most of you have prob seen this...but for those who havent...

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Thats a sick hatch, too bad mr newton never liked that damn front wheel drive business (BTW he needs a soft rev limiter, then maybe it will last 5 oil changes). :D

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Thats a nice civic you got there. Alot better than most of the freakin ricers in my neck of the woods. But I read the latest sport compact car with the 45o something hp civic and they say that the car is not fun doesnt have a practical powerband, and the thing ended up blowing up.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by gtstang
and i do kno how to spell site. i was just seeing if any of my fellow stalker's that would reply to it.

wow if your trying to correct yourself ,on one said though earlier you miss spell the word "kno" its know..... and yeh there are only two of those civic i think a guy in san antonio owns them... i saw the plates on his other car and it also looked like he was doing the racing in san antionio or the dallas area...

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
its also a B18C1 engine not a stock civic engine still made by honda.
http://www.importparts.com/shop/pro...=4893&osCsid=44eb306bf93985a3b78c210bff5fb23e

they are about 4,000 bucks.... onlyhandle 26PSI before your heads wanna explode off thats at 620HP only run a 10.22...slow.. so a honda attempt to make a fast car has failed cobra still ownz...:p

Hmmmm $4000? Seems a lil high for me, more like this $2900
Still way too much for 170hp tho (sorry I had to say it, I'm accustomed to this torque-less world of honda :( ). Also, 26 psi+ open deck with 10.6:1 compression = boom!!! Trust me I know this. Sleeved she can run upwards of 50psi however, well on a 63mm or so anyway.

blackhatchb20

Established Member
the car made 660WHP @ 2 bar...

yes it does not have the typical power band like most your v8's, but who cares, the top end pull is ****ing sick...i really dont care about stop light races. but on the highway 2500lbs and over 600whp = ownage of a 756rwhp car...:p

here is a video at the strip...

this is only 1.4 bar...roughly 20psi...at the strip...

edit: so JusticeM your telling me you would not drive a 660whp civic?
you - >:burn: < - civic

edit2: boostaholic - who in their right mind would run open deck 26psi?, thats just dumb, that is a death wish waiting to happen...the motor is built closed deck and it is sleeved...and upwards of 50psi...i dont know of to many turbos that are efficient up past 32-34...not one that would spool on a 84mm bore motor

edit3: hmmmidunno - an attempt to make it fast...i think that deserves the title of FAST...i dont know of to many 03 cobra's that run a 10 on the strip...well i haven't been on this board that long, maybe their are alot of you, but i dont know...and BUYING the car with a DOHC partially built motor and a super on it, is way different than building a motor from ground up...given we have the weight advantage, but its my fault u bought a heavy ass pig:p

Last edited:

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member

Thats correct. No flame intended. To each his own.

drexebo

On a quest 4 an 03 cobra!
Established Member
I don't know about you guys... but I'd rather see more videos while riding inside of the car...:xpl:

essinem4130

Established Member
Its a fast car. Its a Civic though, and that ~600whp is completely useless at any sane and/or safe speeds on the street. With that said, it is a race car. It is a 660hp race car, and can only muster a 10 second timeslip.

As to the Honda guys quote "Its not my fault you bought a heavy pig..."

Haha. Thats the first time I've heard anything from a Honda *** declairing an advantage over Mustang. Usually its: "Pull 4 plug wires" or "You gots FIVE liters, dawg!"

I'm not going to cut my leg off just so I can compete in the special olympics... Sooner or later you Honda **** will learn that.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Ok taking about how our cars are all heavy and ish there are street drivin stangs that are faster than alot of the pro fwd civics and such. And there are way more stangs and cobras running in the tens tahn a civic.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
What a pointless waste. Cool that it makes that much power but whats the use if you cant put it to the ground.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by blackhatchb20
yes it does not have the typical power band like most your v8's, but who cares, the top end pull is ****ing sick...i really dont care about stop light races. but on the highway 2500lbs and over 600whp = ownage of a 756rwhp car...:p

These are some pretty typical ricer statements. It doesn't have a wide power band but who cares? Why build a fast car just to race people on a highway when it's probably not even street legal? Even if it is street legal, it can't be that much fun to drive on the open highway with no interior and full race equipment. What the hell is the point of this car if it wasn't built to drag race?

Originally posted by blackhatch20

That was original. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by blackhatch20
edit3: hmmmidunno - an attempt to make it fast...i think that deserves the title of FAST...i dont know of to many 03 cobra's that run a 10 on the strip...well i haven't been on this board that long, maybe their are alot of you, but i dont know...and BUYING the car with a DOHC partially built motor and a super on it, is way different than building a motor from ground up...given we have the weight advantage, but its my fault u bought a heavy ass pig:p

Well, apparently you haven't been around the board long because there are a lot of '03-'04 Cobras running in the 10s with simple bolt-ons and sticky tires. There are even a couple of low-9 second Cobras that have full interiors and are daily driven. And before someone starts spouting off about how there are Supras in the 8s, remember that these Cobras have only been out 2 years and they're already running low-9s with NO internal motor work and at their full "heavy ass pig" weight. You know, I almost had a little bit of respect for you when you posted that video. It IS a pretty quick little Civic (albeit a pretty useless one). However, when you come back and start bashing Mustangs on a Ford website, I think you're just retarded like all the other ricers. You import guys just dig yourselves into your own holes. Have a little respect and you might get some in return.

Last edited by a moderator:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
edit2: boostaholic - who in their right mind would run open deck 26psi?, thats just dumb, that is a death wish waiting to happen...the motor is built closed deck and it is sleeved...and upwards of 50psi...i dont know of to many turbos that are efficient up past 32-34...not one that would spool on a 84mm bore motor
Appearantly you missed my entire post, 26psi + open deck = BOOM! Obvioiusly this is only possible in the land of perfectly stoichiometric balance of a/f ratios. And no turbo can spool an 84mm bore motor past 32-34psi? There are these neat little things called ball bearings that work quite well actually, ever heard of Ed Bergenholtz, Kubo, Kenny Tran, or Papadakis? :D

Users who are viewing this thread