of my apartment complex the other day that wasn't you was it? any way welcome to the area.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
ta2d1 said:
I've saw a redfire infront of my apartment complex the other day that wasn't you was it? any way welcome to the area.

Yeah that was me. Your car was parked kind of on a corner. I was commenting to my buddy how nice it looked with those tinted tail light covers. I also saw you driving around town too. How do you like that apartment complex? I have to decide here in the next day or two on an apartment. And thanks for the welcome. Once I get up and running up there I will throw a get together for anyone who is interested.

Where can I buy kegs up there?

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
It's ok the rent i think is a little high for the area, but it's fairly quiet here this is the only place that i would even consider renting at in the immediate area. there is another subdivision near gate3 of the base it's pretty nice back there. and i deffinatley wouldn't go any closer to the base as the neighborhood isn't that great. as far as a keg i've never bought one down here but i think you can get one at the liquer store thats across the street. by the way your car sound awesome i heard you pulling out the other day.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Thanks man, it is Magnaflow ORX and Magnaflow mufflers. I like the sound. I used to have the ORX and a magnapack catback but decided I wanted it a little quieter when I went with my solid axle.

My roommate down here has the stingers with an Off Road Prochamber and it sounds kick ass. Pretty loud, but nice. How are the inspections up there? Do they do emissions?

As for the apartments, I like the ones you live in. I also like the townhouses back by gate 3. I cant remember the name of them, but they are right near spyglass. I like the ones back there because they have a garage. I guess it doesnt really matter, it is only temporary. Damn housing costs are crazy up there. My buddy just bought a 3 bedroom, 2 car garage house built 2 years ago down here in North Carolina for 132,000 bucks. Try finding that deal up there......

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
yeah, houseing is redicoulous I've been looking on and off and really can't find anything i like for under 200,000 in a good area. maryland only requires you to inspect the car once when you enter the state or if you buy a car (only if from private seller), but they do check everything and i mean everything. if you have tint you have to go to the MVA to have it checked, the limit is 35%. on the plus side st.mary's county does not have emissions check yet at least.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
That is the same boat I am in then. I can spend about 250k but would like to stay as close to 200k as possible. I just want to get up there and look around for a while and not be pressured into buying.

How is the tech at MIR? I cant wait to get some runs down that track. Last time I was up I stopped and got some pictures to send to my buddies that are over in Iraq. Top notch track I must say.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
I've only run my car twice and i did it on a test and tune day which is usually on a sunday or wednesday and it was pretty lax I did need a helmet though. I think the midnight madness they have on fridays is a little more stern when i comes to tech since there is a lot more people and usually alot of imports but it is cheaper to run on fridays but you get fewer runs and it's bracket racing. It is a good track though since it is a national track it's well prepped. when you get down here and settled we'll have to get together and go there one evening. I should finally pullied by then.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
I have the helmet, but that is it. No driveshaft safety loop or anything. I am not too fond of having a front mounted license plate either, any way around that one? But anyway, I would definately be down for a track night.

I am leaving a great group of mustang owners back in North Carolina and I was just telling them how your guys seem to take care of your own like we do down here. So for that, I thank you once again. That really means alot when moving to an entirely new area.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
there is no real way around the license plate but i did go a year without one on. just depends if they give you a warning, a repair order or the actual ticket. if you get the repair order you have to put it on if you get the ticket you can pay it and take your chances.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
That sucks. I think I saw before someone makes a bracket to attach the plate to. Something that doesnt screw into the bumper. Oh well, small price to pay.

Looks like we are gonna be neighbors. I did some more research and I think you are in the best apartment. So I called today, there are some openings and I will be faxing the application out tomorrow. Thanks again!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Front tag? Eh, I wouldn't do it. If you get pulled over for it, fine, but I wouldnt' do it before that. I'd just put it up in the front window with some suction cups and call it a day. that's what I did with the 5.0 and I never had any problems. The cobra came with the front tag already there so, I just left it.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
jackers said:
That is the same boat I am in then. I can spend about 250k but would like to stay as close to 200k as possible. I just want to get up there and look around for a while and not be pressured into buying.

How is the tech at MIR? I cant wait to get some runs down that track. Last time I was up I stopped and got some pictures to send to my buddies that are over in Iraq. Top notch track I must say.

Depends on when you go. TNT is like 30 dollars now, Friday nights Midnight madness was 15, but I haven't been this year so that might have gone up.

You used to be able to get as many runs in as you could stand on TNT days, but not anymore. now they do some kind of gamblers race and they run the TNT by classes. it's VERY annoying. I prefer just going on friday nights getting a run or two less in, and hanging out with everyone. But, it's been a while since I was there on a weekly basis...

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Thanks Fishtail,
I am not too fond of running a bunch of laps, but if I am gonna drive 30 or 40 minutes just to get there I want to be able to get more than 1 or 2 runs. No biggy, like you said, it will be cool just to hang out with some of you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread