most of you have prob seen this...but for those who havent...

blackhatchb20

Established Member
not once did i EVER bash a MUSTANG..i just said we have the weight advantage...and yes kenny tran, i know him personally, and he does not run an 84mm bore, not that i am aware of i was under the impression that it was more of an 87 or 89mm bore...maybe i am wrong...

i didnt now know there were 03 cobras in full street trim in the 9's, like i stated before...I DIDNT KNOT IF THERE WERE ANY...

and i'm not going to get into the whole supra thing, i know cobra have only been out for well not even 2 years actually, and one of my good friends has one that runs a 10.9@132 on nitto's...its a bad bitch i will not lie...

and i have said nothing like unplug 4 spark plugs...u have 5 liters...etc...
RUN WHAT YA BRUNG

if u wish to "classify" me as a ricer, go ahead...i am probably the farthest from a ricer you will ever meet who drives a civic...but fine..i always get classified as a ricer...

and in no way, shape, form or fashin am i dissing a 03 cobra or a mustang for that matter, personally i want an 03, i think they are ****ing sick as hell, i would rather have a cobra, or TA over my hatch anyday - 8cyl>4cyl

i'm sorry if this started all the comotion about a ricer...etc...i was bashing mustangs...i just said they are heavy, i'm not bashing them in any way..

IF u did take offense from my statements, I am sorry for that

Matt

Last edited:

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by gtstang
well it is a mustang sight.

Actually if you want to get specific this isnt a mustang board, Mustang is not in the title of the board...AND it is actually called SVTP...last time I checked a gt wasnt a cobra...or a SVTF...or a Lightning, or a SVT Contour...not trying to be an ass or anything, just saying...

I really dont like when people b!tch cause someone post a vid of a car they dont like...no one griped about the Koingsegg vid being posted...or the Ford GT vid...hell no one cares when someone post a vid of a vette...

I actually dont think it looks to bad, it looks a whole lot better than some of the imports you see out there today, and its fast as hell too...nice vid dude...

THE REEPER

Established Member
Originally posted by blackhatchb20
the car made 660WHP @ 2 bar...

yes it does not have the typical power band like most your v8's, but who cares, the top end pull is ****ing sick...i really dont care about stop light races. but on the highway 2500lbs and over 600whp = ownage of a 756rwhp car...:p

here is a video at the strip...

this is only 1.4 bar...roughly 20psi...at the strip...

edit: so JusticeM your telling me you would not drive a 660whp civic?
you - >:burn: < - civic

edit2: boostaholic - who in their right mind would run open deck 26psi?, thats just dumb, that is a death wish waiting to happen...the motor is built closed deck and it is sleeved...and upwards of 50psi...i dont know of to many turbos that are efficient up past 32-34...not one that would spool on a 84mm bore motor

edit3: hmmmidunno - an attempt to make it fast...i think that deserves the title of FAST...i dont know of to many 03 cobra's that run a 10 on the strip...well i haven't been on this board that long, maybe their are alot of you, but i dont know...and BUYING the car with a DOHC partially built motor and a super on it, is way different than building a motor from ground up...given we have the weight advantage, but its my fault u bought a heavy ass pig:p
only way that car could keep up with me was if i was towing it.....high way 1/4 road race ece!

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
wow if your trying to correct yourself ,on one said though earlier you miss spell the word "kno" its know..... and yeh there are only two of those civic i think a guy in san antonio owns them... i saw the plates on his other car and it also looked like he was doing the racing in san antionio or the dallas area...

What people are correcting now? There was a thread on this awhile back, thats why in my sig it says SVTU grad. I don't think anyone really has the right to correct anyone on here. Everyone uses there own "slang" on the internet. Best bet is to uh....deal with it or move on. Not everyone can spell properly.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Originally posted by blackhatchb20
not once did i EVER bash a MUSTANG..i just said we have the weight advantage...and yes kenny tran, i know him personally, and he does not run an 84mm bore, not that i am aware of i was under the impression that it was more of an 87 or 89mm bore...maybe i am wrong...

i didnt now know there were 03 cobras in full street trim in the 9's, like i stated before...I DIDNT KNOT IF THERE WERE ANY...

and i'm not going to get into the whole supra thing, i know cobra have only been out for well not even 2 years actually, and one of my good friends has one that runs a 10.9@132 on nitto's...its a bad bitch i will not lie...

and i have said nothing like unplug 4 spark plugs...u have 5 liters...etc...
RUN WHAT YA BRUNG

if u wish to "classify" me as a ricer, go ahead...i am probably the farthest from a ricer you will ever meet who drives a civic...but fine..i always get classified as a ricer...

and in no way, shape, form or fashin am i dissing a 03 cobra or a mustang for that matter, personally i want an 03, i think they are ****ing sick as hell, i would rather have a cobra, or TA over my hatch anyday - 8cyl>4cyl

i'm sorry if this started all the comotion about a ricer...etc...i was bashing mustangs...i just said they are heavy, i'm not bashing them in any way..

IF u did take offense from my statements, I am sorry for that

Matt
At least you did attempt to make some sense, however misconstrued it might have been, but I wouldn't place so much stock in fwd 4cyl vehicles especially of honda nature on this site. I know where you are coming from, the underdog thing is cool, but driveshafts are more fun and so are multiple cylinders. Just think of how fast that guy could have made a fox body with all that money, or an rx7, merkur xr4ti, 240sx, or an f-body. All I'm saying is that physics is more on the cost/benefit side when you have the rear, or all in some cases, wheel drive and more displacement. The video is cool but for a honda a 300fwhp/210fwtq :D daily driver is alot more practical than 660fwhp or whatever. I myself am trying to find a decent balance between the two, thats why the Teg is leaving soon:( . Cool video tho, nice find.:beer:

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Wow, and to think most of that 10 second 1/4 was riding the rev limiter with cruddy shifts. :eek:

Heh, I was thinking the same thing while I was watching it. I don't know anything about Hondas or how they should be driven, and i'm not sure that guy did either ;p

....I could be wrong, maybe they're supposed to be driven like that.:-D

BenBrausen

Established Member
Show me an Honda that makes power with the original engine. Sure it's cool to go fast on the highway but come on, we live in the US, there aren't lots of big open spaces to open it up. I have a car that's better at highway speeds then from a stop but who ask's you "What's your rollin' 1/4 mile time?" Don't make me use the old "polishing a turd" addage.....

joeySVT03

Established Member
i think i speak for most guys on this site when i say it doesnt matter how fast it is because its still a honda and its still gay!

EatonMe

Originally posted by Justicem
God I hope your joking. :dw:

No, I'm not. I respect any car that's fast, and the fact is - that car is damn fast.

I'd drive a turbo Civic HB anyday.

God

Established Member
nice little video but how come no races :shrug: :bash:

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by joeySVT03
i think i speak for most guys on this site when i say it doesnt matter how fast it is because its still a honda and its still gay!

What I think is funny, is that by saying that you prove how close minded you really are. What does it matter if its a honda, its still fast. So its not streetable, how streetable is the Ford GT, 4 miles to the gallon if you push it, you cant even get in if someone parks next to you. So does the car regulary participate in homosexual activities? I am confused, explain to me how a car can be gay. Its people like you that give all car enthusiast a bad name...

I love Cobras, but I know that they arent the fastest thing in the world...Yes, I own an "American" car, but that doesnt mean I dont respect a 10 second Civic, a 10 second time slip is a 10 second time slip. Had there been another car there, you would have said awesome, but because it was a 4 cyl FWD you feel you need to make a complete ass out of yourself. It is people like you that further the stereotype of all imports being ricers...

And this isnt a ****ing Mustang board, get over yourselfs people...

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member

And this isnt a ****ing Mustang board, get over yourselfs people... [/B]

It may not be a "Mustang" Board but it is SVTPERFORMANCE..... who is SVT you ask? F O R D !!!!!!!! Not Honda. If there is a honda forum out there and mustang ppl starting posting saying how fast their cars are, I'm sure they would get hammered too.

blackhatchb20

Established Member
Originally posted by Codes
What I think is funny, is that by saying that you prove how close minded you really are. What does it matter if its a honda, its still fast. So its not streetable, how streetable is the Ford GT, 4 miles to the gallon if you push it, you cant even get in if someone parks next to you. So does the car regulary participate in homosexual activities? I am confused, explain to me how a car can be gay. Its people like you that give all car enthusiast a bad name...

I love Cobras, but I know that they arent the fastest thing in the world...Yes, I own an "American" car, but that doesnt mean I dont respect a 10 second Civic, a 10 second time slip is a 10 second time slip. Had there been another car there, you would have said awesome, but because it was a 4 cyl FWD you feel you need to make a complete ass out of yourself. It is people like you that further the stereotype of all imports being ricers...

And this isnt a ****ing Mustang board, get over yourselfs people...

very well put...i agree with him 100%

www.honda-tech.com

many people drive cars other than civic's and no one get clowned, it's because people have respect...not immaturity...

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Justicem
It may not be a "Mustang" Board but it is SVTPERFORMANCE..... who is SVT you ask? F O R D !!!!!!!! Not Honda. If there is a honda forum out there and mustang ppl starting posting saying how fast their cars are, I'm sure they would get hammered too.

Ok, then why dont you people bitch when someone post videos of vettes, vipers, Supras, Ferraris, Koingseggs or any of those other cars that arent Fords? And he wasnt saying anything about how fast his car is, he posted it cause its a cool video.

Users who are viewing this thread