Motor Monitor : SVTP 2012 GT Gets an AeroForce Interceptor

gixxer1kr

Established Member
5v

I was told by Todd @ Aeroforce a while back after i had already purchase a 5v regulator that the 3.5 boost sensor and wideband are 12volts. I only would need it for fuel and oil pressure sensor kits. So do i need the 5v. its been hooked up all summer to 12volts :bash: Drections on the 3.5 say ground,12v, and analog.

gixxer1kr

Established Member
Jerry do u have a pic of that autometer ring.I have the autometer cluster with dual gauges. and hows do they go in???

JerryC

Established Member
Here's a good pic from the Jegs website;
Auto Meter 2234 Auto Meter Gauge Mounting Solutions

You just put it behind the gauge. the way I keep it in place is with a small piece of electrical tape. You could glue it if you wanted to, and I may do that later on, but it hasnt moved since I put it there and with the tape it's easy take apart if I need to.

Swaie

Established Member
I have the dual setup on my "L" and its pretty trick...Mine doesn't read boost, but it still comes in handy when I wanna look at LTFT, STFT on both banks and RPM's things like that. And clearing codes is quick and easy. Just be careful with the plug...it is pretty delicate.

5.0Trunk

Established Member
Received mine, and installed it.

4e8udyze.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk stuff!

deepsouthtech

Established Member
Mine had a black line across the face right out of the box. :(

Sent email to Aeroforce and got a response same day to send it back to them for repair and they would refund shipping cost.

5.0Trunk

Established Member
Waited around all day to have my replacement gauge to show up after paying next day delivery...no show!! FedX didn't even show any record of anything that was supposed to be delivered to me . :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk stuff!

2012GTCS

Established Member
Hmmm, I wanted to do this in the vent but I also worried about the exposure to condensation. I didn't realize the back was that open and the circuits exposed that much. I wonder if there's anyway to protect it like with some clear caulking or something done neatly without messing it up. Or maybe a piece behind the gauge that allows he wire thru...

I may veer off to a pillar pod, dont want the gauge crapping out in a few months

Also, To Lethal......

It says factory is black bezel with machined lip. If you want all black bezel what do you order? It doesnt have an option for all black, unless thats the way it comes.
Also, any pics of the "5.0" custom face? Id like to see that before ordering.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

JerryC

Established Member
I toyed with the thought of stuffing a piece insulation in the back of the pod. After a summer with no insulation, I could detect no condensation on the gauge. I may still insulate it so I can run heat through the vent.

on3performance

I was thinking about picking this up as well for my truboost gauge and worried about the same thing. Are you blocking that vent off at all or just running it like normal? Lethal do you have these in stock?

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Installed mine today; white lights w/5.0 logo.
What Id like to know most is the danger levels for things like head temp, coolant temp, oil temps etc.

20121006_160354-2.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread