Mortgage Rates north of 7%

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
They have to restrict growth to keep inflation down. Making money more expensive to borrow is Econ 101.

I’m OK with the rate hikes…I’m not OK why they are being hiked (govt spending being complete out of control and forcing energy prices up because “save the earth” BS).
Yes, and restrict growth means lotsa bad shit

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Their wages were probably considerably lower as well. I doubt the transition from then till now is linear.

Actually, not as much as you'd imagine.

Average real wage in 1981 was $42k per year, while in 2022, average real wage is just over $62k per year -- An increase of 57% from 1981 to 2022.

In 1981, average home price was $68k, while average home price now in 2022 is almost $350k. An increase of 515%.

Real wages are nowhere near keeping pace with home prices.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Been saying this for 6 months, it will hit 10% or more by spring. When inflation was as bad as it is now in the early 80s the rates were in the mid teens. Different scenario now, but its still going to get bad.
I agree...my parents were paying close to 15% in 1978 when they bought the house i grew up in

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Guess I'll have to pay for the next house in cash!

Baller

dave-chappelle-money.gif

SHOdown220

Established Member
I specifically remember a member here telling me last year I was making a “TERRIBLE “ decision to buy my house instead of waiting because the market would crash in 6 months. Well here I am 14 months later with house prices higher than they were last summer and l locked in 2.95%. Whoops.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m no expert here but it seems like the skyrocketing property values of the past 2 years followed directly by skyrocketing mortgage rates will certainly cause some issues. Namely, dropping property values and the folks that bought in the past year or so are going to get hung out to dry for a bit. Guess we will see where it goes.

We bought in 2018 with a jumbo 30 at a little over 5%. Refi’d last January, same jumbo 30, to 2.9%. At this point we would clear about 750k cash if we were to sell. Obviously something is very wrong, but I am glad to be in the position I’m in rather than looking to be a first time buyer

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I love the Millenial and Gen Z phaggots cheering on housing values dropping thinking they will be able to afford a house. Lol! These phaggots don’t understand that the interest rate raises will keep them jumping between apartments for the foreseeable future. These phaggots voted for what they are getting and I could not enjoy watching them suffer more than what I already do.

Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
I love the Millenial and Gen Z phaggots cheering on housing values dropping thinking they will be able to afford a house. Lol! These phaggots don’t understand that the interest rate raises will keep them jumping between apartments for the foreseeable future. These phaggots voted for what they are getting and I could not enjoy watching them suffer more than what I already do.

Lol!

Not to mention property tax

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member

Lol!

Then going to shit when they find themselves lacking employment. Of course fast food is still hiring

Users who are viewing this thread